List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: EJ and Abby, DOOL's Anastasia and Christian?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

EJ and Abby, DOOL's Anastasia and Christian?

Started by Rosieroserson at 2013/11/15 01:55AM
    Latest post: 2014/01/20 05:01AM, Views: 11234, Replies: 100
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #91   2014/01/18 06:49PM
    Re: EJ and Abby, DOOL's Anastasia and Christian?
    Iluvniyah

First of all I do not want ANY more babies from ANYONE right now. a plot device does not have to always include baby mama-daddy drama. Second the 50 Shades reference IMO in comparison to the book is not so much the S&M, but more of the innocence or inexperience of a young female (Abby) with the dominant and more experienced male (EJ) and the physical relationship that moves from pure and raw sexual attraction to love and a committed relationship.

#92   2014/01/18 10:16PM
    Mystiqwolf

Grosssss! Seriously does Abby have a Daddy thing going on here? I find the whole thing disgusting

#93   2014/01/19 04:46AM
    fadingrose

Quote Iluvniyah: First of all I do not want ANY more babies from ANYONE right now. a plot device does not have to always include baby mama-daddy drama. Second the 50 Shades reference IMO in comparison to the book is not so much the S&M, but more of the innocence or inexperience of a young female (Abby) with the dominant and more experienced male (EJ) and the physical relationship that moves from pure and raw sexual attraction to love and a committed relationship.

Thanks for clarifying the attempt to compare Ejabby to the lovers in Fifty Shades. Obviously many of the posters have not read the books and must go on what they think the theme is. It is as you so well summarized--and in no way was Grey "beating the hell" out of Anastasia. S&M supposedly refers to sex wherein BOTH parties enjoy what's happening. There was--in Fifty Shades a "safe" word for the submissive one to use whenever she wanted to stop the pain. So far, I in now way see Ejabby as an S&M situation--except that both men are more experienced than their female lovers.

#94   2014/01/19 08:43AM
    dazgonby

I did not read the book as I had stated but I sure am not going by what I think it is...more on what I have read others saying...which some is only their opinion so I don't even go by that.
    If there is going to be a comparison to this book then I would have to assume that it would be more than just an older guy having sex with a younger gal.
    Especially since no way is Abby innocent...that left a long time ago with what she pulled on Austin.

#95   2014/01/19 08:52AM
    flightygirl

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote Iluvniyah: First of all I do not want ANY more babies from ANYONE right now. a plot device does not have to always include baby mama-daddy drama. Second the 50 Shades reference IMO in comparison to the book is not so much the S&M, but more of the innocence or inexperience of a young female (Abby) with the dominant and more experienced male (EJ) and the physical relationship that moves from pure and raw sexual attraction to love and a committed relationship.

Thanks for clarifying the attempt to compare Ejabby to the lovers in Fifty Shades. Obviously many of the posters have not read the books and must go on what they think the theme is. It is as you so well summarized--and in no way was Grey "beating the hell" out of Anastasia. S&M supposedly refers to sex wherein BOTH parties enjoy what's happening. There was--in Fifty Shades a "safe" word for the submissive one to use whenever she wanted to stop the pain. So far, I in now way see Ejabby as an S&M situation--except that both men are more experienced than their female lovers.

As long as she obeyed and NEVER rolled her eyes at him....

#96   2014/01/19 09:19AM
    sharon n nic...

Quote Mystiqwolf: Grosssss! Seriously does Abby have a Daddy thing going on here? I find the whole thing disgusting

Very disgusting!

#97   2014/01/19 06:31PM
    ANDREA51

I am not an EJ and Abby fan, that being said I have read the books and the comparison can only be the inexperience of Abby compared to EJ but that could have been Abby and Chad, Abby and Cameron, Abby and anyone the real deal in my opinion is that some fans think that James Scott would have a made a great Christian Grey which I agree with, I could really see him as Christian but Christian was only a few years older than Anastasia and was very much single and had never been in love and was only responsible for himself and he was honest,and he loved Anastasia beyond reason,(kind of what EJ told Sami), Christians heart and soul did not belong to someone else he could freely allow himself to love someone even though he didn't think he deserved Ana, none of these characteristics in my opinion fit EJ.

#98   2014/01/19 06:44PM
    Rosieroserson

Quote ANDREA51: I am not an EJ and Abby fan, that being said I have read the books and the comparison can only be the inexperience of Abby compared to EJ but that could have been Abby and Chad, Abby and Cameron, Abby and anyone the real deal in my opinion is that some fans think that James Scott would have a made a great Christian Grey which I agree with, I could really see him as Christian but Christian was only a few years older than Anastasia and was very much single and had never been in love and was only responsible for himself and he was honest,and he loved Anastasia beyond reason,(kind of what EJ told Sami), Christians heart and soul did not belong to someone else he could freely allow himself to love someone even though he didn't think he deserved Ana, none of these characteristics in my opinion fit EJ.

So the real deal fits Ejami, not Ejabby?! Except from the fact that Sami is as experienced as EJ (or so it seems!)

#99   2014/01/19 10:17PM
    -Josie-

Quote ANDREA51: the real deal in my opinion is that some fans think that James Scott would have a made a great Christian Grey which I agree with, I could really see him as Christian but Christian was only a few years older than Anastasia and was very much single and had never been in love and was only responsible for himself and he was honest,and he loved Anastasia beyond reason,(kind of what EJ told Sami), Christians heart and soul did not belong to someone else he could freely allow himself to love someone even though he didn't think he deserved Ana, none of these characteristics in my opinion fit EJ.

Yes, the show wanted to use the fact that James is so sexy to draw a 50 Shades comparison. But in doing so, they destroyed the amazing character of EJ. EJ had always loved Sami above all others and wouldn't even look at another woman, when he could have Sami. He was always patient w/ her and would wait for her to come around, even if that meant being celibate for over a year. Now we're supposed to believe that same devoted EJ has become a sleaze and cannot resist the temptation of a whiny little girl?! Beyond ridiculous!

#100   2014/01/20 12:16AM
    Rosieroserson

Quote -Josie-:
    Quote ANDREA51: the real deal in my opinion is that some fans think that James Scott would have a made a great Christian Grey which I agree with, I could really see him as Christian but Christian was only a few years older than Anastasia and was very much single and had never been in love and was only responsible for himself and he was honest,and he loved Anastasia beyond reason,(kind of what EJ told Sami), Christians heart and soul did not belong to someone else he could freely allow himself to love someone even though he didn't think he deserved Ana, none of these characteristics in my opinion fit EJ.

Yes, the show wanted to use the fact that James is so sexy to draw a 50 Shades comparison. But in doing so, they destroyed the amazing character of EJ. EJ had always loved Sami above all others and wouldn't even look at another woman, when he could have Sami. He was always patient w/ her and would wait for her to come around, even if that meant being celibate for over a year. Now we're supposed to believe that same devoted EJ has become a sleaze and cannot resist the temptation of a whiny little girl?! Beyond ridiculous!

Great post!
    They've made EJ into something he isn't!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list