List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: You're the head writer for Days, what would you do

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

You're the head writer for Days, what would you do

Started by Axl Rose at 2013/06/05 05:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/18 09:56PM, Views: 9898, Replies: 148
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #91   2013/08/16 03:43PM
    Re: You're the head writer for Days, what would you do
    zuzu61

LOLOL.. Flightygirl.. Maybe that's what I need today.. JJ's donuts! haha

To get me off this RANTING mood I'm in with the writer's. Some days I get SOOO tired of the pimping of the favs. I need to to remember to "FORGET" to post on these days. haha

Sloppy writing sometimes. Seems like there's more thought put into pushing 4-5 actors rather than attempting to write a S/L with substance.. haha. sorry..
    IMO, sometimes their writing makes about as much sense as my last post. That's the point I was trying to make. hahaha

#92   2013/08/17 05:51AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote zuzu61: After the brief glimpse of the kids today, I would recast Ali now, because she looks much older than Johnny. I don't want to see the twins who play Johnny changed.

I would solve this dirty Bernardi s/l and get Sami out of jail, cleared and back home with the kids.

I would end the s/l with Kristen and Eric. I would either have it that Kristen was just dreaming and it didn't happen at all, or that Kristen and Eric did NOT actually have sex.

I would end the teen drug dealing s/l.
    and Jenn & Dan would either be happy or end it once and for all.

I would write LOTS of scenes with Johnny, Sydney, (new & younger) Ali, Theo and Ciara and stop bringing in new kids.

(the little girl today would have made a great twin for Johnny. JMO
    I'm not sure if they were about the same age though. First, I'd like to see them in a scene together, then decide.)

YOU ADDRESSED IT HERE!! Ali's height. thank you zuzu

#93   2013/08/17 12:36PM
    Axl Rose

But you know if you SORAS Ali you have to SORAS Johnny too because they are twins

But as for what I would do, I would SORAS Ciara and Theo and build them up to be the next teen supercouple of the show with Ciara being a Brady and Theo being a Carver and a DiMera, it would make sense

#94   2013/08/18 06:26AM
    SaphyrStar

I'd convince KC that nobody can do work shooting 23 scenes in a day. See this link, in which Chandler explains further why he's leaving: michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/the-jen-lilley-blake-berris-casey-deid... />

If this is typical for Days, it's no wonder why we're frustrated. The writers and the actors all must have to churn the work out as well as they can.

#95   2013/08/18 04:51PM
    zuzu61

Quote SaphyrStar: I'd convince KC that nobody can do work shooting 23 scenes in a day. See this link, in which Chandler explains further why he's leaving: michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/the-jen-lilley-blake-berris-casey-deid... />

If this is typical for Days, it's no wonder why we're frustrated. The writers and the actors all must have to churn the work out as well as they can.

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!! The interview was great!! I truly enjoyed..
    Sorry to see Casey and Chandler go. But SOO thankful I had the chance to totally enjoy 4 years of their AMAZING Talent.
    I'll continue to follow their careers. Wishing both of them the very best!!!

#96   2013/08/18 05:52PM
    zuzu61

Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote zuzu61: After the brief glimpse of the kids today, I would recast Ali now, because she looks much older than Johnny. I don't want to see the twins who play Johnny changed.

I would solve this dirty Bernardi s/l and get Sami out of jail, cleared and back home with the kids.

I would end the s/l with Kristen and Eric. I would either have it that Kristen was just dreaming and it didn't happen at all, or that Kristen and Eric did NOT actually have sex.

I would end the teen drug dealing s/l.
    and Jenn & Dan would either be happy or end it once and for all.

I would write LOTS of scenes with Johnny, Sydney, (new & younger) Ali, Theo and Ciara and stop bringing in new kids.

(the little girl today would have made a great twin for Johnny. JMO
    I'm not sure if they were about the same age though. First, I'd like to see them in a scene together, then decide.)

YOU ADDRESSED IT HERE!! Ali's height. thank you zuzu

Actually, I didn't notice the difference in Ali & Johnny's size/height until allmylovingdays mentioned it and how you didn't want Johnny recast.

I'm in total agreement. I do love Sydney's Dark hair.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/18 05:55PM
    #97   2013/08/19 09:19PM
    allmylovingdays

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote SaphyrStar: I'd convince KC that nobody can do work shooting 23 scenes in a day. See this link, in which Chandler explains further why he's leaving: michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/the-jen-lilley-blake-berris-casey-deid... />

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!! The interview was great!! I truly enjoyed..
    Sorry to see Casey and Chandler go. But SOO thankful I had the chance to totally enjoy 4 years of their AMAZING Talent.
    I'll continue to follow their careers. Wishing both of them the very best!!!

