List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Something Is Wrong

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Something Is Wrong

Started by cam1207 at 2013/10/15 12:55PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/16 07:49PM, Views: 1192, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2013/10/15 12:55PM
    Something Is Wrong
    cam1207

I have watched Days since I was in junior high in the late 1960's off and on, mostly on. I couldn't wait for this week to see the shooting and aftermath at the engagement party....that said, something is terribly wrong with my favorite show.

The acting was flat - no one seemed invested in these scenes. In my opinion there was no or very little emotion. Sami seemed like she was on holiday from acting, Will and Sonny seemed flat - the whole things was off. Then the directing and editing was horrible - one second Will, Sonny, Roman and Hope are together - Will and Sonny left Roman and Hope to "investigate" yet they arrived at the hospital at the same time. EJ was with Sami, then the next second he is with Stefano...very disjointed and weird.

And the writing...why would Kristen get in Sami's face about calling her instead of getting in EJ's face, her own brother, about not calling her? It all stunk in my opinion. Sorry - what do you other posters think?

#2   2013/10/15 01:33PM
    Re: Something Is Wrong
    Days 1570

I thought he whole thing was good IMO but I did have one problem where was Marlena? She was at the club when Marge first fired the shots but she wasn't at the hospital at all with Sami,EJ and Kristen I would have thought she would have also told Sami that this is what she was worried about her getting involved with EJ again.She also would have gotten into Kristen's face about her confronting Sami.

#3   2013/10/15 02:48PM
    cam1207

I think the storyline had potential to be good, there are good elements - it is just the execution was terrible, in my opinion. Two other things that come to my mind...when Will was holding back Marge - my cat puts up more of a fight when she has to go to the vet - and Will had his arm around her waist more like they were about to square dance than fight off an assassin. Then today - so your best friend is in life threatening surgery and you (Sonny) come up with going back to the crime scene and make sandwiches??? This is terrible writing, worse acting - and ok, let's face it - the costume department putting Sonny in a bow tie that made him look like a total nerd???? I expect more.

#4   2013/10/15 06:53PM
    Days 1570

Quote cam1207: I think the storyline had potential to be good, there are good elements - it is just the execution was terrible, in my opinion. Two other things that come to my mind...when Will was holding back Marge - my cat puts up more of a fight when she has to go to the vet - and Will had his arm around her waist more like they were about to square dance than fight off an assassin. Then today - so your best friend is in life threatening surgery and you (Sonny) come up with going back to the crime scene and make sandwiches??? This is terrible writing, worse acting - and ok, let's face it - the costume department putting Sonny in a bow tie that made him look like a total nerd???? I expect more.

I will agree with you that it was kind of strange Marge didn't put up more of a fight then again it's possible that she planned to give easily after she killed EJ.I also think it was strange that Will and Sonny would go back to the club to make sandwiches and that the police would allow them in was strange too.

#5   2013/10/15 07:40PM
    zuzu61

Quote cam1207: I have watched Days since I was in junior high in the late 1960's off and on, mostly on. I couldn't wait for this week to see the shooting and aftermath at the engagement party....that said, something is terribly wrong with my favorite show.

The acting was flat - no one seemed invested in these scenes. In my opinion there was no or very little emotion. Sami seemed like she was on holiday from acting, Will and Sonny seemed flat - the whole things was off. Then the directing and editing was horrible - one second Will, Sonny, Roman and Hope are together - Will and Sonny left Roman and Hope to "investigate" yet they arrived at the hospital at the same time. EJ was with Sami, then the next second he is with Stefano...very disjointed and weird.

And the writing...why would Kristen get in Sami's face about calling her instead of getting in EJ's face, her own brother, about not calling her? It all stunk in my opinion. Sorry - what do you other posters think?

And.. Who was this man??? haha
    Stefano had a couple people (I suppose) holding him back.. Then, Stefano had his Left arm around some Dude's neck in a choke hold. He was all bent over with a FROZEN, Petrified look, holding his Champagne glass up in mid air..
    BUT!!! HE NEVER spilled one drop.. IMO, that scene was hilarious!
    It seemed the director had Sami posing with one hand on EJ's chest most of the time.
    Yes, Kristen getting all huffy about Sami NOT calling her FIRST.. Please!!
    Sami yelling in everyone's face.. Setting them straight on how they should be living their life.
    With her LAST line being SOO powerful, enlightening & Life changing.. it literally left that person Speechless!! HUH??

NOT blaming any actor.. I blame the writing and directing. They can only say what's written.. haha..

Please NO One get their feathers ruffled.. JMHO..
    The actors I've mentioned, I Love.

#6   2013/10/15 07:46PM
    zuzu61

Quote cam1207: I think the storyline had potential to be good, there are good elements - it is just the execution was terrible, in my opinion. Two other things that come to my mind...when Will was holding back Marge - my cat puts up more of a fight when she has to go to the vet - and Will had his arm around her waist more like they were about to square dance than fight off an assassin. Then today - so your best friend is in life threatening surgery and you (Sonny) come up with going back to the crime scene and make sandwiches??? This is terrible writing, worse acting - and ok, let's face it - the costume department putting Sonny in a bow tie that made him look like a total nerd???? I expect more.

LMAO @ your cat and Will & Marge square dancing.

#7   2013/10/16 12:40AM
    days78

The whole s/l had great potential and in IMO they missed it on every level.
    Many have posted comments I agree with but you all left out Cameron.
    EJ had to make a light bulb go off in Cameron's head that Chad didn't have a tumor, when just prior to the shooting he had it all figured out until EJ lied to him that Chad did have tumor.
    The minute EJ said the medication wasn't a worry Cameron should have known and the scene should have been written accordingly.
    It did feel like the actors were all phoning it in, but do blame them with this endless crappy writing they get handed day in and day out.
    And I love ED as Kristin, but enough of the side to side head movements and body language where she thinks she is a badass african american women or gay man saying, "Oh no u didnit" Kristin is a hot cougar and was not raised in the south side of Chicago, but she loves getting all ghetto when she's in someone's face. (which is basically everytime she is on screen)

#8   2013/10/16 11:03AM
    EpicFail

Kristen got in Sami's face because she was there when Jen got the call from Sami.

the guy holding back Stefano looked like he was drunk, not trying to hold Stef back.

the continuity was definitely off - but the performances were still great, especially EJ protecting Sami when Marge was holding the gun to his chest and he was telling her to shoot him.

Alison's acting is generally hit or miss - this is usually the stuff she excels at, but I agree, she was far less than spectacular.

#9   2013/10/16 07:49PM
    jemma

Glad I am not the only who thought the scene was really odd.
    Really bad editing, acting etc.
    All the hype for what?

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list