List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: How does DOOL stay on the air?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How does DOOL stay on the air?

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/28 01:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/04 11:07AM, Views: 2147, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/09/30 08:32AM
    Re: How does DOOL stay on the air?
    daysforever

Why are those who really denigrate DAYS so obsessed with the fact that it is still on the air and endlessly wish for its demise? Why the countdown, the death watch, the beating of drums for NBC to take it off the air??? Two years ago, when I endured what I thought were bad story lines from the the last crew of writers, I didn't wish to destroy the livelihoods of perhaps more than a hundred people, nor remove from television a show that I had enjoyed for 35 years. Times change, as do writers, and actors—and viewers. If you feel that DAYS is so awful, please feel free to tune it out, and turn on a dreary talk show, or go to a movie, or read a good book. But please re-read and respect the comments and sentiments of those who would miss this show. Let those of us who love it have our soap.

#12   2013/09/30 08:46AM
    CindyHaskins

Thank you so much for say that and i feel the same way has you do.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/30 08:47AM
    #13   2013/10/01 05:26AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote daysforever: Why are those who really denigrate DAYS so obsessed with the fact that it is still on the air and endlessly wish for its demise? Why the countdown, the death watch, the beating of drums for NBC to take it off the air??? Two years ago, when I endured what I thought were bad story lines from the the last crew of writers, I didn't wish to destroy the livelihoods of perhaps more than a hundred people, nor remove from television a show that I had enjoyed for 35 years. Times change, as do writers, and actors—and viewers. If you feel that DAYS is so awful, please feel free to tune it out, and turn on a dreary talk show, or go to a movie, or read a good book. But please re-read and respect the comments and sentiments of those who would miss this show. Let those of us who love it have our soap.

Can't speak for everyone who denigrates the show but I can assure you I'm NOT "obcessed" with it still being on the air or endlessly waiting for it's demise - I really don't CARE what happens to DAYS because I don't watch anymore - ever!! Quit purchasing/reading the mags, too! I ONLY read the message boards and that's solely because my fave female, Kristian Alphonso, is still in the cast (very occasionally onscreen, however, & her material is worthless - no respect whatsoever)!! That's MY reason & it definitely was my choice to not tune back in. However, it's fact that there're a whole lot more like me who've tuned out than ones who've remained and is why DAYS barely has a pulse. THAT is the fault of the recent writing teams & choices of TPTB! So, it's not about "wanting" anything to happen to the show - quite the contrary - I was a longterm viewer who wrote, wrote, wrote, & tried every way I knew how to get them to listen & bring the show back. Didn't happen - the same lame choices were made & the show stays stuck on the bottom of the ratings. For those still watching it's good you're enjoying & there's no battle there, but the blame is not on the viewer who HAS chosen to switch channels or simply not watch anything during this hour! I miss the show I loved for decades but this product doesn't pale to that or the foundation of it & it easily could have - could've kept the established audience as well as newcomers with better writing decisions!

#14   2013/10/01 09:55AM
    CindyHaskins

I wanted to say that kristian alfonso is about to have a big storyline and alot of airtime.also let correct you it is kristian alfonso and not kristian alphonso.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/01 09:59AM
    #15   2013/10/01 11:27AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote CindyHaskins: I wanted to say that kristian alfonso is about to have a big storyline and alot of airtime.also let correct you it is kristian alfonso and not kristian alphonso.

Thx so much for correcting me on my spelling! However, I've been reading where Kristian was "about to have a big storyline" for a LONG time - a year or more, but it just never happens. Have they EVER dealt with Bo's whereabouts? She CAN'T have a "big" storyline (and it be believable/acceptable) until THAT little detail is explained & handled ONSCREEN! If she's really going to get "a lot of airtime" guess they must be going to finally deal with it so Hope & their fans can move on! OR, she's still going to be playing a prop to other characters shown more regularly (YAWN!!). Anyway, I'll keep reading to see if, when, & how that's done & whether it's worthy of her & her fabulous character - Kristian indeed deserves SO MUCH better than the occasional crumbs & sightings she's been given for so many years now with meaningless dialogue!

#16   2013/10/01 11:39AM
    CindyHaskins

I for one believe that kristian alfonso will get a good storyline and alot of airtime.but one thing is for sure she is not going to be used has props in other character storyline.

#17   2013/10/01 02:03PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote CindyHaskins: I for one believe that kristian alfonso will get a good storyline and alot of airtime.but one thing is for sure she is not going to be used has props in other character storyline.

That "sounds" good although, again, that's been said a LOT in the last several years & never happened. I'll keep reading to keep up but will believe it when I read it! Keep posting - like I said, she definitely deserves better than the occasional propping she's been used/abused for in recent decades!

#18   2013/10/01 03:02PM
    CindyHaskins

I wanted to say that kristian alfonso does deserve better she need to finally get a new love interest and all i want .

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/01 03:07PM
    #19   2013/10/01 04:12PM
    geenzi

I have to say I have been watching General Hospital for the last 3 weeks and cannot believe how fast the story lines move. I have been tuning into days less because of the dragging stories. I don't know how much longer I can see Eric and his dreams or Kristen and her flash drive. But the icing on the cake is the never ending story of Dan and Jen. For the love of god move these stories along and put an end to the Jen & Dansaster.

#20   2013/10/01 05:37PM
    CdnMama

Quote daysforever: Why are people so bent on writing an obituary for DAYS, and offering countdowns as to how long it will be on air? what kinds of programming are they missing as the result of the DAYS broadcast? I mean, is DAYS keeping anyone from switching to stations that serve up the usual late-morning-afternoon fare: One talk show after another that features a minor celebrity host, an audience that claps estatically as other celebrities promote their new movie, book, album, latest style, diet, gossip. Blah, Blah, Blah. How original! A soap opera has to create and broadcast several story lines every day. They may not all be winners, but having a program that follows the lives of people in story form 261 days a year comes from our oldest form of entertainment, going back to ancient times. The soap opera is part of our culture, and we are losing it.

ITA!!! I can't believe how many soaps have been cancelled for the crap you just described: awful talk shows. Haven't we gotten enough talk shows? I really really hope that Days and Y&R are never cancelled. I hope all remaining soaps stay on the air. They never should have cancelled OLTL and ATWT and put on crappy talk shows like you described above. It's all the same crap, celebrity gossip being treated like important news updates! OMG GMAFB. The Talk is awful I can't watch it. The only good talk show is Dr Oz because he is informative about health. We've oversaturated the market on talk shows and we lost soaps. Soaps have writers, storylines, actors, soaps are waaaaay more valuable than the talk shows being offered on tv today.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list