List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Hope and Aiden

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hope and Aiden

Started by dancie at 2014/01/20 08:22AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/18 12:31PM, Views: 55380, Replies: 393
    « 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 » »| page:
    #221   2014/04/29 11:08AM
    Re: Hope and Aiden
    Nurse1999

I just wish they would either kill Bo or bring back. The storyline is really stupid not saying anything when a character leaves show. I mean really!!
    I know it's only a soap opera but they should at least make it seem like it would happen in the real world. I am just tired of them acting like Bo is somewhere playing spy let the story die and start a new one soon please.

#222   2014/04/29 11:29AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Nurse1999: I just wish they would either kill Bo or bring back. The storyline is really stupid not saying anything when a character leaves show. I mean really!!
    I know it's only a soap opera but they should at least make it seem like it would happen in the real world. I am just tired of them acting like Bo is somewhere playing spy let the story die and start a new one soon please.

Exactly!! And have it make sense & true to character!!

#223   2014/04/30 01:36PM
    dancie

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: Just got to thinking, when is last time we saw Hope at home? I am beginning to wonder if they did away with her home too. One can't have too many shots of the trees and park bench, it has taken place of the old pier they use to show all the time. But never see Hope in her environment anymore. If she has only stayed at Kiriakis manor , just saying then would have known she wasn't homeless. Sorry these odd thoughts about the show just pop into my head sometimes.

Obviously, her "environment" reminds fans of Bo and the writers are trying everything they can to make us wean off of, pull away from, or forget Bope's incredible relationship/ connection! Instead of ending them properly with believable/respectful closure true to their powerful history they're just trying to have him fade into the past after that OOC ridiculous letter - out of sight out of mind - while they recreate Hope in a new relationship! Relentlessly, I say why not handle that the right way and THEN move her on?? Fans will accept her with Aiden (or someone else) if Bo's believed dead MUCH moreso than neglecting/trashing Bo while she starts falling for another. Bope are too strong on DAYS to simply "forget" - hasn't been THAT long!! There's still a speck of Hope they'll handle this favorably before Hope's new romance starts!!

I believe you share the sentiment of most of us long time Bope fans. I don't know why they can't wrap up bope s/l in respectful way ASASP ,give her some time to grieve because that is what seems to be the most respectful way to deal wiht BO leaving and let us enjoy the buildup of relationship with Aiden if that is who she moves on with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get this developed and cater to fans as well.

#224   2014/05/01 08:59AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: Just got to thinking, when is last time we saw Hope at home? I am beginning to wonder if they did away with her home too. One can't have too many shots of the trees and park bench, it has taken place of the old pier they use to show all the time. But never see Hope in her environment anymore. If she has only stayed at Kiriakis manor , just saying then would have known she wasn't homeless. Sorry these odd thoughts about the show just pop into my head sometimes.

Obviously, her "environment" reminds fans of Bo and the writers are trying everything they can to make us wean off of, pull away from, or forget Bope's incredible relationship/ connection! Instead of ending them properly with believable/respectful closure true to their powerful history they're just trying to have him fade into the past after that OOC ridiculous letter - out of sight out of mind - while they recreate Hope in a new relationship! Relentlessly, I say why not handle that the right way and THEN move her on?? Fans will accept her with Aiden (or someone else) if Bo's believed dead MUCH moreso than neglecting/trashing Bo while she starts falling for another. Bope are too strong on DAYS to simply "forget" - hasn't been THAT long!! There's still a speck of Hope they'll handle this favorably before Hope's new romance starts!!

I believe you share the sentiment of most of us long time Bope fans. I don't know why they can't wrap up bope s/l in respectful way ASASP ,give her some time to grieve because that is what seems to be the most respectful way to deal wiht BO leaving and let us enjoy the buildup of relationship with Aiden if that is who she moves on with. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get this developed and cater to fans as well.

