List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Poll: Volunteer moderator

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Poll: Volunteer moderator

Started by Chrissi at 2006/11/01 10:24AM
    Latest post: 2006/11/08 08:39PM, Views: 1106, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/11/01 10:24AM
    Poll: Volunteer moderator
    Chrissi

I'm searching for one or two volunteer moderators for all of our message boards at Soaps.com. If you feel that there is someone on the boards who would be a good candidate, please email me (my email address is under my photo) and we can discuss it further!

Also, feel free to vote for yourself! Let me know if you're interested!

I'm opening this topic, as I had issues with that email address. SORRY!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/02 06:33AM
    #2   2006/11/02 07:42AM
    Re: Poll: Volunteer moderator
    Chrissi

Bumping this because my email address was wonky yesterday! Post away ..

#3   2006/11/02 10:14AM
    Natalie

Maybe bearie could be the poll moderator. Or me i could do it too.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/02 10:14AM
    #4   2006/11/02 10:33AM
    Chrissi

Oh gosh... sorry. I didn't mean it was a poll moderator! I meant that it was a message board moderator! :P My bad!!!

Can you guy email me and we can discuss details? Click the email address below my photo!

#5   2006/11/03 12:15PM
    SamiBrady_Ch...

I'd LOVE to do it.

#6   2006/11/04 01:30AM
    SamiBrady_Ch...

I didn't hear anything from you one way or the other either through here or email so I was just leaving a message again letting you know that I was interested.

#7   2006/11/04 07:13AM
    Chrissi

Oh no! I must still not be getting some of my emails. I'm sorry.. I'd love to have you. You can email me at http://www.soaps.com/contact/ I also just changed the email address that was there, to another one I have.

For anyone else who I didn't get back to, please feel free to email me again, at http://www.soaps.com/contact/. I will see our Sys Admin to find out what's up with the email.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/04 07:15AM
    #8   2006/11/04 01:35PM
    liz-k

What exactly does a volunteer moderator do?

#9   2006/11/05 06:49AM
    Chrissi

I'd like someone who can post a few threads, answer any questions that come up that I may not see, and have a good time on the board with games!

We want someone who realizes that there are a lot of opinions out there. We'd like you to allow everyone to have their own say, without judging them for it. You can edit member's posts in order to remind them of the guidelines and if needed, to delete specific things that do not follow the guidelines. You can't delete posts but if it's needed when someone gets really bad or spasm us, just let either me or Amy know. We'll take care of it. We don't like to delete posts often, and only do it when absolutely necessary. We like everyone to have their say. The writers, will still remain moderators but you may not see them much. Amy and I will be contact moderators for you, when you're in need. Amy is my assistant, in addition to being a writer on the site so you can contact either of us by clicking the contact us page, or by emailing us from the email addresses under our pictures. (She works on the Y&R and OLTL writing - Y&R changes hands as of Monday as I need to have more time on my hands for other Ed-in-Chief stuff!

Examples:

Posting in all caps: Edit their post, write something like, "Please do not use all caps in your posts, as it is hard on the eyes and against soaps.com guidelines"

Profanity/Racial slurs: Edit their post, remove the word(s), replace it with stars *** and in bold, write "Please follow guidelines - no profanity/racial slurs allowed! Thanks!" ((Last night we implemented a system that disallows a person to post profanity, by blocking specific words.))

Important: Please do not ever engage in arguments with other members. If someone is pushing your buttons - and you can't diffuse the situation, ask Amy or me for help. Sometimes it helps to have someone else take over!! Lastly, if any moderator is caught abusing their post in any capacity, we will remove mod status immediately.

#10   2006/11/05 09:11PM
    SamiBrady_Ch...

I keep responding to this but getting no response back, Chrissi what do I need to do to become a mod.? Let me know please and thank you

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list