List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: I'm reeling :( Michael Muhney from Y&R axed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I'm reeling :( Michael Muhney from Y&R axed

Started by allmylovingdays at 2013/12/17 12:43PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 05:56AM, Views: 752, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2013/12/17 12:43PM
    I'm reeling :( Michael Muhney from Y&R axed
    allmylovingdays

He tweeted he was just released. Hey I may not watch anymore but WTH WTF is going on

@michaelmuhney: My last air date will be Jan 30th. I'm going to take some private time with my wife & kids, as I am most concerned for their well-being...

#2   2013/12/17 01:41PM
    Re: I'm reeling :( Michael Muhney from Y&R axed
    aceedacee

Hmm...Is this is a JFP decision? If it is, there's no doubt somebody wants Y&R off of CBS. The best way to kill a soap is to get rid of its best characters for no apparent reason. Martha Byrne, who played Lilly on As the World Turns, and a pivotal character on that show, was let go under the guise contract negotiations didn't go well, while show didn't recover with her disappearance and bad recast, followed by the show's cancellation just three years later. Also, the Frankie Frame character on Another World, was written off and the actress let go, and again, the show suffered terribly and got cancelled a few years later. Both these instances, I'm almost certain, occurred under JPF. Come to think of it, JPF was also on Santa Barbara a year before that show got cancelled. Yeah, they don't call JPF the soap killer for nothing.

I know, without Michael Muhney, Y&R is not worth watching for me. Never thought they would be foolish enough to release him.

#3   2013/12/17 06:20PM
    johnsfan

Quote allmylovingdays: He tweeted he was just released. Hey I may not watch anymore but WTH WTF is going on

@michaelmuhney: My last air date will be Jan 30th. I'm going to take some private time with my wife & kids, as I am most concerned for their well-being...

I believe his baby son has a heart issue of some sort, don't know the details.

#4   2013/12/18 04:42AM
    allmylovingdays

He posted he was let go. I hope all is well with his family and I hope he does take some time to decide what to do next but would love for him to be here -as either Philip K or Peter Blake.

#5   2013/12/18 05:54PM
    HouseTops

Another cutie for DOOL????

#6   2013/12/20 05:56AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote HouseTops: Another cutie for DOOL????

Exactly. HOUSETOPS we really need him here - I love the idea of him as Peter or Philip.

Twitter yesterday was so entertaining. EB, NB, MW, DD chimed in on why Michael was fired saying it wasn't the executive producers fault but the rumors are stating that they are recasting??

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list