List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: BO AND HOPE...THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

BO AND HOPE...THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

Started by majorbopefan at 2013/09/24 06:23PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/04 09:01PM, Views: 1018, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/09/24 06:23PM
    BO AND HOPE...THE GOOD OLD DAYS!
    majorbopefan

I have really been missing Bo and Hope lately. I can honestly say that I have not watched a full episode of this show since Peter Reckell left. Although there are many good actors and s/l on the show it is simply not the same for me without my two favorites. To fill my BOPE void I have been watching clips on you tube. I have been watching the Oak Alley clips and also the cruise of deception, mixed in with a few more current clips here and there. These actors in their younger days had SUCH CRAZY CHEMISTRY. They are so cute to watch and I find myself enjoying these clips now more than I did when they were actually aired! There isn't much to respond to my post, I just wanted to vent my sadness and how much I miss these guys on screen; they were a truly amazing supercouple and I don't know if I will ever get over that their love affair is off the air.

#2   2013/09/24 06:45PM
    Re: BO AND HOPE...THE GOOD OLD DAYS!
    CindyHaskins

I for one am glad that bo is off of days of our lives.and it will give hope a chance to finally be with guy that will love and care and respect and put her first all the things bo never did.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/24 06:47PM
    #3   2013/09/24 06:56PM
    zuzu61

majorbopefan..
    I totally understand your feelings. After Bo left, I stopped watching completely for about 5 months.
    They should be the Tom and Alice Horton of today.
    But they did EVERYTHING possible to make sure that didn't happen.
    WHY they didn't/wouldn't see their potential for Days, I'll never know.
    They seem to detest a happily ever after couple..
    I personally could handle a little GOOD thrown in.
    Instead of EVIL, raping, lying, Murder, dealing drugs, etc.

BO and HOPE was the absolute most GORGEOUS COUPLE Ever.
    I always think about the ride off on the motorcycle.
    Hope w/her wedding dress. haha Whew!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/24 07:06PM
    #4   2013/09/24 07:41PM
    CindyHaskins

The only thing i am going to remember from bo and hope.is when bo cheated on hope with carly.he didn't care care how his action were hurting ciara.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/24 07:42PM
    #5   2013/09/25 11:45AM
    majorbopefan

Quote CindyHaskins: The only thing i am going to remember from bo and hope.is when bo cheated on hope with carly.he didn't care care how his action were hurting ciara.
    "cindy" I do understand your feelings and your posts on the "bad" end of the their story. However, I simply was writing my post to express how I adored this couple and really missed them on air. As well as how much I still continue to enjoy them on you tube. I was trying to reach out to other BOPE fans they may be feeling the same way. Im sorry that you did not enjoy Bo and his character as much as I did. Just my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours. For me it will always be Bo and Hope. (Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso only!!)

#6   2013/09/25 03:27PM
    zuzu61

Quote zuzu61: majorbopefan..
    I totally understand your feelings. After Bo left, I stopped watching completely for about 5 months.
    They should be the Tom and Alice Horton of today.
    But they did EVERYTHING possible to make sure that didn't happen.
    WHY they didn't/wouldn't see their potential for Days, I'll never know.
    They seem to detest a happily ever after couple..
    I personally could handle a little GOOD thrown in.
    Instead of EVIL, raping, lying, Murder, dealing drugs, etc.

BO and HOPE was the absolute most GORGEOUS COUPLE Ever.
    I always think about the ride off on the motorcycle.
    Hope w/her wedding dress. haha Whew!!

When I Say, they did everything possible to make sure Bo and Hope didn't become the next Tom and Alice, I was r/t the writers/TPTB, etc.. NOT Bo and Hope.

They were the most beautiful and perfect couple ever.
    The writers should have NEVER written them having affairs, or Hope becoming Gina, etc..
    The writers had a gold mine and totally ruined it.
    They'll never have another Bo and Hope.
    I miss them terribly. I miss them as a happy, loving couple.

Bo, Hope, or ANY of the Actors can only do what the writer's give them.

#7   2013/09/25 05:12PM
    CindyHaskins

I am going to say that bo and hope were never a loving and happy couple.let me remind all bo put his exes like billie and carly over his marriage to hope.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/25 05:13PM
    #8   2013/10/03 06:24PM
    zuzu61

OH MY Dear Lord.. How I wish We Had the Good Old Days back with the Good Ole Writers OUT and some Good NEW Writers IN!

#9   2013/10/04 12:56PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote majorbopefan:
    Quote CindyHaskins: The only thing i am going to remember from bo and hope.is when bo cheated on hope with carly.he didn't care care how his action were hurting ciara.
    "cindy" I do understand your feelings and your posts on the "bad" end of the their story. However, I simply was writing my post to express how I adored this couple and really missed them on air. As well as how much I still continue to enjoy them on you tube. I was trying to reach out to other BOPE fans they may be feeling the same way. Im sorry that you did not enjoy Bo and his character as much as I did. Just my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours. For me it will always be Bo and Hope. (Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso only!!)

I feel exactly as you do! NOBODY detested Bo's other "loves" & those sl's more than I did but it was simply poor writing from what Sheri Anderson had created in Bope. THAT'S when all the legions of fans fell in love with them and THAT'S the Bope that remained the heart & soul of the show for so very long (and kept it the highest in the ratings!! Other writing teams tried to mess that up (especially the latest Carly devastation when the show hit rock bottom for the first time ever)! What happened when they FINALLY put Bope back together after they nearly destroyed them permanently while trying to force Carly was they slammed them back so quickly it wasn't believable. First, Bo was taken totally OOC by having that nasty affair KNOWING Hope wanted to be with him - the REAL Bo would've NEVER done that - maybe made enough or fooled enough to "almost" but he'd have NEVER clearly chosen the other as he did. Remember, the way it was written also was HE didn't choose not to go back with Carly - SHE ended it, he cried telling her he "loved" her & all that garbage - & he quickly went back to Hope. Taking HOPE totally OOC of character she accepted him much to quickly, so their whole situation was NOT them. The new team never fully repaired them & put any effort the rebuilding them - they just "were" together with Bo never saying & emotionally expressing the "real" Bo's feelings to Hope or why/how he could've done what he did. Writing failure again as Bope became only backburnered props for other characters with Peter finally leaving because of anemic sl/airtime. So, here were are missing what they COULD'VE done for them & their many fans because Peter & Kristian were anything BUT ready for that pasture they kicked them to. They're STILL full of energy, hot, and extremely popular - horrible waste of the worst sort and, yes, I do miss them and love having YouTube - seems like new sometimes because there's always something that was missed. Watching that is SO MUCH better than today's product - no cmparison!!

#10   2013/10/04 09:01PM
    daysofold

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you Cindy. Obviously you didnt watched the show when Bo and Hope came onto the scene in 1983, or otherwise you would see things differently. I for one, tuned into Days when i was in college and watched Bo and Hope transform into the super couple that they are today. The pathetic writers have managed to destroy the love Bo and Hope shared which made them the iconic couple they SHOULD BE ON DAYS TODAY. It's the crapy writers who have chosen to write subpar for this iconic couple. JMO

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list