List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Hope and Aiden

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hope and Aiden

Started by dancie at 2014/01/20 08:22AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/18 12:31PM, Views: 55028, Replies: 393
    « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:
    #211   2014/04/25 03:05AM
    Re: Hope and Aiden
    fadingrose

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mbfc3: I agree with you, fadingrose. AFTER the Bo conclusion, I think it would be refreshing to see Hooe with someone different, and I see the beginnings of some potential Hope and Aiden magic.

Different strokes, I guess.

I think you may be right about this, but as a VERY passionate Bope fan (maybe THE most LOL), the book is still out on that and definitely WILL be if they don't handle the Bo "conclusion" with the respect it deserves. That HAS to be done for Hope to "successfully" move on with ANYONE! I'm still resentful they're so obviously pushing another love interest for her BEFORE properly & acceptably dealing with Bo's absence! Some viewers are okay with that & ready for her to get with another and some like the opposite type compared to someone closer to Bo's rugged style - that I don't know for sure yet although there'll NEVER be another as powerful as Bope on DAYS, regardless! Although I quit watching nearly 2 years ago because of how they took Bo & Hope OOC & started weakening them, because I love Hope I, personally, could come back & watch again, accept, & support her with a new romance IF they put respectful closure on Bope BEFORE she gets those loving feelings for a new man. I still think the writers are hurting HOPE as much as they're trashing Bo with all this mishandling - it's really up to them to correct THEIR mess and give Hope what she deserves as well as Bo in his conclusion. Why not try to appeal to everyone on this hot issue instead of arrogantly refusing to deal with it the right way? On this topic I'm inclined to think Hope, after decent grieving time over Bo's "death", would need a different style from Bo at this stage of her life (again, the BEST choice of all would be to admit bringing Bo back with good story material is the best option & do so). Time will tell & I'll keep reading & keeping up, but (for most) it's going to be difficult enough to accept her with another anyway but nearly impossible if not dealt with favorably to Bope!

Few fans would disagree with you that Bope NEEDS a respectful closure before Hope moves on with anyone! The writers apparently don't care about what is plainly the "decent" way to handle this decades-long love story.

Whether or not the majority believes that a Hope/Aiden pairing is the right one, I don't think the two are being "pushed" into a relationship prematurely. After all, both of them are unofficially "single" now and, as healthy human beings, might be feeling some tiny sparks that could be fully ignited at some appropriate time in the future. At least we've got an interesting story line for Hope, instead of merely leaving her on the sidelines watching everyone else.

#212   2014/04/25 05:55PM
    Posmama

I've been a fan of bope since the start. However, the more I see aiden the more I love him with Hope. I hope Bo stays away for awhile so we get to see Haiden develop. I'm tired of waiting for them to do something about bo. I don't care anymore. I want to see Hope and Aiden front and center. I think they have great potential to provide some a sweet and heart warming stories and as well as some comic relief.

#213   2014/04/26 04:41PM
    mbfc3

Quote Posmama: I've been a fan of bope since the start. However, the more I see aiden the more I love him with Hope. I hope Bo stays away for awhile so we get to see Haiden develop. I'm tired of waiting for them to do something about bo. I don't care anymore. I want to see Hope and Aiden front and center. I think they have great potential to provide some a sweet and heart warming stories and as well as some comic relief.

Aiden does have a great humor about him. He just has a sparkle that is very appealing.

#214   2014/04/27 05:00AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Posmama: I've been a fan of bope since the start. However, the more I see aiden the more I love him with Hope. I hope Bo stays away for awhile so we get to see Haiden develop. I'm tired of waiting for them to do something about bo. I don't care anymore. I want to see Hope and Aiden front and center. I think they have great potential to provide some a sweet and heart warming stories and as well as some comic relief.

There are some who simply "don't care" anymore about Bo (and no problem with him staying "away for awhile" - he's GONE), but there're many who DO care about the respect he's not receiving in his departure. Bo was an iconic character - the most popular male character ever - & was hugely responsible for the show having the strong foundation it had (and still survives off of) and brought decades of top ratings & popularity to DAYS. He & Hope were the most popular couple the show ever had and ever will have! They simply deserve due respect - that's all! As far as wanting to see Aiden with Hope you're getting exactly that and WILL get much more - that's a given and not even argurable. It's happening & not going anywhere so you're getting your wish - that is NOT in question! The problem I and others have is they should not do the cart BEFORE the horse putting Hope in another romance before Bo is thought to be "dead" - the only respectable/acceptable way imo) and, as I said, MANY still do care about that respect! My question is why NOT do that?

