List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Who passes the "no bashing" rule and punishes viol

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who passes the "no bashing" rule and punishes viol

Started by fadingrose at 2013/06/29 10:41AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/31 01:28PM, Views: 1046, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/07/31 05:48AM
    Re: Who passes the
    ejami2012

I timed out so will continue hete

Bashing an actor would be saying they are fat or has ugly this or that .

Bashing a poster ex a poster ssys I wishh I was Sami having Ej and a poster would ssy ejami2012 you live in a fairy tale and need to get a job and/or a life.

Hope this makes sense

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 05:57AM
    #12   2013/07/31 07:05AM
    Chrissi

When the site first went live 7 years ago there was no need for no-bash zones. The fans all got along to some extent but the bigger the site became, the more we needed no-bash zones to stop all of the fighting between fanbases. The admins have their own set of guidelines they have to follow so they make the decision based on each case and each poster on whether or not to warn or ban. It's based on whether or not they've already had an infraction.

I have no use for the no-bash zones as a regular poster, not as an editor-in-chief, because I like all of the characters - unless they're not being written properly, and I've no favourite couple. Even when I did, it didn't bother me if someone bashed them! Everyone's different though. In a perfect world we would all be mature enough not to discount someone else's likes or dislikes. People get passionate though and issues crop up. :P

Those who love the no-bash zones do so because they feel safe in them. They're those who often feel the need to defend their character all the time and grow tired of it.
    The no-bash zones aren't very exciting to those who love a good debate because they are so one-sided but most who use them have been bashed by posters in the past and are probably a little touchy about debates out of fear that they'll be bashed again. Can't blame them for that and I don't miss the one-upmanship that used to happen on this forum so the no-bash zones are a blessing!

Chrissi

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 07:08AM
    #13   2013/07/31 08:03AM
    fadingrose

Quote ejami2012: My understanding about this from the administrators view you do personally bash another poster for their comment ex saying s poster needd to get s life if they say someyjing another poster disagrees with. Nor bash the actors themselves not the character. Character bashing is allowed .
    When a poster wants to post a topic like ex ejami they can include no bashing so posters who may not cate for them wouldnt post there

Than there are topics people open that say bashing allowed and if you want to bash the characters only do so to your hearts content.

This is my take on this. The administrators do review the boards and if a comment is off topic it will be mentioned to poster and/ or if is badhing another poster personally or the actor perdonally it will also be addressed.

I would like to believe that possible "bashing" of either a DAYS character or a poster is monitored and handled by the adminstrators. However, I have observed so many mean-spirited, hate-filled violations that are allowed--whether the target is a character, an actor, the writers, or another DAYS fan. Sorry, but that's what is disturbing, at least to me.

I thoroughly enjoy reading civilized give-and-take discussions, whether they involve a favorite character or couple of my own or their "enemies."

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 08:11AM
    #14   2013/07/31 08:51AM
    Moms Days

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote ejami2012: My understanding about this from the administrators view you do personally bash another poster for their comment ex saying s poster needd to get s life if they say someyjing another poster disagrees with. Nor bash the actors themselves not the character. Character bashing is allowed .
    When a poster wants to post a topic like ex ejami they can include no bashing so posters who may not cate for them wouldnt post there

Than there are topics people open that say bashing allowed and if you want to bash the characters only do so to your hearts content.

This is my take on this. The administrators do review the boards and if a comment is off topic it will be mentioned to poster and/ or if is badhing another poster personally or the actor perdonally it will also be addressed.

I would like to believe that possible "bashing" of either a DAYS character or a poster is monitored and handled by the adminstrators. However, I have observed so many mean-spirited, hate-filled violations that are allowed--whether the target is a character, an actor, the writers, or another DAYS fan. Sorry, but that's what is disturbing, at least to me.

I thoroughly enjoy reading civilized give-and-take discussions, whether they involve a favorite character or couple of my own or their "enemies."

I agree with you. Discussions and friendly debate are enjoyable for me as well. There is a big difference between debate and just plain being nasty. One of the reasons I like this board is they do seem to do a better job of curbing the mean posters.

