List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: The sands are low in the hourglass....

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The sands are low in the hourglass....

Started by Kelby at 2013/07/02 06:22PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/05 01:12PM, Views: 1542, Replies: 21
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/03 09:46AM
    Re: The sands are low in the hourglass....
    MissingTheVets

I totally agree with this. This show has lost it's MAGIC. All the best characters are gone. I think the viewers that like the show are probably new and don't know the history of the show. I've been watching since the 70's and I don't like watching anymore at all and I'm not even sure WHY I'm still watching. Habit, I guess. The show is nothing but love triangles and boring nonsense. I'm so disappointed. How they won an Emmy is beyond me.

#12   2013/07/03 09:52AM
    EpicFail

They won the Emmy based on the material they submitted. One of them was the confrontation in Jen's living room when Dan confronted Nicole about having lost the baby --- I cant remember what the other was (I think it was EJami on the run) but the stuff they submitted was sweeps material.

I've been watching off and on since the early 80s and still watch because although the s/ls are silly and/or stupid, the dialogue and the acting are pretty darn good.

#13   2013/07/03 01:14PM
    Kelby

Your comments are spot on. Anything before 1993 was really good. James E. Reilly was the reason this show went to h..l in a hand basket. They won an Emmy because there is only four soaps left on TV. What I will give DOOL credit for is their acting. I think they have several good actors still. I think they can write scenes well enough to make them good and dramatic. Unfortunately, none of it makes sense. What is the point?

#14   2013/07/03 02:50PM
    mille

Quote MissingTheVets: I totally agree with this. This show has lost it's MAGIC. All the best characters are gone. I think the viewers that like the show are probably new and don't know the history of the show. I've been watching since the 70's and I don't like watching anymore at all and I'm not even sure WHY I'm still watching. Habit, I guess. The show is nothing but love triangles and boring nonsense. I'm so disappointed. How they won an Emmy is beyond me.

Lol, was scratching my head at that Emmy win too. Because it wasn't for the writing or the Storylines. Maybe, the ones who were voting, were playing musical chairs and Days was the last one sitting, so they won!

#15   2013/07/03 03:16PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote mille:
    Quote MissingTheVets: I totally agree with this. This show has lost it's MAGIC. All the best characters are gone. I think the viewers that like the show are probably new and don't know the history of the show. I've been watching since the 70's and I don't like watching anymore at all and I'm not even sure WHY I'm still watching. Habit, I guess. The show is nothing but love triangles and boring nonsense. I'm so disappointed. How they won an Emmy is beyond me.

Lol, was scratching my head at that Emmy win too. Because it wasn't for the writing or the Storylines. Maybe, the ones who were voting, were playing musical chairs and Days was the last one sitting, so they won!

"mille", You're on the money!! So often these board critics want to blame the "negative" poster for not being positive about DAYS, but the REAL problem is the writing team. DAYS HAD to be the "last one sitting" or some other lame reason for winning an Emmy (and you have to agree with the poster who reminded us there're only 4 left so DAYS is bound to win something)! This show is no longer magical or good - they've let go of ALL possible chances of bringing back the magic that kept them highly rated (and had them there available - Bope being MY fave & the best example of all) as they try to write a whole new show - it's NOT working!! How long before someone recognizes that? That's not negative or bashing (and everybody realizes EJAMI is all DAYS has left - not nearly enough, however) - just the truthful facts!! When is someone is charge going to listen & care????

#16   2013/07/03 03:53PM
    zuzu61

Quote mille:

Too Funny!!! LOLOL..

#17   2013/07/03 04:08PM
    zuzu61

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mille:

"mille", You're on the money!! So often these board critics want to blame the "negative" poster for not being positive about DAYS, but the REAL problem is the writing team. DAYS HAD to be the "last one sitting" or some other lame reason for winning an Emmy (and you have to agree with the poster who reminded us there're only 4 left so DAYS is bound to win something)! This show is no longer magical or good - they've let go of ALL possible chances of bringing back the magic that kept them highly rated (and had them there available - Bope being MY fave & the best example of all) as they try to write a whole new show - it's NOT working!! How long before someone recognizes that? That's not negative or bashing (and everybody realizes EJAMI is all DAYS has left - not nearly enough, however) - just the truthful facts!! When is someone is charge going to listen & care????

This is what upsets me about Hope and Abe looking so incompetent to the younger fans that doesn't know what great actors they are.. They give them the crappiest lines ever.. It is pathetic. Exactly the way they did Bo before he left.. Makes me sick the amount of Actors (mainly young males) they have hired since Bo.
    UUUGGGHHHH!!!

#18   2013/07/04 04:05PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mille:

This is what upsets me about Hope and Abe looking so incompetent to the younger fans that doesn't know what great actors they are.. They give them the crappiest lines ever.. It is pathetic. Exactly the way they did Bo before he left.. Makes me sick the amount of Actors (mainly young males) they have hired since Bo.
    UUUGGGHHHH!!!

Yes, they indeed give Hope & Abe pathetic dialogue making them a joke to the newer viewer (and there're really so few new viewers - when will the writer recognize that?)! And, yes, they definitely did that to Bo and is THE reason he finally just left the show!! It is SO sickening (and unsuccessful) the actors they've brought in or brought back instead of simply WRITING for Bo (and Hope) & other available great talents they've had available during this nosediving period. I never have had a problem with bringing in "new" characters as long as they blended them into the show's popular, established fabric, but they didn't do that. They discarded the core characters and forced all their favorites front & center, have tried writing a whole new/different show neglecting the show's history and the best characters' histories and true selves as they were created/developed who became extremely popular - and what's worse is this plan has NEVER worked! It's definitely a head-scratching situation - do they really WANT the show to survive? It makes you wonder!!

#19   2013/07/04 08:59PM
    zuzu61

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote zuzu61:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mille:

UUUGGGHHHH!!!

Yes, they indeed give Hope & Abe pathetic dialogue making them a joke to the newer viewer (and there're really so few new viewers - when will the writer recognize that?)! And, yes, they definitely did that to Bo and is THE reason he finally just left the show!! It is SO sickening (and unsuccessful) the actors they've brought in or brought back instead of simply WRITING for Bo (and Hope) & other available great talents they've had available during this nosediving period. I never have had a problem with bringing in "new" characters as long as they blended them into the show's popular, established fabric, but they didn't do that. They discarded the core characters and forced all their favorites front & center, have tried writing a whole new/different show neglecting the show's history and the best characters' histories and true selves as they were created/developed who became extremely popular - and what's worse is this plan has NEVER worked! It's definitely a head-scratching situation - do they really WANT the show to survive? It makes you wonder!!

OMGoodness!!! ALL the above. GREAT post!! You said it all.. Seems like we all care more than TPTB.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/04 09:03PM
    #20   2013/07/04 10:27PM
    Moms Days

And yet with all the above complaints the ratings are at a two year high and are getting better. They also won the Emmy. I am an old timer and have been watching since the Don/Marlena/Roman days with periodic breaks because of life or the stories were so stupid I just could not. That being said I have truly loved the last year and half and I hope Days keeps getting better and better. There are a few characters I cannot stand but I definitely like more than do not and that is why I am still watching and will keep watching.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list