List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Days moving time conflict with Y&R

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Days moving time conflict with Y&R

Started by kitty_0830 at 2013/09/23 11:17AM
    Latest post: 2013/09/29 01:09PM, Views: 1567, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/23 11:17AM
    Days moving time conflict with Y&R
    kitty_0830

Starting next week, Days moves here from 1 to 11am. About the same time Y&R is on. I really hate this. Thank god for DVR.😒

#2   2013/09/23 11:34AM
    Re: Days moving time conflict with Y&R
    wwwwww

Quote kitty_0830: Starting next week, Days moves here from 1 to 11am. About the same time Y&R is on. I really hate this. Thank god for DVR.😒

I don't think NBC really wants to keep Days on the air but has to till 2014. I think they are about ready to cancel it.

#3   2013/09/23 11:58AM
    CindyHaskins

Days of our lives has a lot of good thing happen for the show like a new book and a book tour.and that is why i don't see nbc cancelled the show.

#4   2013/09/23 12:59PM
    Euskadi

I hear ya Kitty.

#5   2013/09/23 02:03PM
    HOT PINK

Days as always been on at 1 pm (EDT/EST) in my area. So, I record both Days and YR and watch them later in the afternoon.

#6   2013/09/23 07:30PM
    Kelby

Quote wwwwww:
    Quote kitty_0830: Starting next week, Days moves here from 1 to 11am. About the same time Y&R is on. I really hate this. Thank god for DVR.😒

I don't think NBC really wants to keep Days on the air but has to till 2014. I think they are about ready to cancel it.

They should not keep it. It is awful! A show that has been bad/hit/miss for twenty years, needs to go. Sorry! They have been given more chances than they deserved. They will be da.n lucky if they make it through 2014. The network has to be conflicted in some way. Surely, they want to get rid of it. It is expensive to produce and their is no life in it anymore. Not in its current form. Something has to give. Maybe I am wrong. I am not wrong about the show being horrible though.

#7   2013/09/23 07:43PM
    CindyHaskins

Let me say this again nbc is happy with days of our lives the are not going to get rid of the show.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/23 07:52PM
    #8   2013/09/23 10:22PM
    mille

Quote Kelby:
    Quote wwwwww:

They should not keep it. It is awful! A show that has been bad/hit/miss for twenty years, needs to go. Sorry! They have been given more chances than they deserved. They will be da.n lucky if they make it through 2014. The network has to be conflicted in some way. Surely, they want to get rid of it. It is expensive to produce and their is no life in it anymore. Not in its current form. Something has to give. Maybe I am wrong. I am not wrong about the show being horrible though.

Days has lost a lot of loyal fans, and the rating are down, and yes they are losing money producing this show, they've done a lot of cutback, which is sad you can really tell by the sets Day's have now. I think this book tour of healthy living is good, but it's also a last hurrah imo, to get new fans and win back the old ones.

#9   2013/09/24 03:58AM
    fadingrose

Possible time conflicts are exactly why I pay extra for DVR capability (and also for On Demand access, though my server does not include Soaps in that feature.)

#10   2013/09/24 11:39PM
    BB28

Quote CindyHaskins: Let me say this again nbc is happy with days of our lives the are not going to get rid of the show.

Sony/NBC has the option to get rid of DOOL ANY time they want. TPTB throw out that "happy" line every time things start to go downhill with the show.

Typical BS from the company per usual.

If they are so "happy" with dead LAST in the ratings every week then it certainly doesn't speak well of the current management.

Advertisers won't sit still forever waiting on DOOL to show they can move their ratings. They have bills to pay.

As soon as NBC/Sony has a more viable option that is much cheaper to produce than DOOL then NBC/Sony will pull the show so fast it will make fans heads spin.

And IMO that is not far off at all.

The affiliates around the US shifting times for the soap usually signals the first beginnings of the end.

It happened with Santa Barbara, Another World, Passions, etc.

And where are they now???? OFF THE AIR.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list