List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: You're the head writer for Days, what would you do

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

You're the head writer for Days, what would you do

Started by Axl Rose at 2013/06/05 05:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/18 09:56PM, Views: 9524, Replies: 148
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #21   2013/06/11 12:19PM
    Re: You're the head writer for Days, what would you do
    zuzu61

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote Axl Rose: I'm curious to see what the rest of you would do to make Days ratings go up if you were head writer for Days, what storylines would you create or who would you bring back for a storyline

This has been discussed SO MUCH the last several years while the show was nosediving and these writers are NOT paying attention and simply don't care what the longstanding viewer wants (they're writing their own new show which has NOT been successful btw), but the first thing they should do is SOME (wouldn't take long) research on the show's REAL history and the true history of the esblished popular characters they still have (the ones who helped bring & keep DAYS highly rated for decades)!! They need to SHARE the stage with these characters AND the ones THEY'VE chosen to feature & create - BALANCE with ALL the popular characters - and not just use the vets as props for THEIR chosen characters & sl's. IMO that's the biggest problem with the recent writing teams they don't know DAYS and their new creation just hasn't cut the mustard - doesn't take rocket science to keep up with the ratings and listen to the SOLID audience - not the newer ones who come & go. They need to do everything they can to bring back the loyal audience they neglected & pushed away and listen to what makes the majority of the FANS happy - not the writers & only fans of the writers' faves! And for me, personally (and there're LOTS like me) the first thing I'd do is everything in my power to lure Peter Reckell as Bo and promise to write quality material for him & Bope - he left because of no sl/airtime.

Best post EVER!!!! Nothing I can add except that today was EXACTLY what you said.. ALL about Rafe and he's still in a coma.. But still all about their favs. I am sick to my stomach.. Rafe, Gabi, Daniel, Kristen, etc.. I don't know is I can watch when he wakes up. OMG.. And Gabi. Disgusted.

#22   2013/06/11 12:21PM
    zuzu61

Poor Hope. ALL of her lines.. All about Rafe.. After Bo was pushed out..

#23   2013/06/11 12:30PM
    zuzu61

Quote dazgonby: Fire all writers including myself! Or the very least detox them because they all have to be on something

haha.. So true. And Corday and TPTB. (Whoever the heck that is).. I wish someone would buy out DOOL.
    (Come on Larry Levinson Productions) PLEASE buy out Days..

No NO.. Better yet.. Hire Hope, Bo, Ciara, Maggie, etc & start a new one.. That's what we need.. A NEW one..
    Do something.. This battle has been going on too many years.

Where they are the main characters and the newbies come and go each week. With an ending to their s/l's.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/11 12:34PM
    #24   2013/06/11 01:28PM
    Axl Rose

I would bring back Sarah Horton, Maggie and Neil Curtis' biological daughter Mickey's adoptive daughter Melissa's little sister and Daniel's half-sister as a new love interest for Brady or better yet I would have Sarah make a play for EJ

#25   2013/06/11 03:39PM
    zuzu61

I'd resign!!

#26   2013/06/11 11:17PM
    Donnie_Turner

I would do the following:

-Daniel and Abby making love in her hospital bed after she has been injured in a motorcycle accident and Jennifer walks in on them. Jennifer picks up the metal pan by Abby's hospital bed and hits Daniel over the head with it. Daniel suffers for 12 hours until he dies. Jennifer goes to prison for the rest of her life.
    -Rafe once again gets involved with Sami and EJ is jealous. Of course, what Rafe doesn't know, is that Sami and EJ are plotting to bring Rafe down. Sami ends up shooting Rafe and EJ electrocutes him to death.
    -Gabi's crimes come to light and she has to hand over Arianna Grace to Will and Sonny. Gabi is only in jail for a few days until she is killed by a familiar inmate, Jennifer.
    -Nicole's two babies that she miscarried is actually alive and is being kept from her by Stefano and Kristen. Kristen plans to adopt Nicole's baby. EJ and Nicole find out that the two babies are actually their's. But this doesn't bring EJ and Nicole together, but they do co-parent just like Lucas and Sami.
    - Lucas finds a new lover and spends time with Will and Allie.
    - Kate and Stefano get back together.
    - Bo returns to Salem and Hope and him go on an adventure together to a beach.

#27   2013/06/12 05:20PM
    Axl Rose

I would love to see Abby have an affair with Daniel right behind Jennifer's back, a really sordid affair and have Jennifer be oblivious to it until she starts seeing the signs

#28   2013/06/12 06:14PM
    flightygirl

Quote Donnie_Turner: I would do the following:

-Daniel and Abby making love in her hospital bed after she has been injured in a motorcycle accident and Jennifer walks in on them. Jennifer picks up the metal pan by Abby's hospital bed and hits Daniel over the head with it. Daniel suffers for 12 hours until he dies. Jennifer goes to prison for the rest of her life.
    -Rafe once again gets involved with Sami and EJ is jealous. Of course, what Rafe doesn't know, is that Sami and EJ are plotting to bring Rafe down. Sami ends up shooting Rafe and EJ electrocutes him to death.
    -Gabi's crimes come to light and she has to hand over Arianna Grace to Will and Sonny. Gabi is only in jail for a few days until she is killed by a familiar inmate, Jennifer.
    -Nicole's two babies that she miscarried is actually alive and is being kept from her by Stefano and Kristen. Kristen plans to adopt Nicole's baby. EJ and Nicole find out that the two babies are actually their's. But this doesn't bring EJ and Nicole together, but they do co-parent just like Lucas and Sami.

I like it! Especially the dabby affair and the dead rafe and daniel!

#29   2013/06/12 11:15PM
    Donnie_Turner

Quote flightygirl:
    Quote Donnie_Turner: I would do the following:

I like it! Especially the dabby affair and the dead rafe and daniel!

Thank you! What do you think of the Gabi storyline I would like to write?

#30   2013/06/13 06:23AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote zuzu61: I'd resign!!

Best suggestion yet!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list