List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Who passes the "no bashing" rule and punishes viol

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who passes the "no bashing" rule and punishes viol

Started by fadingrose at 2013/06/29 10:41AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/31 01:28PM, Views: 973, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/29 10:41AM
    Who passes "no bashing" rules and punishes offenders?
    fadingrose

I often wonder what happens to Days fans who break a "no bashing" or "fans only" directive. It might make some of these very one-sided messages a bit more interesting to listen to differing viewpoints. For example: Ejami fans may be "obsessed" with their idols, but some of their enthusiasm borders on sickness or at least love-struck eighth-grade crushes. It would be scary to disagree face-to-face with any of them. Obviously, I think we all have the right to express our opinions.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/29 10:46AM
    #2   2013/06/29 11:01AM
    Re: Who passes the
    flightygirl

Quote fadingrose: I often wonder what happens to Days fans who break a "no bashing" or "fans only" directive. It might make some of these very one-sided messages a bit more interesting to listen to differing viewpoints. For example: Ejami fans may be "obsessed" with their idols, but some of their enthusiasm borders on sickness or at least love-struck eighth-grade crushes. It would be scary to disagree face-to-face with any of them. Obviously, I think we all have the right to express our opinions.

Are you bashing an ENTIRE fanbase??

#3   2013/06/29 11:24AM
    fadingrose

Quote flightygirl:
    Quote fadingrose: I often wonder what happens to Days fans who break a "no bashing" or "fans only" directive. It might make some of these very one-sided messages a bit more interesting to listen to differing viewpoints. For example: Ejami fans may be "obsessed" with their idols, but some of their enthusiasm borders on sickness or at least love-struck eighth-grade crushes. It would be scary to disagree face-to-face with any of them. Obviously, I think we all have the right to express our opinions.

I'm not BASHING any entire fan base. Read my entry again--I used the Ejami base as an EXAMPLE and described SOME of its fans. There are other topics raised that include either a "no bashing" or "fans only" rule. My point was whether it is prouctive to restrict what one is allowed to say! By the way, I am a loyal fan of both EJ and Sami, whether together or even when they've been apart. They are both such skilled and appealing actors with individual or joint story lines that are always fascinating.

#4   2013/06/29 12:21PM
    stjarna

No bashing area is created so a fanbase can swoon and appreciate his/her fan pairing and character...

But it is all decided and overlooked by the moderators and admin. That's how I understand it.

#5   2013/06/30 02:19PM
    Rosieroserson

I agree with you, and wish we could express ourselves more freely regardless of the topic. On the other side things might get a little out og hand. I believe Admin is trying to protect everyone's interest as far as possible. The longer I've been posting here the more I appreciate it! There're other boards out there with a far more aggressive profile. If you're not on 'the right side', you're definately going to be bashed. Very unpleasant!

#6   2013/07/02 06:30AM
    LuvBoHope

IMO (and I'm certainly NOT the one who makes these decisions) a message board should be just that - a "message" board sharing VARIOUS opinions from the viewers (or long-time "ex" viewers who were once so close to the show explaining why they no longer watch & what would bring them back - DAYS could use ALL the viewers they can get as I see it nowadays)! Always a "chance" tptb "might" get the message & listen!! Anyway, agree with your last sentence, personally! The ones who don't "pass the no-bashing" rule as I see it are those who have negative comments about the show & the writing. I think attacking an actor should be totally unacceptable any time because the actor is only portraying what is given to them to the best of their ability! I also think profanity/profane language should NEVER be allowed. As far as the writing and sl's that should be open game for ALL discussion, repeated or not, because that's what makes or breaks the show - if it's horrendous then it deserves criticism until changed regardless of whether or not someone agrees or whether some in the audience are enjoying. The ratings speak the unspoken word, so the poster is just stating in words what's actually going on. Just my thoughts but feel if you're ALL positive you're "safe" & it's always okay, but if not and someone in charge doesn't agree they'll boot you. Agree that this board is the fairest of any. If they feel something is "too heavy" they'll simply delete the post - nothing wrong with that but they seem to allow the viewer to discuss both ways which is good for sharing opinions & not just one-sided thoughts.

#7   2013/07/30 11:22AM
    Conservator

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote flightygirl:

I'm not BASHING any entire fan base. Read my entry again--I used the Ejami base as an EXAMPLE and described SOME of its fans. There are other topics raised that include either a "no bashing" or "fans only" rule. My point was whether it is prouctive to restrict what one is allowed to say! By the way, I am a loyal fan of both EJ and Sami, whether together or even when they've been apart. They are both such skilled and appealing actors with individual or joint story lines that are always fascinating.

I'm sorry, fadingrose, that some of our posters need to take Reading Comprehension 101 all over again. Tedium.

#8   2013/07/30 08:21PM
    Shirleta

Quote Conservator:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote flightygirl:

I'm sorry, fadingrose, that some of our posters need to take Reading Comprehension 101 all over again. Tedium.

You know, just as a matter of courtesy, there is really no bashing on Facebook. It comes out wrong to be disagreeable and judgmental. Someone told me that about etiquette on the net. Same is true with these message boards. Nothing good to say? Say nothing.

#9   2013/07/31 03:30AM
    fadingrose

Quote Shirleta:
    Quote Conservator:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote flightygirl:

You know, just as a matter of courtesy, there is really no bashing on Facebook. It comes out wrong to be disagreeable and judgmental. Someone told me that about etiquette on the net. Same is true with these message boards. Nothing good to say? Say nothing.

Thanks, Shirleta, for understanding what I was getting at by starting this thread. The "no bashing" and "fans only" rules I can almost understand, but it should apply to both the character being discussed AND that character's "enemies." I'm an old lady who has tried to adjust to the cultural "norms" of the 21st century. Whatever "etiquette" once meant, it seems missing today. For the life of me, I can't relate to posters who get so emotionally involved in their favorites' lives that they name-call or vigorously insult other characters. "Hating" so-and-so and constantly referring to "boring cop," for example, accomplish nothing and are just plain mean-spirited. Remarks like that seem a little bit silly, since we know the actors are not real, but only portraying what the writers intend. Finally, I don't believe that the head honchos intended the "no bashing" rule to mean that a poster is not allowed to say anything even VAGUELY negative about the subject of a thread. "Can't we all just get along"? (I think Rosieroserson and LuvBoHope also got my point. Thanks)

#10   2013/07/31 05:32AM
    ejami2012

My understanding about this from the administrators view you do personally bash another poster for their comment ex saying s poster needd to get s life if they say someyjing another poster disagrees with. Nor bash the actors themselves not the character. Character bashing is allowed .
    When a poster wants to post a topic like ex ejami they can include no bashing so posters who may not cate for them wouldnt post there

Than there are topics people open that say bashing allowed and if you want to bash the characters only do so to your hearts content.

This is my take on this. The administrators do review the boards and if a comment is off topic it will be mentioned to poster and/ or if is badhing another poster personally or the actor perdonally it will also be addressed.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/31 05:38AM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list