List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: What's happening with Shawn D. and Belle?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's happening with Shawn D. and Belle?

Started by fadingrose at 2013/06/30 04:03AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/02 06:43AM, Views: 1623, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2013/06/30 04:03AM
    What's happening with Shawn D. and Belle?
    fadingrose

Even their moms (Shawn D./Hope and Belle/Marlena) hardly ever even mention them. What kind of parental love is that?And the current writers probably never heard of them or realized how important their story lines were at one time. Maybe Hope and Marlena would be a little less pathetic if their kids at least paid a brief visit. Even better would be a story line for them.

#2   2013/06/30 01:12PM
    Re: What's happening with Shawn D. and Belle?
    zuzu61

Quote fadingrose: Even their moms (Shawn D./Hope and Belle/Marlena) hardly ever even mention them. What kind of parental love is that?And the current writers probably never heard of them or realized how important their story lines were at one time. Maybe Hope and Marlena would be a little less pathetic if their kids at least paid a brief visit. Even better would be a story line for them.

I looked thru the Cast List yesterday and it makes me sick to see how many of our Days Actors have been replaced.
    Where is Days???? Just like Y&R fans are complaining about. Replaced by GH and Days by GH, Passions, etc.
    Nothing against these shows.
    IMO, nothing against new Actors coming aboard to be a part of their lives. Just not to replace the ones the fans love. And NOT to be front and center and be propped by the FEW Days Actors we do have remaining. JMO!!
    YES!! I miss Belle, Shawn D, Mimi, Phillip, and on and on and on... BUT bring back their characters with the actors that played them before. NOT replacing with more new Actors from Passions, GH, etc... again.. JMO!!!

#3   2013/06/30 03:36PM
    fadingrose

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote fadingrose: Even their moms (Shawn D./Hope and Belle/Marlena) hardly ever even mention them. What kind of parental love is that?And the current writers probably never heard of them or realized how important their story lines were at one time. Maybe Hope and Marlena would be a little less pathetic if their kids at least paid a brief visit. Even better would be a story line for them.

I looked thru the Cast List yesterday and it makes me sick to see how many of our Days Actors have been replaced.
    Where is Days???? Just like Y&R fans are complaining about. Replaced by GH and Days by GH, Passions, etc.
    IMO, nothing against new Actors coming aboard to be a part of their lives. Just not to replace the ones the fans love. And NOT to be front and center and be propped by the FEW Days Actors we do have remaining. JMO!!
    YES!! I miss Belle, Shawn D, Mimi, Phillip, and on and on and on... BUT bring back their characters with the actors that played them before. NOT replacing with more new Actors from Passions, GH, etc... again.. JMO!!!

Thanks for understanding. Obviously, I feel your pain. I would enjoy those original actors to return with a believable s/l. Unfortunately, some of them may be otherwise engaged. I have watched ONLY Days (and Passions for a while) so I don't where those characters like Belle, SHawn D. Mimi, Philip, and Rex have been recast. But, especially in SHawn D.'s and Belles's case, I would like them to be at least mentioned by their Horton and BRady families. If necessary, bring them back, even if they need to be recast. Old-timers will know their back stories. By way of contrast, Nick appeared out of nowhere and some of us needed to be reminded who exactly he was.

#4   2013/07/02 06:43AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote zuzu61:

First of all, I agree these writers don't have a clue about Shawn-D & Belle's importance to this show. After all, they're from the TRUE core families of the show's foundation & most popular years! But since these writers didn't really know or care about Bo & Hope (and never bothered to learn and totally wasted them) that's not surprising at all!! Agree that it's understandable bringing in all the new characters but they should've gradually blended into the cast and the stage and not taken over immediately, pushing the popular, established, core characters back & out as they did. That, IMO, is why DAYS is still struggling and unnecessarily so - could've worked beautifully if handled better. Goes back to the "balance" word - share the stage with ALL popular characters & work the newbies into the recognizable lives & sl's - not all newly-written ones - a whole new show so to speak! That's what happened and not successfully so. Miss Shawn-D & Belle (and, of course, their parents & their TRUE selves) - all that should be brought back and possibly some of that lost audience would return, too!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/02 06:45AM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list