List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Parker

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Parker

Started by fan2soapz at 2013/10/09 12:10PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/12 10:09AM, Views: 946, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/10/09 12:10PM
    Parker
    fan2soapz

This little boy is just not cutting it for me. I wish they would recast him with a child that has more personality. He is cute as can be but all he can do is smile. I am not quite sure how old he supposed to be... But he looks at least 3 maybe 4 and my kids were reading and at least talking at that age

#2   2013/10/09 03:12PM
    Re: Parker
    mauimama

Quote fan2soapz: This little boy is just not cutting it for me. I wish they would recast him with a child that has more personality. He is cute as can be but all he can do is smile. I am not quite sure how old he supposed to be... But he looks at least 3 maybe 4 and my kids were reading and at least talking at that age

I do not intend to be cruel, but I thought from the very first time Parker appeared and ever since (all these months) that perhaps he is "challenged" or autism -- and if so, then I think that should've been written into the script and show the compassion and patience Chloe and Daniel have dealing with a child like that. I have to agree- I've seen many other child actors younger than Parker who chatter and laugh and "say their lines"-- I felt bad for Parker when he was echoing in a whisper whatever Dan was saying to him.... like that's the only way they can get him to talk... it's sad....

#3   2013/10/09 05:03PM
    miladytn

Parker is played by twins. One of them is real chatty and laughs a lot. The other twin is quieter and doesn't say anything. You can tell the difference by the way the chatty one always seems to be grabbing things or pointing things out in the sets. Maybe they use the quiet one more than the chatty one.

Back years ago when Shawn/Belle/Claire were still on the show, similar situation with Claire. You could tell which was the chatty one because she always had a cookie in her hand to keep her attention focused on her hands instead of the lights and cameras and talking all the time!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/09 05:06PM
    #4   2013/10/10 11:02AM
    mauimama

Quote miladytn: Parker is played by twins. One of them is real chatty and laughs a lot. The other twin is quieter and doesn't say anything. You can tell the difference by the way the chatty one always seems to be grabbing things or pointing things out in the sets. Maybe they use the quiet one more than the chatty one.

Back years ago when Shawn/Belle/Claire were still on the show, similar situation with Claire. You could tell which was the chatty one because she always had a cookie in her hand to keep her attention focused on her hands instead of the lights and cameras and talking all the time!

Well- neither twin is doing it for me -- you'd think with all the thousands of kids out there that probably audition for these parts all the time - the casting dept would come up with some better choices.... Ex: JOSS on GH-- all she did was suck on a stuffed toy --- that was lame

#5   2013/10/10 11:23AM
    fan2soapz

Yeah... They could do a story line with a speech therapist for Parker. I remember Joss sucking on that stuffed animal all the time also.

#6   2013/10/10 01:17PM
    mauimama

Quote fan2soapz: Yeah... They could do a story line with a speech therapist for Parker. I remember Joss sucking on that stuffed animal all the time also.

Sure they could -- they handled Theo's autism s/l very well. That little boy who plays Theo is wonderful in that part..you'd almost believe the little sweetheart did have autism...

#7   2013/10/10 06:46PM
    zuzu61

Quote mauimama:
    Quote miladytn: Parker is played by twins. One of them is real chatty and laughs a lot. The other twin is quieter and doesn't say anything. You can tell the difference by the way the chatty one always seems to be grabbing things or pointing things out in the sets. Maybe they use the quiet one more than the chatty one.

Well- neither twin is doing it for me -- you'd think with all the thousands of kids out there that probably audition for these parts all the time - the casting dept would come up with some better choices.... Ex: JOSS on GH-- all she did was suck on a stuffed toy --- that was lame

Thank You Thank You for this thread.. I mentioned last week in "Daily Updates" that he was getting on my last nerve.. I'm sorry to say this about a little kid, but IMO.. He is just NOT the Actor for this role. The way he always puts his hand over Daniel's mouth, etc.. And it seems they are pimping him almost as much as they're pimping Daniel.
    We have some cute, talented children on the show, but WHO do we see.. NOT the ones we enjoy.. that's for sure. JMO

#8   2013/10/10 06:50PM
    zuzu61

lolol.. eeewwww.. yuk!! I'm a germaphobe. haha.. That would have driven me nuts watching a child suck on a stuffed toy. haha
    (I'm not REALLY.. but still, that's nasty)

#9   2013/10/12 07:17AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote mauimama:

Thank You Thank You for this thread.. I mentioned last week in "Daily Updates" that he was getting on my last nerve.. I'm sorry to say this about a little kid, but IMO.. He is just NOT the Actor for this role. The way he always puts his hand over Daniel's mouth, etc.. And it seems they are pimping him almost as much as they're pimping Daniel.
    We have some cute, talented children on the show, but WHO do we see.. NOT the ones we enjoy.. that's for sure. JMO
    I need to try an catch up with the daily comments I missed you saying this zuzu. What do you think of ARI? last time she was seen -the appeal started fading there too.

#10   2013/10/12 10:09AM
    zuzu61

Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote zuzu61:
    Quote mauimama:

I need to try an catch up with the daily comments I missed you saying this zuzu. What do you think of ARI? last time she was seen -the appeal started fading there too.

LOL.. ITA.. OMG.. I feel the same way!! I'm sorry it's a baby and a little kid, but.. it is what it is!! JMHO.

amld,
    I'll try and find where I made that comment. haha
    Because I mentioned getting stoned..
    I think LGM said, "No stones from me". She mentioned how Parker may put his hand over Dr. Dan's mouth because he's doesn't want to hear about Jenn either.. hahah

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list