Exactly, "dancie" - EXACTLY! It DOESN'T take rocket science here! The actor himself (Peter Reckell) who developed Bo so successfully & knew him best of all AND what the fans loved about him recognized how shabbily the writers have handled Bo's departure and is why he offered to return to close Bo out respectfully because the fans deserve so much better than that! They've had ample time to do that or Peter wouldn't have expressed his concern - he KNOWS they've had ample time & he KNOWS it's been lame & dreadful! It's become, although sad & immature (and somewhat unprofessional) imo, they're being mean-spirited, spiteful, & cruel in their treatment of Bo (trashing him in how he's stayed away from his wife & child so long - completely OOC) AND Bope because this would NOT be the case with EITHER of them if they even attempted to stay true to them & their legendary, loved history! Still a chance to do it right even tho a slim one - that's why I keep plugging!! I'd like to watch Hope again (and possibly the show) but don't appreciate disrespect! & won't support that!!

#225   2014/05/01 04:09PM
    dancie

Okay if I understand right NBC/Sony own DOOL. If it comes down to renewing the show and bottom line of it being profitable, then why not cater to fans so you keep your fan base. I have always wondered why they did not do more cross promoting with other shows they own and cast from DOOL. They could earn more with some ADS, bit parts in other investments of the owners and bring more popularity to the show by having them appear on other things such as game shows, etc. I know they are not part of ABC Dancing with the Stars but still having your actors seen and your show promoted on another company, has to be good for business. I wonder what it would take to get them to Put Kristen Alfonso on DWTS, just saying such a beautiful and elegant woman should be show cased on something like this or other programs. JMO

#226   2014/05/01 05:40PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: Okay if I understand right NBC/Sony own DOOL. If it comes down to renewing the show and bottom line of it being profitable, then why not cater to fans so you keep your fan base. I have always wondered why they did not do more cross promoting with other shows they own and cast from DOOL. They could earn more with some ADS, bit parts in other investments of the owners and bring more popularity to the show by having them appear on other things such as game shows, etc. I know they are not part of ABC Dancing with the Stars but still having your actors seen and your show promoted on another company, has to be good for business. I wonder what it would take to get them to Put Kristen Alfonso on DWTS, just saying such a beautiful and elegant woman should be show cased on something like this or other programs. JMO

"dancie", I can't begin to answer your questions and what you suggests here makes too much sense for tptb present day to attempt! I've been scratching my head for over a decade at how they've been destroying a once awesome, highly rated show. They've run off the established, solid audience and have made NO effort to stop that. It continues in spite of the lowest ratings in the history of the show. No effort is made to change that and turn it around (not talking about bringing in new, younger characters/actors - that's ALWAYS happened). While introducing new/young folks they never pushed out the established popular ones until recent years and it has been devastating to DAYS. Sharing the stage was what kept the show strong, true to history, while growing. I don't know what happened to cause them to refuse to recognize what the "majority" of the audience wanted, so they just kept letting them go little by little until now where the present audience is so small and shallow they don't have a strong enough foundation to survive many more years. Just a fact! But the treatment of a iconic character like Bo who brought SO much over the years & the negligence of the couple, Bope, getting such shabby treatment has been unacceptable & it hurts Hope's future as much as it slaps Bo & Bope's fans in the face! Just a strange choice once again but, obviously, they don't care and DAYS will be loser before it's all over! Just watch. You can't just bite the hand that feeds you over & over!!

#227   2014/05/05 11:17AM
    Sunlover127

I am finding that the longer I watch DOOL, I am enjoying Hope's and Aiden's characters "play" off one another.

I have liked how the writers have had Hope and Aiden go from being enemies to developing into friends with mutual respect, an understanding of one another's issues of being a single parent and maybe even a little attraction to one another. (and maybe eventually.....more than just friends.)

I agree that there needs to be closure with Bo in order for Hope to really move on with anyone else. I hope that the writers are planning to do something with Bo soon.

