List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)

Started by Chrissi at 2013/08/14 05:50AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/15 11:50PM, Views: 8052, Replies: 110
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #81   2013/11/29 11:06PM
    Re: Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)
    Lacey Micah

Quote Lialovessoaps: I hate it that the writers have taken Nick to the point of attempted rape. He's my favorite character on the show, and I really loved he and Gabi. Most fans don't understand Nick, but I get him. I think he's brilliant, and when he loves, he loves hard. He wants a family. Most see this thing with the modeling agency as pushy, but I don't. I see it the way he intended it...As a surprise for the woman he loves. Gabi has always expressed an interest in modeling and this is a guy who wanted to make a dream come true for someone he loves. Plus give her the resources she needs in order to become independent of WilSon. He didn't have an apartment set up for she, Ari and himself. He was going to move there, "run into her", and go from there with trying to get her back. It's sad that the writers destroyed this couple in order to make WilSon come off as the better couple to raise Ari. Gabi is now someone I'm disappointed in because she of all people knows Nick's heart. For her to behave as if he's some deranged person to be afraid of is just sad to me. It tells me that she was always looking for him to "snap" so to speak and that's not him anymore. He understandably became angry when she said those terrible things to him, but he was not there to harm her. She's been listening to Will and Rafe too much instead of going with what she knows about him.

You covered everything and I 100% agree.

#82   2013/11/30 05:52AM
    fadingrose

Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote Days Dreamer: Chrissi- Thanks for developing a thread like this. Embarrassed to admit, probably in the minority, and being Pollyanna, but I like when the shows some traditional stuff- family Thanksgivings , Christmas, Holidays, romance, happy and upbeat scenes, Julie and Doug singing , etc. Maybe it is an age thing(I am 56 - saying this for demographic stats), but many TV shows today are so dark and disturbing and Days keeps moving in that direction-maybe that is what sells. I like twists, turns, mystery, suspense as well, but I like when they temper it with some positive, lighter moments.
    you aren't alone I would love it if we did get romance lasting more than a second, family times, laughter that comes from watching your kids just be kids, seeing your sister, brother, loved one be with their families and helping decorate a tree, cookies, even a work related holiday party with some dancing, cake, candy singing, hugging. Not everything has to be a drama filled anxiety hour of who done it, how can we cover it up. I'm missing kisses what's wrong with kisses. Nothing!!!!!

That needed to be said, AMLD and Days Dreamer! I don't think it is an "age thing" or hope it is not. I'm 85, been watching for decades--and would hate to believe that younger viewers prefer dreary s/ls and a cast of characters in which hardly anyone is happy for more than a few minutes. I was "young" once--and found pleasure in soaps that gave the viewers doses of happy family life to brighten the suspenseful plots that kept us watching. Where on DOOL are those lighter episodes today? Surely not in the plans of the current writers...

#83   2013/12/01 08:30AM
    allmylovingdays

I don't believe it is an age thing either fadingrose. If twilight and even this Hunger Games both of which have elements of love stories in their plots are such big blockbusters then we should be able to see this in our soaps.

I get that shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad had darker forces but and here I may be wrong because I never watched either - but they both had family elements and love as well. I think I read that Breaking Bad's main character did this because he was dying and he lost his job and didn't know how to support them?

Dracula on NBC right now -WOW. Yeah he is vicious but how he loves his Mina and he even was going to let her marry her Jonathan, he ensured they got back together when Jonathan lost his stupid self and was bragging he would make her stay at home and be a good wifey. Friday's episode showed us how if you become someone he loves (his friend & counselor Renfield) he will do anything and everything for them. So even in this dark ugly story there are sweet, romantic and touching moments. He won't turn her or compell her to be with him, he is hoping to find a cure, he wants to live in the daylight again.

I always wanted EJ with Samantha and them being who they are not changing but accepting the good, the bad, the everything.

#84   2013/12/03 10:37AM
    HouseTops

Is there anything going on in this soap?

Is there a s/l somewhere that I am missing?

I need some help finding the s/l's.....

#85   2013/12/03 12:47PM
    Lialovessoaps

Quote Lacey Micah

You covered everything and I 100% agree.

Oh thanks. I'm glad there's someone else out there who doesn't think Nick is totally bad.

