List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Jack spoiler.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jack spoiler.

Started by Shirleta at 2013/09/23 12:41PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/05 05:47AM, Views: 2285, Replies: 17
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/23 12:41PM
    A Smuge on Jack's Memory.....No, Writers!!!
    Shirleta

I read that JJ will learn that his father, Jack, raped someone. We all loved the character of Jack. That the writers use the ploy of "rape" to show JJ that his father wasn't perfect is just stupid writing. Your comments, group?

Edited to change title to spoiler. Please do not post spoilers in a thread without ensuring you have a proper title. As per guidelines.

ADMIN

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/02 08:59AM
    #2   2013/09/23 12:55PM
    Re: A Smuge on Jack's Memory.....No, Writers!!!
    CindyHaskins

Jack jr should learn the truth about how his father raped kayla.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/23 12:56PM
    #3   2013/09/23 01:36PM
    days78

Soaps usually so easily re-write characters history to fit current s/l - In this case they are actually using real character history which I applaud. Be interesting to see what they do with it to forward the s/l

#4   2013/09/23 06:55PM
    Undeniable T...

I'm for it, as it did actually happen in the soap. If this were a rewrite I'd be pissed, but Jack is the only person who smudged his memory here.

#5   2013/09/23 09:55PM
    mille

Two thumbs up to Days for actually using factual history, of a character. weather it being good or bad.

#6   2013/09/24 12:38AM
    BB28

I would have no problem with DOOL using this piece of history if Jack (Matt Ashford) were on canvas to do this material some justice.

Casey Moss/JJ & Matt Ashford/Jack would be amazing to watch together if given the right material with this subject.

I was watching back in the day when Jack's redemption story was done and it was THE BEST EVER redemption story I had seen up to that point in Daytime history IMO. Fabulous acting & writing.

All the actors involved in that story were at the top of their game. Emmy worthy material that should have been recognized all those years ago.

Of course DOOL back then didn't have "hack's" at the wheel like they do now so expectations were much, much higher then.

All this is going to be now is just one more way for the current regime to diminish Jack even further (if that's even possible at this point ) so they can get JJ on that Dan/JennJenn propping love train that ever damn character on this show has been on for months and months now.

That's the only thing this is about.

Just another "hack job" being done on a character TPTB hate just to further their OWN agenda.

#7   2013/09/24 01:38AM
    stjarna

It's one thing that part of the history of character is brought or picked out for a good s/l, but this is now done in order to make Jack an a bad guy... to blacken his character completely, and it is awful. Really awful.

It's a one way street! JJ is shown as the punk, and his father also, and that already started with Abby telling that Jack abandoned them and dumping it on JJ.

Writers really hacked Jack! Terrile!

#8   2013/09/26 07:12PM
    Undeniable T...

Quote stjarna: It's one thing that part of the history of character is brought or picked out for a good s/l, but this is now done in order to make Jack an a bad guy... to blacken his character completely, and it is awful. Really awful.

It's a one way street! JJ is shown as the punk, and his father also, and that already started with Abby telling that Jack abandoned them and dumping it on JJ.

You know, I keep thinking back to how Jack had zero personal accountability, blamed Kayla for the rape, etc. back then. Much like JJ acts now. In that regard, he is his father's son. His father changed, and I hope that's the point of it all.

I always liked Jack's character (as played by Ashford) with the exception of this last go around....which was just poor writing. I also loved the redemption storyline and most of the actors involved. To me, it will always be a smudge that he raped Kayla, because that is simply something that leaves a mark on a woman forever. In my opinion though, the story should be an example to JJ and encouragement to man up, get over himself, and make some changes.

I do understand the fear that it's just a prop to Daniel and Jennifer. I can't take another second of those two myself.

#9   2013/09/26 08:03PM
    Undeniable T...

I had to go back and watch the old youtube after reading this.

I can't seem to get the links to copy correctly here. For the second part of the rape story, you have to sign in.

I see a lot of JJ in his father there.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/26 08:05PM
    #10   2013/09/26 08:07PM
    switzerland

Quote stjarna: It's one thing that part of the history of character is brought or picked out for a good s/l, but this is now done in order to make Jack an a bad guy... to blacken his character completely, and it is awful. Really awful.

I have to disagree being someone who loved the character of Jack. Jack went through some very dark days he spun out of control and he raped Kayla. But he got his life together turned things around and it shows JJ that he can do the same thing too. Right now he thinks his dad walked on water and he's destroying a car, selling drugs scoring cocaine breaking and entering. He needs to be straightened out so I'm all for the s/l!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list