List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Bo Brady?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Bo Brady?

Started by Babs_1955 at 2013/12/04 06:33AM
    Latest post: 2014/01/22 03:20PM, Views: 2364, Replies: 14
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2014/01/21 02:34PM
    Re: Bo Brady?
    CindyHaskins

I say a big no to days of our lives bringing back peter reckell to the show and bringing back bo and hope.

#12   2014/01/21 04:34PM
    cindyz536

Hate that the have sent Bo off without a story. How about Bo joined the marines again and is off fighting for his country? Many wives are without their husbands but there is a very good reason. Days could deal with the issue of wives home with the husband off fighting. There would be a great storyline for Hope.. dealing with her husband off in the Middle East. I'm sure wives of men in the service would love to have a representative on a soap. If the writers have no better idea than Bo deserted his wife and daughter try this idea.

#13   2014/01/22 05:16AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote cindyz536: Hate that the have sent Bo off without a story. How about Bo joined the marines again and is off fighting for his country? Many wives are without their husbands but there is a very good reason. Days could deal with the issue of wives home with the husband off fighting. There would be a great storyline for Hope.. dealing with her husband off in the Middle East. I'm sure wives of men in the service would love to have a representative on a soap. If the writers have no better idea than Bo deserted his wife and daughter try this idea.

Good post!! Of course, it's a whole lot easier & lazier to simply let Bo desert his wife & daughter and would take a smidgen of effort & creativity to write a decent explanation of Bo's absence with something better, but to stay honest & true to his character for the decades he was on the show & the impact he made & KEPT it highly rated as argurably the most popular male the show ever had, Bo (and Hope) needs a quality explanation about his absence that would be believable to him & their fans. That's not asking much (and a good, professional writer should have the ability & the concern for the viewers), and with Hope possibly getting some decent story material ahead with the expectations of a relationship on the horizon Bo HAS to be explained acceptably (NOT deserting his wife & child for ANY reason)!!

#14   2014/01/22 05:45AM
    fadingrose

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote cindyz536: Hate that the have sent Bo off without a story. How about Bo joined the marines again and is off fighting for his country? Many wives are without their husbands but there is a very good reason. Days could deal with the issue of wives home with the husband off fighting. There would be a great storyline for Hope.. dealing with her husband off in the Middle East. I'm sure wives of men in the service would love to have a representative on a soap. If the writers have no better idea than Bo deserted his wife and daughter try this idea.

Good post!! Of course, it's a whole lot easier & lazier to simply let Bo desert his wife & daughter and would take a smidgen of effort & creativity to write a decent explanation of Bo's absence with something better, but to stay honest & true to his character for the decades he was on the show & the impact he made & KEPT it highly rated as argurably the most popular male the show ever had, Bo (and Hope) needs a quality explanation about his absence that would be believable to him & their fans. That's not asking much (and a good, professional writer should have the ability & the concern for the viewers), and with Hope possibly getting some decent story material ahead with the expectations of a relationship on the horizon Bo HAS to be explained acceptably (NOT deserting his wife & child for ANY reason)!!

I've finally surrendered to the wishes of TPTB on this issue, but admire any other Bope fans who are still hoping... It wouldn't even need a specially talented writer to fix things--all it really needs is the MOTIVATION to do so. And obviously it's not there in the front office.

#15   2014/01/22 03:20PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote LuvBoHope:

I've finally surrendered to the wishes of TPTB on this issue, but admire any other Bope fans who are still hoping... It wouldn't even need a specially talented writer to fix things--all it really needs is the MOTIVATION to do so. And obviously it's not there in the front office.

Truthfully, "fadingrose", I've "surrendered" those wishes too because I don't believe in the present writers at all and simply quit watching & DVRing altogether because of this lack of respect. That's my personal choice! However, as long as Hope is still on - although barely in the last few years - I'm loyal to her & keep reading these boards to see if there's an ounce of hope for her and the respect they've (Bope) both earned & deserved (they were a twosome on here for so long & how they became so powerful & helped make this show so successful for so long) "might" still happen since she's still around. That's why I post on ANY thread relating to her/him/them my relentless message in hopes someone in tptb will pick up on the importance of this & recognize the need to treat Bo's exit with respect to this legendary pair! Probably most posters don't read my repetitive comments anymore - no bother to me - but while there's breath there's hope. Who knows? SOME former viewers could return to the audience (and gosh knows they need MANY more) IF Hope got something believable & worthwhile to watch which can't happen until Bo's absence makes sense & is likeable to their fans. With that being said there ARE some who'll watch regardless & the ratings will stay as low as they are - nothing lost or gained, but to be strong, that HAS to happen! Like him or not (and I actually like Hope better) he has a strong following still because he's still connected thru Hope/Ciara (some still think he may return) so sticking him/trashing him won't sell imo! Gotta be done & acceptable - plain & simple!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list