List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)

Started by Chrissi at 2013/08/14 05:50AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/15 11:50PM, Views: 8169, Replies: 110
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #101   2014/01/23 03:47PM
    Re: Confess your unpopular opinion! (No Bash Zone)
    zuzu61

Quote dazgonby: I also wish they would not tell when someone is leaving, especially since they do tape so far in advance.

I wish they would take this time to develope a happy ending story for Sami...away from Ej because there never was a happy ending there for them...and certainly not now.
    Let her walk away and not even one glance back.

So for once, when it is close to time for her to leave, I want Sami to finally have happiness.

Just my unpopular opinion.

ITA.
    It seems MANY years ago, we'd watch the SOAPS and a new face would come on the screen and an announcement would say.. "The role of Jane/John Doe will now be played by "??". (The replacement)..

I'm not saying that is the best way. Not at all. But now, it's too much in advance.
    Just dampens the enthusiasm for any s/l the character is involved in.
    -------------
    I don't know why but I feel the next few years WILL be great.. I'm choosing to believe that anyway.

If Days survived w/o Tom, Alice, Bill, Laura, Mickey, BO, and on and on.. Then I'll believe the greatest is yet to come!!

#102   2014/01/24 05:57AM
    fadingrose

Quote zuzu61: I wish TPTB would put in the actor's contract a time limit on how far in advance they are to publicly announce their plans to leave the show.

Once I KNOW they're leaving, that's what I think about when I see them on screen.

I wish them all the very best in their career and life choices, but as far as their character goes, I wish they'd step aside and allow the show to move forward for the FANS and the SHOWS sake. JMHO.

I'm not just talking about Sami's character. I know Gabi's NOT going to get involved with anyone because she's leaving, etc.. I'm r/t all the actors/characters.

This is just my personal opinion.. My UNpopular opinion.

Just staying with the title of this thread.

Didn't Chandler apparently displease TPTB when he announced his departure "too soon" on the Daytime Emmys Show? It was bad enough watching "Will" for months after we knew CM was leaving, but in Sami's case it will be far longer (unless she'll be chopped earlier, like Chandler was.
    . In any case, that long gap between shooting and viewing creates a lot of problems, I believe.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/24 06:00AM
    #103   2014/01/24 06:06AM
    Jen821

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote zuzu61: I wish TPTB would put in the actor's contract a time limit on how far in advance they are to publicly announce their plans to leave the show.

Once I KNOW they're leaving, that's what I think about when I see them on screen.

I wish them all the very best in their career and life choices, but as far as their character goes, I wish they'd step aside and allow the show to move forward for the FANS and the SHOWS sake. JMHO.

I'm not just talking about Sami's character. I know Gabi's NOT going to get involved with anyone because she's leaving, etc.. I'm r/t all the actors/characters.

This is just my personal opinion.. My UNpopular opinion.

Just staying with the title of this thread.

Didn't Chandler apparently displease TPTB when he announced his departure "too soon" on the Daytime Emmys Show? It was bad enough watching "Will" for months after we knew CM was leaving, but in Sami's case it will be far longer (unless she'll be chopped earlier, like Chandler was.
    . In any case, that long gap between shooting and viewing creates a lot of problems, I believe.

Oops I guess everyone is talking about it here. I started a thread about it but yes I agree with you all.

#104   2014/01/24 07:06AM
    fadingrose

I'm probably in the minority--but I have LOVED Rafe far more than EJ for a l-o-o-o-g time (with or without Sami in the picture).

#105   2014/01/24 09:29AM
    dazgonby

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote dazgonby: I also wish they would not tell when someone is leaving, especially since they do tape so far in advance.

I wish they would take this time to develope a happy ending story for Sami...away from Ej because there never was a happy ending there for them...and certainly not now.
    Let her walk away and not even one glance back.

So for once, when it is close to time for her to leave, I want Sami to finally have happiness.

Just my unpopular opinion.

ITA.
    It seems MANY years ago, we'd watch the SOAPS and a new face would come on the screen and an announcement would say.. "The role of Jane/John Doe will now be played by "??". (The replacement)..

I'm not saying that is the best way. Not at all. But now, it's too much in advance.
    Just dampens the enthusiasm for any s/l the character is involved in.
    -------------
    I don't know why but I feel the next few years WILL be great.. I'm choosing to believe that anyway.

If Days survived w/o Tom, Alice, Bill, Laura, Mickey, BO, and on and on.. Then I'll believe the greatest is yet to come!!

So true...it can go on without any one person leaving...and if they tell this far in advance then there will not be any excuse for the writers not having a great send off...no more wandering off...no more elevators...of course they will not please everyone...but something more than that

#106   2014/01/24 10:39AM
    SandraJ

My confession is that I wish Julie would go away - for good. Such a meddlesome woman.

#107   2014/02/15 05:51AM
    Rosieroserson

I'm obviously in the minority here....because I see a lot of chemistry between Jordan and Rafe....

#108   2014/02/15 06:56PM
    dancie

some of the best stories have villains and at least the ones on this show are for the most part well played, like Stephano, Victor, Kate, Kristin, and some of the others who move in and out of that role like Nicole and Sammie.
    I would like to see Carrie brought back for Rafe, they seemed to have as much if not more chemistry than him and Jordan.
    And bring back some of the Hortons they need a transfusion of more family in that town. Maybe bring back Mike just not another Nick type, even tho the actor does play his slimy character rather well

#109   2014/02/15 08:03PM
    mbfc3

Boy, am I glad this is the thread for UNPOPULAR opinions, because I have a doozy. I don't like EJ and Sami together. I think they are a toxic mix and are better apart.

#110   2014/02/15 11:30PM
    1cinderella1955

I don't care for the woman?? Abigail has become. I never seen anyone go from having extremely high morals and caring about having sex with the RIGHT man to absolutely more than NO Morals just because they lost their Virginity.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list