#215   2014/04/27 07:29AM
    stjarna

Quote LuvBoHope:

There are some who simply "don't care" anymore about Bo (and no problem with him staying "away for awhile" - he's GONE), but there're many who DO care about the respect he's not receiving in his departure. Bo was an iconic character - the most popular male character ever - & was hugely responsible for the show having the strong foundation it had (and still survives off of) and brought decades of top ratings & popularity to DAYS. He & Hope were the most popular couple the show ever had and ever will have! They simply deserve due respect - that's all! As far as wanting to see Aiden with Hope you're getting exactly that and WILL get much more - that's a given and not even arguerable. It's happening & not going anywhere so you're getting your wish - that is NOT in question! The problem I and others have is they should not do the cart BEFORE the horse putting Hope in another romance before Bo is thought to be "dead" - the only respectable/acceptable way imo) and, as I said, MANY still do care about that respect! My question is why NOT do that?

First of all- I personally don't really like Haiden. It;s Aiden that I don't care about at all. Hope is great.And always will be.
    Secondly- my opinion about why they don't bring real closure (maybe they will if PR returns- I don't know if those rumours were real or not about his comeback!)with Bope- it's how these writers and tptb operate...They have their storylines and new character and new agenda, and don't really care much about the history of characters -JMO- and that is why it is the way it is. I don't like it at all. Look what was done with Jennifer and Jack...after fans went on and on- Jack got some recognition with his book...but was trashed by then so badly that it actually didn't feel right anymore. Then they tried to repair Jennifer's two-seconds mourning into saying that she simply moved on and wants to live in the now- only Abigail grieved for her father properly.... and now I am detouring.... but that is a good example how things are done now. That is why I called it NuDays...it is all sad.
    The only thing what I can say is that there is need to put an end to the limbo Hope is in. Even a very harsh ending to Bope is a better ending than what is currently going on.
    For those who are now fans of Hope and Aiden- well... enjoy it...what else is there to say.

#216   2014/04/27 03:32PM
    Posmama

I think they have only scratched the surface with the pairing of Hope and Aiden. Give Aiden a chance. Daniel Cosgrove is a a great actor. I remember him from GL. They apparently specifically made him start out as a very frustrated and somewhat judgmental character probably because the very generous and forgiving Hope may be the only one who will be able to get to him. I can't wait to find out about what happened in his past. Bo will always be Hope's first and most true love. I'm certainly not opposed to Bo being presumed dead. As we all know death never has to be final in the soap world. I just get the feeling they don't want to go the easier route. Maybe they want to see Hope have feelings for someone other than Bo for the first time and have to deal with the guilt and the consequences of loving two men. Not to mention in front of the whole Brady and Horton families. I wonder how they will react when they all start to realize what's going on. I don't think they are going to let this be the storybook romance like the first time. I'm starting to see that sparkle in Hope again and we haven't seen that for awhile. Whether Bo is presumed dead or not we have to face it he is gone. I certainly don't want to see anyone but Peter play Bo's part and it doesn't sound like he is anywhere near returning right now. So, if Aiden can come in and help bring out our iconic and favorite heroin into the story ....then yes I'm all for it.

#217   2014/04/28 05:06AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Posmama: I think they have only scratched the surface with the pairing of Hope and Aiden. Give Aiden a chance. Daniel Cosgrove is a a great actor. I remember him from GL. They apparently specifically made him start out as a very frustrated and somewhat judgmental character probably because the very generous and forgiving Hope may be the only one who will be able to get to him. I can't wait to find out about what happened in his past. Bo will always be Hope's first and most true love. I'm certainly not opposed to Bo being presumed dead. As we all know death never has to be final in the soap world. I just get the feeling they don't want to go the easier route. Maybe they want to see Hope have feelings for someone other than Bo for the first time and have to deal with the guilt and the consequences of loving two men. Not to mention in front of the whole Brady and Horton families. I wonder how they will react when they all start to realize what's going on. I don't think they are going to let this be the storybook romance like the first time. I'm starting to see that sparkle in Hope again and we haven't seen that for awhile. Whether Bo is presumed dead or not we have to face it he is gone. I certainly don't want to see anyone but Peter play Bo's part and it doesn't sound like he is anywhere near returning right now. So, if Aiden can come in and help bring out our iconic and favorite heroin into the story ....then yes I'm all for it.

