List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Is Days heading out the door?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Days heading out the door?

Started by Kelby at 2013/09/05 05:51PM
    Latest post: 2013/09/10 07:20AM, Views: 3095, Replies: 32
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/09/05 05:51PM
    Is Days heading out the door?
    Kelby

Affiliates moving the show around or putting it on another network. Oh no. I see this show heading out.

#2   2013/09/05 07:03PM
    Re: Is Days heading out the door?
    mille

Days might be heading towards the door, it would not surprise me one bit.

#3   2013/09/05 07:08PM
    Kelby

This show has not been good in twenty years. It is amazing how it has stayed this long. The power of the soaps. Or maybe the networks are just too lazy to come up with anything better than to let a show suffer that long. Cruel and unusual. It is like watching a vegetable on life support. Pull the plug already. If you can not get it right after twenty years, you are obviously not going to get it right.

#4   2013/09/05 07:54PM
    CindyHaskins

I am going to say that nbc is not about to pull the plug days of our lives and not when there contract run though September 2014.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/05 07:56PM
    #5   2013/09/05 08:53PM
    Trojangal

Quote Kelby: Affiliates moving the show around or putting it on another network. Oh no. I see this show heading out.

In some markets Days on NBC has been moved to noon from one. Not sure if that move is good or bad. I know G H moved from 2 to 1 where I live & is on opposite Days now.

#6   2013/09/05 09:34PM
    mille

Lol, contracts can be broken! Imo, that may be why their moving Days. Also why many of the younger actors are jumping ship, lol maybe they know this show is sinking!

#7   2013/09/05 11:43PM
    wwwwww

Yeah I say it gets cancelled to. Truth is soaps don't really draw no more. There's only 4 left and Days is in last place in the ratings so there's a good chance it is the next soap to go off unless the soap cannel picks it up or TV Guide. I can't see a big station like CBS or ABC picking it up. I also heard that if Alison Sweeney's show The Biggest Loser ratings don't improve this season it could also get cancelled but that's just a rumor.

#8   2013/09/06 05:00AM
    fadingrose

It wouldn't surprise me at all if DAYS was cancelled, even before the contract was up for renewal next year. I'm sure the low ratings are partly due to the fact that the writers are juggling too many plot lines, moving them along too slowly to ever reach closure with any of them. It doesn't help that there is such a long gap between taping and viewing. A result would be that even when fans continually express dissatisfaction with a plot line or a character, it would be months before the writers can respond by making a "correction." Seems like the Emmy as Best Soap hasn't helped the ratings at all.

#9   2013/09/06 05:06AM
    HouseTops

YADA, YADA, YADA.....

#10   2013/09/06 06:51AM
    stjarna

they should give the fans what they really want- romance, suspense, clever plots- not dragging a storyline forever, have pairing that have real chemistry- involve vets more- and Days will not head out of the door!
    Oh, and they should seriously consider not taping that far ahead!!!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list