List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Give Hope a life

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Give Hope a life

Started by flightygirl at 2013/09/18 08:28AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/05 05:37AM, Views: 580, Replies: 13
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/10/04 09:10PM
    Re: Give Hope a life
    daysofold

Really, that's what you want? Your posts say otherwise. Shari Anderson was responsible for the pairing of Bo and Hope in 1983.. No one wants her to come back to Days more than I, but if she were to come back, I believe Bo and Hope would be the next Tom and Alice.

#12   2013/10/04 09:14PM
    daysofold

Quote CindyHaskins: Days of our lives need to bring back sheri anderson as headwriter she will write good storyline for the vets of the show like hope and kayla and maggie and victor and stefano and justin and adrienne.then bring back jack and bo and john and steve this are days of our lives real leading men.

You're not making sense here. Either you want Bo and Hope to be together or you don't.

#13   2013/10/05 04:53AM
    fadingrose

Though I miss the characters and story lines that made DAYS the once very high rated soap that it was for years, I try to be realistic. Some of those "historical" characters already mentioned are no longer the energetic, exciting people we are missing. They are (dare I say it?) OLD--or at least too up in years to fit the s/l's they once fulfilled so well. Old-time viewers like me (watching off and on for over 40 years) may want to banish some of those teenage and 20- and 30-something characters we see today on Days and be replaced by our long-ago favorites, but I doubt that more recent viewers would be that interested with the adventures of the people we once loved. Youth must be served (or so "they" say)!

#14   2013/10/05 05:37AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote fadingrose: Though I miss the characters and story lines that made DAYS the once very high rated soap that it was for years, I try to be realistic. Some of those "historical" characters already mentioned are no longer the energetic, exciting people we are missing. They are (dare I say it?) OLD--or at least too up in years to fit the s/l's they once fulfilled so well. Old-time viewers like me (watching off and on for over 40 years) may want to banish some of those teenage and 20- and 30-something characters we see today on Days and be replaced by our long-ago favorites, but I doubt that more recent viewers would be that interested with the adventures of the people we once loved. Youth must be served (or so "they" say)!

Of course, the established characters that were SO popular who built the show to it's highest ratings & KEPT it high are "older" - that's true of ALL characters as years go by. What DAYS did wrong with all the writing changes is totally ignore the past history & the available established characters & TOTALLY replace them with the younger. That is NOT good as has been proven. Y&R, for example, KEEPS their popular vets front & center while developing newbies into the show's already-set foundation while introducing younger situations staying true to the show's history. That's how it SHOULD be done! My faves, Bo & Hope, were anything BUT old "looking or acting" - still extremely energetic & hot - but recent writers chose to push them back & out KNOWING they still had LOTS in their tanks with a huge fan following (MANY left the audience - some have chosen to stay)! Anyway, the point is, writers should try to blend & please fans of ALL the popular characters - let us watch faves grow old together - and still have the new ones develop with them. These writers have tried to neglect/rewrite DAYS' history, push back most of the strong vets featuring ONLY THEIR faves, and create an entire new/different show. Hasn't worked and it's WAY past time to stop their arrogance & stubbornness and attempt to bring back recognition of a once VERY strong show with character/couples the great majority loved and write/produce the show for ALL the audience to enjoy!! That certainly doesn't mean they shouldn't feature the young - they must to bring in new audience & appeal to a younger crowd - but they definitely should keep featuring the established ones as well & appeal to the long-term viewer - feature BOTH!! NO excuse for how they've handled this because they've basically ruined a once fantastic, well-rounded show!! Why run off more than half the audience when they could've so easily pleased the majority by sharing the center stage!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/05 05:44AM
    « 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list