Very nice post and while I share your love for "our" Hope and want to see her get the beefy sl she's deserved for O SO LONG and shouldn't have to STAU on the backburner she & Bo shared for much too long in their later years just because Bo is gone, I still expect the respect to characters who meant so much to the show & what it still survives off of now. This post is a nice one in "continuing" to bring Aiden along for Hope. They've only "scratched the surface" but it appears they're going to put the cart BEFORE the horse rather than the way it should be in order to keep Hope true to her amazing character!! Sounds nice about the Hortons & Bradys, Hope's struggle with guilt, etc., & is likely that's the path these writers will take rather than let Hope feel Bo's dead (again, Hope wouldn't be hanging around in Salem knowing Bo's has been in danger - even MORE now - protecting his loved ones. She's be struggling to find him & help!! The whole scenario is hard to accept (nothing against Aiden, btw - he's just the one they're forcing before dealing with what they should for this to make sense & get "majority" support)! Anyway, for those accepting enjoy - you're going to have fun with this regardless. For those not accepting & resentful of the writing/trashing of Bo some will tough it out and some will not rejoin the audience (and we ALL know DAYS needs all the audience it can get which makes this headscratching to say the least)! Why not respect Bo/Bope? Can't imagine what their reasoning is! Jealousy maybe? Whatever! I love Hope and wish her success!! Can't say the same about the writers!!

#218   2014/04/28 01:35PM
    dancie

Just got to thinking, when is last time we saw Hope at home? I am beginning to wonder if they did away with her home too. One can't have too many shots of the trees and park bench, it has taken place of the old pier they use to show all the time. But never see Hope in her environment anymore. If she has only stayed at Kiriakis manor , just saying then would have known she wasn't homeless. Sorry these odd thoughts about the show just pop into my head sometimes.

#219   2014/04/28 05:34PM
    Posmama

Quote dancie: Just got to thinking, when is last time we saw Hope at home? I am beginning to wonder if they did away with her home too. One can't have too many shots of the trees and park bench, it has taken place of the old pier they use to show all the time. But never see Hope in her environment anymore. If she has only stayed at Kiriakis manor , just saying then would have known she wasn't homeless. Sorry these odd thoughts about the show just pop into my head sometimes.

Lol that's so funny you say that I was wondering the same thing. I don't think we've seen Hope' s. house fully since Bo left. I think they may have shown her bedroom once at Christmas 2012... But not since then. Maybe Aiden will get to have a apt.Afterall, they can't have Hope and Aiden making out at the school, Horton square, at the police station or out in the bushes somewhere.

#220   2014/04/29 04:26AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: Just got to thinking, when is last time we saw Hope at home? I am beginning to wonder if they did away with her home too. One can't have too many shots of the trees and park bench, it has taken place of the old pier they use to show all the time. But never see Hope in her environment anymore. If she has only stayed at Kiriakis manor , just saying then would have known she wasn't homeless. Sorry these odd thoughts about the show just pop into my head sometimes.

Obviously, her "environment" reminds fans of Bo and the writers are trying everything they can to make us wean off of, pull away from, or forget Bope's incredible relationship/ connection! Instead of ending them properly with believable/respectful closure true to their powerful history they're just trying to have him fade into the past after that OOC ridiculous letter - out of sight out of mind - while they recreate Hope in a new relationship! Relentlessly, I say why not handle that the right way and THEN move her on?? Fans will accept her with Aiden (or someone else) if Bo's believed dead MUCH moreso than neglecting/trashing Bo while she starts falling for another. Bope are too strong on DAYS to simply "forget" - hasn't been THAT long!! There's still a speck of Hope they'll handle this favorably before Hope's new romance starts!!

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list