#86   2013/12/03 02:13PM
    fadingrose

My "unpopular opinion" most likely fits the category very well. Hey, I like romance as well as anyone--regardless of our age differences, But I find it tiresome that many viewers feel it is imperative to match any current "single" with a possible soulmate ASAP. Some of the suggestions seem to take no regard for the personalities or past histories of the proposed twosomes. And even some love matches we might like to happen--for example, Jordan (about whom we know practically nothing) with Rafe --involve a "mystery woman" who might be the worst love object for Rafe. Not that this might not work in the long run, but we need a bit more thought and information before we decide about which two people would be "perfect" together. So there is my "unpopular opinion"--Too much matchmaking, having everyone paired neatly and walking arm-in-arm into a modern Noah's Ark, as if their lives depended on it. It IS fun to speculate--but what's the hurry?

#87   2013/12/12 05:51AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote fadingrose: My "unpopular opinion" most likely fits the category very well. Hey, I like romance as well as anyone--regardless of our age differences, But I find it tiresome that many viewers feel it is imperative to match any current "single" with a possible soulmate ASAP. Some of the suggestions seem to take no regard for the personalities or past histories of the proposed twosomes. And even some love matches we might like to happen--for example, Jordan (about whom we know practically nothing) with Rafe --involve a "mystery woman" who might be the worst love object for Rafe. Not that this might not work in the long run, but we need a bit more thought and information before we decide about which two people would be "perfect" together. So there is my "unpopular opinion"--Too much matchmaking, having everyone paired neatly and walking arm-in-arm into a modern Noah's Ark, as if their lives depended on it. It IS fun to speculate--but what's the hurry?

I agree that not all single people need to be in a romance. You find it a bit tiresome that the writers force couples together and there isn't any sort of spark and they get pimped to high heaven whereas if the couple did have some spark they trash them to pieces(danicole).

I said it in a thread where they asked who would abs love interest be -if it would be taboo for her to go for a woman since her experiences with men so far have been mostly pipe dreams in her head. And to say she never has even looked or shown any tendicies that she could be bi-sexual well anyone watching Guiding Light a few years ago would have said the same thing of the characters that ended up falling in love Otalia-Olivia and Natalia. So thats my unpopular opinion let abs fall for jordan. And it doesn't have to be this instant thing.

I don't like Kate and Sami working together much less covering for gabs. I still am angry with Kate for giving Sami that gun and for Sami to be involved in a crime weeks after getting out of jail -just left me bitter and not caring if they get caught or not. It also has left me wondering why we couldn't have had others involved in the murder mystery. I could deal with Brady, Niki, Danny, Eric, Marlena trying to cover up Kristen's supposed death but actually it being her lookalike and Kristen on a beach pregnant biding her time to come back and say SURPRISE!

I personally do not like jordan. I found her smirking/smiling while Kate was getting her walking papers just offputting. Knowing she has those id's too has me thinking she might afterall be someone that Stefano planted.

#88   2013/12/17 05:21PM
    allmylovingdays

Brady and his drug use and once again this ridiculous Daniel is the savior thing going on.

from the csi shows no where did they ever have a patient go through pain to sweat out the toxins given to him six months ago, no the brilliant minds that be on those shows would have taken a hair sample from day one and gotten the toxicology department working. What a failure this falls been

#89   2014/01/04 07:39AM
    allmylovingdays

That once I am hooked on a couple I guess it takes a lot to tear me away and never come back. I am still an EJAMI fan.

She shot him. You would think that would have killed it. It broke my heart just as much as this promo talk is breaking it but I know deep down that James is going to reel me back in with his heartache and worrying why oh why oh why did he do whatever...........I'm normally not an optomistic person so even though I haven't seen the promo - I just can't imagine EJ would have to go that far to this little girl. Its almost as bad as when EJ was so stupid that he didn't know about the fake belly. Then I couldn't watch either.

but as I stated they pull back in, I just don't know how much more I can take...............

#90   2014/01/04 07:43AM
    dazgonby

Quote allmylovingdays: That once I am hooked on a couple I guess it takes a lot to tear me away and never come back. I am still an EJAMI fan.

She shot him. You would think that would have killed it. It broke my heart just as much as this promo talk is breaking it but I know deep down that James is going to reel me back in with his heartache and worrying why oh why oh why did he do whatever...........I'm normally not an optomistic person so even though I haven't seen the promo - I just can't imagine EJ would have to go that far to this little girl. Its almost as bad as when EJ was so stupid that he didn't know about the fake belly. Then I couldn't watch either.

but as I stated they pull back in, I just don't know how much more I can take...............

I am so right there with you...heartbreaking...and what's next a new DiMera baby...can't even go there

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list