List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)

Started by Chrissi at 2013/08/14 05:50AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/15 11:50PM, Views: 8134, Replies: 110
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #71   2013/11/27 06:36AM
    Re: Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)
    Lialovessoaps

I hate it that the writers have taken Nick to the point of attempted rape. He's my favorite character on the show, and I really loved he and Gabi. Most fans don't understand Nick, but I get him. I think he's brilliant, and when he loves, he loves hard. He wants a family. Most see this thing with the modeling agency as pushy, but I don't. I see it the way he intended it...As a surprise for the woman he loves. Gabi has always expressed an interest in modeling and this is a guy who wanted to make a dream come true for someone he loves. Plus give her the resources she needs in order to become independent of WilSon. He didn't have an apartment set up for she, Ari and himself. He was going to move there, "run into her", and go from there with trying to get her back. It's sad that the writers destroyed this couple in order to make WilSon come off as the better couple to raise Ari. Gabi is now someone I'm disappointed in because she of all people knows Nick's heart. For her to behave as if he's some deranged person to be afraid of is just sad to me. It tells me that she was always looking for him to "snap" so to speak and that's not him anymore. He understandably became angry when she said those terrible things to him, but he was not there to harm her. She's been listening to Will and Rafe too much instead of going with what she knows about him.

#72   2013/11/28 07:47AM
    allmylovingdays

Im sick to death of Brady

#73   2013/11/28 09:29AM
    fadingrose

Quote allmylovingdays: Im sick to death of Brady

Bravo, AMLD. I'm sick of him, too, and I think that's no longer such an "unpopular opinion."

#74   2013/11/28 01:00PM
    huntah

I miss Kate & Rafe - the couple. 😱

#75   2013/11/29 10:08AM
    Days Dreamer

Chrissi- Thanks for developing a thread like this. Embarrassed to admit, probably in the minority, and being Pollyanna, but I like when the shows some traditional stuff- family Thanksgivings , Christmas, Holidays, romance, happy and upbeat scenes, Julie and Doug singing , etc. Maybe it is an age thing(I am 56 - saying this for demographic stats), but many TV shows today are so dark and disturbing and Days keeps moving in that direction-maybe that is what sells. I like twists, turns, mystery, suspense as well, but I like when they temper it with some positive, lighter moments.

#76   2013/11/29 11:08AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote Days Dreamer: Chrissi- Thanks for developing a thread like this. Embarrassed to admit, probably in the minority, and being Pollyanna, but I like when the shows some traditional stuff- family Thanksgivings , Christmas, Holidays, romance, happy and upbeat scenes, Julie and Doug singing , etc. Maybe it is an age thing(I am 56 - saying this for demographic stats), but many TV shows today are so dark and disturbing and Days keeps moving in that direction-maybe that is what sells. I like twists, turns, mystery, suspense as well, but I like when they temper it with some positive, lighter moments.
    you aren't alone I would love it if we did get romance lasting more than a second, family times, laughter that comes from watching your kids just be kids, seeing your sister, brother, loved one be with their families and helping decorate a tree, cookies, even a work related holiday party with some dancing, cake, candy singing, hugging. Not everything has to be a drama filled anxiety hour of who done it, how can we cover it up. I'm missing kisses what's wrong with kisses. Nothing!!!!!

#77   2013/11/29 04:30PM
    Freida Klopp...

My unpopular opinion is... I really like Abigail! She's beautiful, smart, funny- and a feminist. Seriously, all the women on the show are controlled by men in some way. I love the independent Jordan / Abigail dynamic because for the first time in that I can remember in a soap, they are fully independent, empowered women. I can look past those horrible "seduce Austin" scenes because I know there were just different (and way terrible) writers in the past. Looking forward, I really love and appreciate the direction they are taking Abigail. Wish others fellow women would agree instead of keep complaining about how boring she is!

That's my unpopular opinion and I'm stickin to it!

#78   2013/11/29 09:07PM
    Ruca

I would like the writers to re- write Will as being straight. They could just say his time with Sonny was a time of "young adult confusion." Not because I don't like gay people or anything. I just feel Will's coming out came out of nowhere. There were never any hints until Sonny came along, and I'm willing to bet there were never any plans by the writes of that time or beforehand to have Will be anything other than straight again until Sonny came along.

#79   2013/11/29 10:58PM
    Lacey Micah

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote allmylovingdays: Im sick to death of Brady

Bravo, AMLD. I'm sick of him, too, and I think that's no longer such an "unpopular opinion."

Count me in, I'm sick of Brady too. I'm used to hearing that he's so hot and so great but he's so DUMB and that's not hot.

#80   2013/11/29 11:02PM
    Lacey Micah

Quote Ruca: I would like the writers to re- write Will as being straight. They could just say his time with Sonny was a time of "young adult confusion." Not because I don't like gay people or anything. I just feel Will's coming out came out of nowhere. There were never any hints until Sonny came along, and I'm willing to bet there were never any plans by the writes of that time or beforehand to have Will be anything other than straight again until Sonny came along.

Absolutely, it came out of no where and didn't feel real. I get how the show wanted diversity but not everyone can become emotionally involved with said character when they seem to change on a whim. It's like you want to go on that journey with them but there was no journey it was just BAM!

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list