If chandler did 23. Scenes you can imagine how many more James and Alison do weekly. How in the world does Alison do it and dang I always hoped James could branch out but when???? If he is always working which I don't mind but he could make it in primetime or movies if he had time

#98   2013/09/15 04:19AM
    jaws63

Instead of picking up where Day's is now, let us rewind back to what I like to refer to as Day's second biggest blunder next to the first being the sorrasing of Susan's son "Elvis",....That "Ian Buchanan" fiasco.

I would have done this character very differently, His name would have been Kendris(pronounced Kendree) Lupone. He's a psychiatrist friend of Bill Horton's who's been Laura's doctor for years. I would have stayed with the Idea though that he also had a history with Kate.

If your following me here, this rewind takes us back to the letters Stefano had from Alice( I never cared for the forgery inclusion, I can't bring myself to buy into it.)...there were other plausible avenues. Now OK maybe I'll buy the John/Gina-Hope marriage thing as being a hoax, but for some reason E.J. not being a "true Dimera" seemed intriguing.

Let us propose a thought process, suppose somewhere in the distant past that Mickey and Bills medical records were switched(by some crazy madman's scheme) and it was "BILL" who was steril not Mickey. It doesn't change a whole lot with Mike's paternity(we've been down there) OK I'll bite. However it means that both Jennifer and Lucas can't be Hortons...follow me so far.

See what I would have done is build a story centering on Jennifer's paternity, Kendris is Jennifer's real father.

Let us say Alice was on to what was going on or sort of, she suspected something weird with their files...out of sheer experiment when Alice had Maggie's eggs stored they were already fertilized. In other words Daniel is Mickey's son.

And.....if the writers at the time were true to history they would have discovered: there exists a youtube clip from the 90's of a sedated Susan having an egg implanted into her body in some medical clinic with Stefano somehow involved in it. I personally don't remember seeing this particular episode so I don't really know where in the chronology of events this took place, but the fact that the clip exists suggests the out there conclusion that Stefano also stole one of Maggie's eggs. EJ a Horton HUH! and last but not least poor ole Lucas. Ya know I suspected from day one he might be a Dimera, Kate and Stefano's history tells that story.

#99   2013/09/15 09:13AM
    allmylovingdays

jaws63 you know when we were getting the writers who wrote the DAYSASTER, most fans were expecting a turn back the clock or a coma /dream sequence that years of what had occured in Salem would disappear. I always thought it was crazy and I know that I've said that I've watched marathons of GH during the 50th anniversary thing and cringed at how trite and cartoonish a soap can be at times. I know there are fans here who have watched Days for a long time and 'recall the glory Days' but even back then there were maybe ten channels at the most to watch so of course soaps had higher ratings. Now we have dvr's, dvd's, netflix the internet so there's more competition for a viewer.

I would like consistent writing.

I would like the surprising writing from the spring 2012 to summer 2012 and then this spring 2013 to be here on the show. I mean never in my life did I expect Will to work with EJ, much less blackmail him and then be on his side. Great writing. Then EJ winning over Stefano was a OMG a huge huge surprise! now we are back to the rinse and repeat of Stefano always winning. It gets old, we've been there done that and who wants to see it again.

It's just like when people talk about villians here on Days -they want this mad scientist Over The Top characters to hold people in cages and bring a look alike over to replace a character oye did't watch and won't watch that trite.

I don't want Johnny, Allie and Sydney to be sorased.

I still don't get why there can't be family times and love shown on soaps. A good friend of mine watches Suits with me weekly and right now the trouble ahead for a sweet couple has just started. They just got together this season and the love is there but of course angst has to come into play and it's in the form of her leaving to go to college for her law degree FAR AWAY FROM HIM. We just can't get why people can't be happy for awhile and still have the daily interesting intrigue, spying, lying, cheating need to save the days stories happening in and around work and then coming home and relaxing with dinner, wine and romance. A few kisses here and there at the office, a declaration of I LOVE YOU for who you are hey that just adds to the show.

i like umbrella storylines but then again I need some characters out of others storylines. Give them their own.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/09/15 09:14AM
    #100   2013/09/15 10:43AM
    Axl Rose

I would center an umbrella storyline around an adventure which would reunite past DAYS favorites of the 80s and 90s including the current cast and it could involve a villain from the past, how about Ernesto Toscano? Ernesto has been presumed dead for how long? And not to mention when Ernesto was killed off, I don't think there was a body

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list