List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Jennifer Horton is one miserable woman...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jennifer Horton is one miserable woman...

Started by lulujaz at 2013/10/04 11:15AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/01 09:25PM, Views: 3541, Replies: 36
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/04 11:15AM
    Jennifer Horton is one miserable woman...
    lulujaz

I absolutely HATE this character. Ann was right when she said that Jennifer was never at work because she's always dealing with the crisis du jour. Yet she called Theresa out for never working. Pot meet Kettle. Guess you can get away with it when you're a Horton. But seriously I have never seen a more miserable woman, a perpetual scowl. She's always whining. She's a horrible parent. Her saintly daughter was scheming to trap a married man. Her son is on the fast track to ruin. I'm no Daniel fan but Jennifer jerks him around at her whim. when he tried to break up with her she chased him. She played him against Jack in a childish game of one upsman. She dumps him and picks him up when it suits her. Even her love scenes were miserable. In addition to her constant state of angst, Jennifer is not the brightest bulb. Stevie Wonder could see how JJ is totally playing her. Theresa played her pretty well too. What hospital executive lets a smart arse upstart like Theresa get in her face like she does? Writers, please give this woman a personality transplant or put her and we viewers out of our misery.

#2   2013/10/04 12:16PM
    Re: Jennifer Horton is one miserable woman...
    zuzu61

I think the writers consider MISERY, yelling, arguing, backstabbing, rape, kidnapping, murder, crying, moaning, dealing drugs.... etc.. the definition to "Entertainment".. NOT!!

#3   2013/10/04 12:44PM
    CdnMama

Quote lulujaz: I absolutely HATE this character. Ann was right when she said that Jennifer was never at work because she's always dealing with the crisis du jour. Yet she called Theresa out for never working. Pot meet Kettle. Guess you can get away with it when you're a Horton. But seriously I have never seen a more miserable woman, a perpetual scowl. She's always whining. She's a horrible parent. Her saintly daughter was scheming to trap a married man. Her son is on the fast track to ruin. I'm no Daniel fan but Jennifer jerks him around at her whim. when he tried to break up with her she chased him. She played him against Jack in a childish game of one upsman. She dumps him and picks him up when it suits her. Even her love scenes were miserable. In addition to her constant state of angst, Jennifer is not the brightest bulb. Stevie Wonder could see how JJ is totally playing her. Theresa played her pretty well too. What hospital executive lets a smart arse upstart like Theresa get in her face like she does? Writers, please give this woman a personality transplant or put her and we viewers out of our misery.

Since she's the star of the show, makes for kind of a miserable show doesn't it?

#4   2013/10/04 12:46PM
    flightygirl

It is only fair that Jennifer be miserable because watching her story line makes me miserable!

#5   2013/10/04 01:00PM
    CindyHaskins

I will never consider jennifer a star on days of our lives.

#6   2013/10/04 01:13PM
    stjarna

Jennifer was a star and a legacy character, that no longer shines- she is reduced to a shell that is unrecognizable.

She used to be really loved and now most don't want to see her on screen anymore. Sad!!!

#7   2013/10/04 01:17PM
    mauimama

Quote lulujaz: I absolutely HATE this character. Ann was right when she said that Jennifer was never at work because she's always dealing with the crisis du jour. Yet she called Theresa out for never working. Pot meet Kettle. Guess you can get away with it when you're a Horton. But seriously I have never seen a more miserable woman, a perpetual scowl. She's always whining. She's a horrible parent. Her saintly daughter was scheming to trap a married man. Her son is on the fast track to ruin. I'm no Daniel fan but Jennifer jerks him around at her whim. when he tried to break up with her she chased him. She played him against Jack in a childish game of one upsman. She dumps him and picks him up when it suits her. Even her love scenes were miserable. In addition to her constant state of angst, Jennifer is not the brightest bulb. Stevie Wonder could see how JJ is totally playing her. Theresa played her pretty well too. What hospital executive lets a smart arse upstart like Theresa get in her face like she does? Writers, please give this woman a personality transplant or put her and we viewers out of our misery.

You are 10000% right on all counts - I cannot stand that woman... from years ago and I dislike her more than ever- I hated her namby-pamby crap of always forgiving Jack (another character I detest)and for pitting Jack vs Dan- I hope Anne rips her apart. I cannot stand her "acting angst mannerisms"- the fingers to the forehead all the time and her whining--- I've had to FF thru her "love"? scenes with Dr Dan- they made me sick.. Another viewer said - she's so gooey eyed over Parker- when she should be concentrating on her son... I love that JJ is making her miserable and I hear that he gets worse!

#8   2013/10/07 06:37AM
    2Wildroses

The writers should find someone that Jennifer has chemistry with. I don't like seeing Jennifer and Daniel making out either. P.S. they should have kept Jack

#9   2013/10/07 10:47PM
    TrulymadlyRose

lulujaz and mauimama

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!

What I don't understand is how the powers that be, writers and producers, fail to take note of the majority of the fans. Surely they have 'creepers' checking out boards, facebook and other social media to get a feel of what the viewing public like and dislike. If they don't, they are way behind the times.

Jennifer, and the 'Dannifer' disaster is so very unpopular that long term, it will be detrimental to the show. If I had one dollar for the number of times, I have seen/read that people FF all of Jennifer's and Dannifer's scenes, I would be a millionaire

Dr Dan is also totally unbearable as part of Dannifer but as a stand alone character he is at least a bit more interesting and watchable unlike Jennifer who is the epitomy of misery in every way.

Anne, Theresa and JJ are the villains and also seam disliked by the fans but at least they have insight into Jen's character. I hope they give her heaps!

#10   2013/10/09 01:55PM
    TrulymadlyRose

I'm afraid Jennifer's actions or lack thereof at the police station and her 'dumb' facial expressions just re-enforced that this character is unsalvageable. As JJ's mother, she should have stopped the circus and taken control.

Oh, and that gray/blue outfit .... Alice, your grandmother wore it 50 years ago but it looked better on her!!!!!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list