List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Vocation, calling or guilt, why did Eric become

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Vocation, calling or guilt, why did Eric become

Started by allmylovingdays at 2013/08/28 06:53AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 06:13AM, Views: 2029, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/08/29 06:21AM
    Re: Vocation, calling or guilt, why did Eric become
    HouseTops

I'm going out on a limb here.....man or woman.....are human beings first and foremost....and it is inhumane, IMO, to expect them to dedicate their lives to any kind of vocation, calling, that would not allow them to have any kind of relationship with another human being, ie, sex.

Eric was brought to Salem because he had to touch base with his family and friends in order to heal from the horrendous conditions, killings, he had witnessed where the priest was killed. He is hiding and healing, what better place than the priesthood to do that? Of course Nicole is going to help him with that, eventually. His thoughts are slowly coming out and we will know the full story soon. Eric is Sami's twin and Marlena's son and we already know his background. The only soapy story about a priest is that some woman will come along, or in Eric's case, he came after Nicole to help him in the only possible way she can and the only way he wants....sex!! Very human of him!!

Guilt absolutely, vocation, calling, I don't think so.

No man is an island. History has proved that.

#12   2013/08/29 08:25AM
    allmylovingdays

Housetops I think that so many people think that it is in humane and then too why can't a woman be a priest.

I wanted confirmation about this character and his reasonings.

#13   2013/08/29 09:20AM
    HouseTops

Quote allmylovingdays: Housetops I think that so many people think that it is in humane and then too why can't a woman be a priest.

According to Pope Francis, true believers in Catholicism only believe that man can be a priest and be celibate and do "the work". If you are not a true believer, you are another religion. His words.....

I wanted confirmation about this character and his reasonings.

Did I rave on??

I think that Eric needed a safe house.

#14   2013/08/29 05:36PM
    allmylovingdays

I know I am a grocery cart Catholic. If I did everything they expected out of me and that includes me not believing in the 'infallibleness' of the pope. We have learned throughout history how that is so so wrong. As you stated before they are just men.

#15   2013/08/29 05:38PM
    allmylovingdays

How did you like Father Matt he agrees they are still men. Sex dreams to him are affirmations that life goes on.

#16   2013/08/30 05:36AM
    annabannana

Quote allmylovingdays: How did you like Father Matt he agrees they are still men. Sex dreams to him are affirmations that life goes on.

Weird

#17   2013/08/30 08:22PM
    Euskadi

Although I'm Catholic as I stated in a prior post, I'm of the belief that the Pope should allow married men to become priests. Afterall, they have to counsel couples who are planning to marry and who better to counsel than a married priest. In the Eastern Rite of the Catholic Church priests are allowed to be married but I think it's before they enter the priesthood. Also Orthodox priests are allowed to be married.

#18   2013/08/31 06:36AM
    fadingrose

Quote Euskadi: Although I'm Catholic as I stated in a prior post, I'm of the belief that the Pope should allow married men to become priests. Afterall, they have to counsel couples who are planning to marry and who better to counsel than a married priest. In the Eastern Rite of the Catholic Church priests are allowed to be married but I think it's before they enter the priesthood. Also Orthodox priests are allowed to be married.

Sorry, whatever an individual's belief system may be, I do not think that a Soaps Message Board is the place to criticize a denomination's theology or "guess" about the basis for someone's beliefs or the strength of his or her convictions. But anyone has the "right" to do so, I guess.

#19   2013/09/01 09:14AM
    allmylovingdays

I didn't take any offense on the issue regarding faith and how devote or not one is-when I was growing up a lot of my friends went to Catholic school but hardly any of them were Catholics. They always questioned us too about why we would be catholics when their churches told them to do something they followed it but catholics are way too laxed on what they take from the church. I love the traditions of mass. I love the songs we sing and have sung for years along with the prayers and rituals. I love the teachings I was taught in catechism. My nieces and nephews all went to Catholic schools too and now when my sister talks about my one nephews friends who grew up devote and I mean devote Catholics I am sadden because they are atheist or an agnostic. A close friend at work too her daughter is the same age as my nephew and when we talk she mentions how her daughter is a lot like my nephews friends.

I sometimes think of the amish and how they give the kids a time to choose to stay or get away from the group. And I hope that later in life when they are done rebelling they will come back.

I know my nieces are very much raising their children as catholics not sending them to Catholic private schools cause now they are just ridiculous in tution but they go to church weekly, have the kids go to catechism classes and my niece just this past May, just completed her first holy communion. It was a lovely ceremony.

I rambled here a bit but I wanted Euskadi to know that she wasn't alone in being a Catholic here and that we as a group seem to think that priest should be able to be married if they choose to or not.

Now Eric was the subject matter and then Father Matts cavelier way of shoo shoooing Erics dreams. I guess we might see the full story coming out soon of why he decided to be a priest.

I still wish that Kristen hadn't gone after Eric this way but instead had seduced him and ended up preggers, instead of the this Bristen stuff. It might have been a harder sell since he mistrust her but at times he see's her like Brady does and yet when momma trash talks her -he hesitates to totally join in now - which sucks cause in the end he will be so bitter and so angry as he should be but again he is doing his job. The bishop said he had to work with Kristen so I find it hard when Niki or MarMar get on him for doing his job. They want him in Salem but on their terms.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/01 09:16AM
    #20   2013/09/01 11:43AM
    dazgonby

Quote allmylovingdays: I didn't take any offense on the issue regarding faith and how devote or not one is-when I was growing up a lot of my friends went to Catholic school but hardly any of them were Catholics. They always questioned us too about why we would be catholics when their churches told them to do something they followed it but catholics are way too laxed on what they take from the church. I love the traditions of mass. I love the songs we sing and have sung for years along with the prayers and rituals. I love the teachings I was taught in catechism. My nieces and nephews all went to Catholic schools too and now when my sister talks about my one nephews friends who grew up devote and I mean devote Catholics I am sadden because they are atheist or an agnostic. A close friend at work too her daughter is the same age as my nephew and when we talk she mentions how her daughter is a lot like my nephews friends.

I sometimes think of the amish and how they give the kids a time to choose to stay or get away from the group. And I hope that later in life when they are done rebelling they will come back.

I know my nieces are very much raising their children as catholics not sending them to Catholic private schools cause now they are just ridiculous in tution but they go to church weekly, have the kids go to catechism classes and my niece just this past May, just completed her first holy communion. It was a lovely ceremony.

I rambled here a bit but I wanted Euskadi to know that she wasn't alone in being a Catholic here and that we as a group seem to think that priest should be able to be married if they choose to or not.

Now Eric was the subject matter and then Father Matts cavelier way of shoo shoooing Erics dreams. I guess we might see the full story coming out soon of why he decided to be a priest. I still wish that Kristen hadn't gone after Eric this way but instead had seduced him and ended up preggers, instead of the this Bristen stuff. It might have been a harder sell since he mistrust her but at times he see's her like Brady does and yet when momma trash talks her -he hesitates to totally join in now - which sucks cause in the end he will be so bitter and so angry as he should be but again he is doing his job. The bishop said he had to work with Kristen so I find it hard when Niki or MarMar get on him for doing his job. They want him in Salem but on their terms.

Didn't he already explain that? (in bold) I could have sworn I saw when he told all that, so I am not sure I understand what everyone wants to be told

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list