List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: OFFICIAL: CHANDLER MASSEY LEAVING!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OFFICIAL: CHANDLER MASSEY LEAVING!

Started by jeffross12 at 2013/08/25 04:39PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/26 05:17AM, Views: 833, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2013/08/25 04:39PM
    OFFICIAL: CHANDLER MASSEY LEAVING!
    jeffross12

This is an utter shame. He was by far the biggest talent on the show. Anyone who replaces him has big shoes to fill. I'm very disappointed they are recasting him, even though I understand he's a major part of the storylines going on. They could've had him confess to shooting EJ and have him go to jail for 5 years. That would've given Chandler plenty of time to get an "edumacation".

#2   2013/08/25 10:00PM
    Re: OFFICIAL: CHANDLER MASSEY LEAVING!
    kayhan

Quote jeffross12: This is an utter shame. He was by far the biggest talent on the show. Anyone who replaces him has big shoes to fill. I'm very disappointed they are recasting him, even though I understand he's a major part of the storylines going on. They could've had him confess to shooting EJ and have him go to jail for 5 years. That would've given Chandler plenty of time to get an "edumacation".

Chandler does not expect to return to Days in the future. He wants to do other things after he finishes college. He mentioned Broadway theater as something he has an interest in doing. He is an intelligent young man with a bright future ahead of him and has no desire to continue on a soap opera.

#3   2013/08/25 11:37PM
    wwwwww

Quote kayhan:
    Quote jeffross12: This is an utter shame. He was by far the biggest talent on the show. Anyone who replaces him has big shoes to fill. I'm very disappointed they are recasting him, even though I understand he's a major part of the storylines going on. They could've had him confess to shooting EJ and have him go to jail for 5 years. That would've given Chandler plenty of time to get an "edumacation".

Chandler does not expect to return to Days in the future. He wants to do other things after he finishes college. He mentioned Broadway theater as something he has an interest in doing. He is an intelligent young man with a bright future ahead of him and has no desire to continue on a soap opera.

Yeah you can't blame him for trying other things. He stayed a good three or four years with Days. No offense to Days or their fans but a lot of actors just start out on the show or other soaps just to get their foot in the door and get better opportunities. I doubt anybody who joins Days or any other soap wants to do it the rest of their life unless they are just a big fan of the show. Very rarely now days do you see a person staying on a soap their whole careers. Yeah I know there is exceptions like Alison Sweeney has been on the show for 20 years but most of the time it doesn't happen. If Alison left Days would she get other opportunities like Broadway theater. I know she does the Biggest Loser and she did a movie for Hallmark. She also does a lot of advertising for NBC and has even been in magazines but I guess what I'm saying is could she get in Primetime TV or would soaps be the only thing she would get offered if The Biggest Loser went off.

#4   2013/08/26 03:40AM
    kayhan

Quote wwwwww:
    Quote kayhan:

Yeah you can't blame him for trying other things. He stayed a good three or four years with Days. No offense to Days or their fans but a lot of actors just start out on the show or other soaps just to get their foot in the door and get better opportunities. I doubt anybody who joins Days or any other soap wants to do it the rest of their life unless they are just a big fan of the show. Very rarely now days do you see a person staying on a soap their whole careers. Yeah I know there is exceptions like Alison Sweeney has been on the show for 20 years but most of the time it doesn't happen. If Alison left Days would she get other opportunities like Broadway theater. I know she does the Biggest Loser and she did a movie for Hallmark. She also does a lot of advertising for NBC and has even been in magazines but I guess what I'm saying is could she get in Primetime TV or would soaps be the only thing she would get offered if The Biggest Loser went off.

Of course there are exceptions: Look at John Stamos. He was in movies and TV, and also was on General Hospital. There are other people that started out in soaps, then move on to primetime and films, and then return to the soaps later on when other opportunities are not available. But Chandler is at the beginning of his career and wants to try other things, along with getting his education. I hope he is successful in his career (TV, film, theater, etc.) and then later on he could always do politics like his father. Whatever he chooses to do, I wish him the best.

#5   2013/08/26 05:15AM
    CHKDeWilSon

Quote kayhan:
    Quote wwwwww:
    Quote kayhan:

Of course there are exceptions: Look at John Stamos. He was in movies and TV, and also was on General Hospital. There are other people that started out in soaps, then move on to primetime and films, and then return to the soaps later on when other opportunities are not available. But Chandler is at the beginning of his career and wants to try other things, along with getting his education. I hope he is successful in his career (TV, film, theater, etc.) and then later on he could always do politics like his father. Whatever he chooses to do, I wish him the best.

Hey kayhan

I agree with pretty much all that you are saying.

Not loads of former soap stars go back to daytime soaps that they starred in but there have been some that have.
    Even James Franco who is a big movie star when back to his role on GH for a bit last year.

As for Chandler, I personally don't see him going back to Days unless they were to cancel the soap and then there could be a possibility of not just him but a few others return for a last swansong.

And of course we don't know how long Freddie intends to stay himself or if Days are keeping him on regardless of nuWill working out or not.

I just hope that I get to see Chandler in many more roles as he continues his studies and then graduates.

As for people like Alison. Maybe she could have had more as an actress if she had left Days a while ago. But then there is no guarantee that it could have work out for her. She seems happy with her lot and she does have a prime time show she work on and maybe she doesn't have the big ambitions that Chandler seems to have.

And for every Brad Pitt or Demi Moore that started out on soaps and move on to bigger and better things there are countless other who don't and some know this so don't even try to move beyond their comfort zone.

So while no absolutely sureness that Chandler will make it big just because of the praise and awards he got in his role as Will Horton, we believe and wish him all the luck in world because speaking for myself, he had me as a fan from the moment I watch him. I do think he is something special and excitedly wait to see him in many more roles (although I doubt I'll be lucky to see him on stage).

#6   2013/08/26 05:17AM
    stjarna

He will be missed, as his interpertation of William was the best in my opinion! Wish him all the best!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list