#15   2013/07/31 10:15AM
    ejami2012

Quote Chrissi: When the site first went live 7 years ago there was no need for no-bash zones. The fans all got along to some extent but the bigger the site became, the more we needed no-bash zones to stop all of the fighting between fanbases. The admins have their own set of guidelines they have to follow so they make the decision based on each case and each poster on whether or not to warn or ban. It's based on whether or not they've already had an infraction.

I have no use for the no-bash zones as a regular poster, not as an editor-in-chief, because I like all of the characters - unless they're not being written properly, and I've no favourite couple. Even when I did, it didn't bother me if someone bashed them! Everyone's different though. In a perfect world we would all be mature enough not to discount someone else's likes or dislikes. People get passionate though and issues crop up. :P

Those who love the no-bash zones do so because they feel safe in them. They're those who often feel the need to defend their character all the time and grow tired of it.
    The no-bash zones aren't very exciting to those who love a good debate because they are so one-sided but most who use them have been bashed by posters in the past and are probably a little touchy about debates out of fear that they'll be bashed again. Can't blame them for that and I don't miss the one-upmanship that used to happen on this forum so the no-bash zones are a blessing!

Chrissi

Thank you Chrissi for clearing that up

#16   2013/07/31 10:42AM
    mama rosa

Quote Chrissi: When the site first went live 7 years ago there was no need for no-bash zones. The fans all got along to some extent but the bigger the site became, the more we needed no-bash zones to stop all of the fighting between fanbases. The admins have their own set of guidelines they have to follow so they make the decision based on each case and each poster on whether or not to warn or ban. It's based on whether or not they've already had an infraction.

Chrissi

Hi Chrissi!
    I hope all is well in your world!..Have a wonderful summer!

The Start Here page in Green,at the top of the First page might help the Newbies too!...Bye for now,Chrissi...

#17   2013/07/31 11:02AM
    Rosieroserson

Quote Moms Days:
    Quote fadingrose:

I agree with you. Discussions and friendly debate are enjoyable for me as well. There is a big difference between debate and just plain being nasty. One of the reasons I like this board is they do seem to do a better job of curbing the mean posters.

I think you're right, but then there's also a thin line between being friendly and being mean....it's called irony and in my opinion it adds some sassy flavors to the discussion.

#18   2013/07/31 11:42AM
    Chrissi

Hi, and thanks for the nice summer wishes. Mine is great and I hope all of you are having a terrific one as well.

So there's clarification, read the guidelines which will show that the admins do not review all posts. They're not paid to sit in the forums and babysit. If there are bad posts, they ask that the posters let them know and they do a sweep of the site a few times a day.

#19   2013/07/31 01:28PM
    fadingrose

Quote Chrissi: Hi, and thanks for the nice summer wishes. Mine is great and I hope all of you are having a terrific one as well.

So there's clarification, read the guidelines which will show that the admins do not review all posts. They're not paid to sit in the forums and babysit. If there are bad posts, they ask that the posters let them know and they do a sweep of the site a few times a day.

Hi, Chrissi. I appreciate your trying to explain how the "rules" work, and though I have probably been a regular viewer (with a few breaks) since the begining, I am a comparative "newbie" on this blog. I HAVE definitely studied the guidelines, yet it saddened--even sickened--me to come across "bashing" that goes way beyond what is acceptable.

Without further discussion, I will sum up by quoting a few words in the thread labelled "I hate KATE...). Some examples are: "Destroy this beoyitch!!! or worse: "Destroy this c_unt." Kate is described in terms like "faithless cow," and "jealous hag." There are many more postings that insult other characters with such hostility.

Because I seem to have struck a chord of recognition with only a few viewers,I now declare I am done with this thread, which I started a while back in the interest of discussion that are at least civil. (The only time anyone will hear from me on this subject again is to point out what I think is a particularly blatant "violation" of the guidelines.)

And yes, Chrissi, enjoy the rest of the summer....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 01:34PM
    « 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list