And, I like that the writers are taking their time building the Hope and Aiden relationship! I think they are being true to Hope's character and her love for Bo by having her NOT hop into bed with another man.

I think this storyline has potential.

#228   2014/05/05 01:05PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Sunlover127: I am finding that the longer I watch DOOL, I am enjoying Hope's and Aiden's characters "play" off one another.

I have liked how the writers have had Hope and Aiden go from being enemies to developing into friends with mutual respect, an understanding of one another's issues of being a single parent and maybe even a little attraction to one another. (and maybe eventually.....more than just friends.)

I agree that there needs to be closure with Bo in order for Hope to really move on with anyone else. I hope that the writers are planning to do something with Bo soon.

And, I like that the writers are taking their time building the Hope and Aiden relationship! I think they are being true to Hope's character and her love for Bo by having her NOT hop into bed with another man.

Nice post and I, personally, agree with your last 3 paragraphs most of all. The Hope/Aiden pairing from the beginning was very typical (fight first/romance later) of DAYS over the years - very recognizable and about the ONLY "recognizable" thing they do! As always, they need to deal with Bo first BEFORE Hope romances because Bope were the most powerful thing DAYS ever had and respect & true to character are all too important for Hope to have success on THIS show. Yes, Hope/Aiden do have "potential" and with proper writing and respectful handling of Bo/Bope's closure, they could bring back former audience (the present audience isn't strong enough to make a difference, truthfully - they need MUCH more to survive). Hope is popular but Bope were EXTREMELY popular - decent writing will tell this story about whether the "potential" works or fails imo! There's no need to punish Hope & fans while trashing Bo!

#229   2014/05/05 02:44PM
    fadingrose

Quote Sunlover127: I am finding that the longer I watch DOOL, I am enjoying Hope's and Aiden's characters "play" off one another.

Bravo! That, to me, is a brilliant, short-and-sweet analysis of the Hope & Aiden situation. Those of us who would like to see that relationship become stronger and more personal ALMOST ALWAYS add the condition that the Bope love story must firs be respectfully resolved. I, for one, am getting weary of approving of that same old lament over and over again and sometimes nearly word-for-word. Obviously TPTB don't care one little bit, and now I'm out of patience and will let more dedicated fans continue the fight without my input.

#230   2014/05/06 04:54AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote fadingrose:

Bravo! That, to me, is a brilliant, short-and-sweet analysis of the Hope & Aiden situation. Those of us who would like to see that relationship become stronger and more personal ALMOST ALWAYS add the condition that the Bope love story must firs be respectfully resolved. I, for one, am getting weary of approving of that same old lament over and over again and sometimes nearly word-for-word. Obviously TPTB don't care one little bit, and now I'm out of patience and will let more dedicated fans continue the fight without my input.

I loved "Sunlover's" brilliant short & sweet post as well and ALWAYS welcome another viewers' input on my very passionate concern about my all time faves, Bope!! I also appreciate interest in Hope's future (and if Aiden's the one & they'll write for her with him, that's great! She's been on the backburner - even the last years with Bo - for much too long)! I KNOW my comments are relentless & repetitious - have admitted that since starting my rant over a year ago - but there's really nothing to vary here - it's the same message and a very simple one (handle Bo's absence properly BEFORE Hope falls in love with another - simply quit trashing Bo to build up Aiden which is precisely what they're doing). They may not "care" and I agree with that, but it WILL hurt Hope (certainly won't help) if they don't handle Bope's closure favorably! That's jmho but I believe to be spot on! And until that happens (still a speck of hope) I'll try to keep pushing even if alone and "word for word" the same. Appreciate your support but don't expect everyone to "approve the same old lament over & over" - I know it gets tiring to many! But I'll keep trying (has to end soon because they can't keep couples out of bed for long with this writing team) - MAY catch the eye of someone who could make a difference & do Bope the justice they so deserve!

« 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list