List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Aunt Hope????????????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Aunt Hope????????????

Started by cam1207 at 2013/10/23 12:15PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/02 06:17AM, Views: 1398, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/23 12:15PM
    Aunt Hope????????????
    cam1207

OK, why is Abigail calling Hope, Aunt Hope? Hope and Jennifer are barely first cousins...Hope was raised by Julie her sister, which almost would make Jennifer and her relationship - second cousins, but - they are cousins. Why on earth would she be Aunt Hope? Have the writers ever watched the show before they took over?

#2   2013/10/23 01:10PM
    Re: Aunt Hope????????????
    mama rosa

Quote cam1207: OK, why is Abigail calling Hope, Aunt Hope? Hope and Jennifer are barely first cousins...Hope was raised by Julie her sister, which almost would make Jennifer and her relationship - second cousins, but - they are cousins. Why on earth would she be Aunt Hope? Have the writers ever watched the show before they took over?

Hi Cam!
    You have me,ROTFLMAO!!When your right your right!!..LOL

#3   2013/10/23 02:08PM
    mauimama

Out of respect- my kids called their adult 2nd cousins by "Aunt and Uncle" and my BFF's kids called me "Aunt" instead of Mrs.. or by my 1st name only... (my kids called my BFF "Aunt" also - out of respect. It also threw me off when Nick the creep called Hope "Aunt" -(how soon can we get rid of that jerk - hated him 1st time around and I have no love for him this round either!)

#4   2013/10/23 06:03PM
    Nita Lou

Quote mauimama: Out of respect- my kids called their adult 2nd cousins by "Aunt and Uncle" and my BFF's kids called me "Aunt" instead of Mrs.. or by my 1st name only... (my kids called my BFF "Aunt" also - out of respect. It also threw me off when Nick the creep called Hope "Aunt" -(how soon can we get rid of that jerk - hated him 1st time around and I have no love for him this round either!)

Amen and amen... My kids were taught to call older cousins "aunt and uncle" as well, a mark of respect instead of calling them by their first name! Also I was taught to call Mom and Dad's close friends "aunt and Uncle" instead of calling them by their first names... again about respect!

#5   2013/10/23 06:39PM
    waggo50

Quote cam1207: OK, why is Abigail calling Hope, Aunt Hope? Hope and Jennifer are barely first cousins...Hope was raised by Julie her sister, which almost would make Jennifer and her relationship - second cousins, but - they are cousins. Why on earth would she be Aunt Hope? Have the writers ever watched the show before they took over?

Hope is NOT Abby's aunt, Hope and Jennifer are first cousins and that makes Abby and Hope first cousins once removed. I have a relative that calls me aunt instead of cousin and it really annoys me, either call me "Jane" or "Cousin Jane" but not Aunt Jane.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/23 06:40PM
    #6   2013/10/23 06:51PM
    cam1207

Thank you Wagge...I couldn't agree more. My parents taught me to respect people too, and we called people Mr. Smith or Mrs. White - we were not taught to call anyone older than us aunt or uncle..doesn't this kind of dilute the real meaning of aunt and uncle??? Just don't agree with this at all, I take being my nieces and nephews uncle with a great deal of pride and would feel slighted if they called the neighbor uncle...sorry just my opinion. I really don't need people on these posts putting exclamation points in their posts directed at my post like my family didn't teach me respect. Lighten up, it's a soap opera. Hope is Abigail's cousin. I understand why people get fed up in here.

#7   2013/10/23 10:43PM
    2Wildroses

Jennifer is Bill Horton Daughter and Hope is Bill Horton sister Daughter. That makes them first cousin. I am still trying to figure out if JJ and Teresa are cousin. Bill Horton would be Hope uncle and Jennifer would be Addie Horton Williams niece, this would make Hope Abbi grand aunt.

#8   2013/10/24 06:42AM
    cam1207

Sorry Wildhorses, you are wrong on this. Addie Horton was married to Doug Williams - Julie was Addie's daughter - Addie and Doug had Hope, as a small baby - a car was going to hit her baby carriage and Addie jumped in front of the car and pushed Hope out of the way and Addie died from her injuries. Julie then - Hope's half sister - married Doug and they both raised Hope. Addie was Bill Horton's sister. This makes Julie and Hope Jennifer's cousin. It then would make any of Jennifer's children Hope or Julie's second cousins. Hope is only an Aunt to one person (other than by marriage) - that would be Julie's only child David Banning. Who by the way is actually older than Hope. She would be a great Aunt to David's children if he had any, which we don't know as he is long, long gone. And to go back to a previous post - this to me is unsettling as it is another instance of bad writing. Earlier posts from people said it is out of respect - sorry I still think it is sloppy writing and not knowing the history, as I guess I am one of the few that does, if it was out of respect - why does Abigail call everyone else older than her by their first name? She doesn't show this "respect" to anyone else so I still don't understand calling her second cousin Aunt.

#9   2013/10/24 06:44AM
    cam1207

Sorry Wildroses...I didn't mean horses, was watching CNN and a story about horses....it seems I can keep Days history totally in my head but reality slips by me quite easily....

#10   2013/10/24 07:40AM
    waggo50

The child of your first cousin is your first cousin once removed that would make Abby Hope's first cousin once removed.
    Abby and Hope's daughter Ciara are second cousins.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list