List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: You're the head writer for Days, what would you do

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

You're the head writer for Days, what would you do

Started by Axl Rose at 2013/06/05 05:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/18 09:56PM, Views: 9517, Replies: 148
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/05 05:01PM
    You're the head writer for Days, what would you do
    Axl Rose

If I were the head writer for Days of our Lives, what would I do to make the show better:

- Bring back a sane Chloe to Salem, bring her back completely 100% sane and completely over Daniel and have her come back healthy and strong again and have her back as a love interest for Brady since he is in need of a new love interest especially after Kristen, with Brady and Chloe getting back together after all these years

- Parker turns out to be Philip's son after all and that there was a DNA test mix-up yet again and that they have to do another DNA test on Parker which comes back positive he really is Philip's son after all, therefore you can take Parker away from Daniel, which then would bring back Philip to town

- Have Chloe's little sister, Joy Wesley come back to Salem all grown up and Joy falls for JJ Deveraux, and then you could have Jennifer become all Mama Bear not wanting Joy anywhere near her son JJ because of Jennifer's history with Chloe, but have JJ fall for Joy anyway as a way to get back at Jennifer at first until he develops real feelings for Joy

- Bring back Melanie Jonas, Daniel and Carly's daughter, and Melanie with her back in town the truth about what Gabi did could come out in the sense that Melanie wants payback for what Gabi did to her therefore Gabi could face prison time and if that happens, with Gabi being carted off to jail, little Arianna Grace ends up in the custody of her father Will

- Redemption storyline for Nick Fallon and we could get to the root of what really happened to Nick in prison, in that Nick was raped by Jensen, and Nick having to come to terms with that ultimately facing that by showing flashbacks of him being assaulted by Jensen and then ultimately being raped by him, giving Nick sympathy along the way and really getting down to why he hates gays so much but also Nick being able to move on from his rape by finding love once again, finding it with the right girl from his past, bringing back Chelsea Brady for Nick

#2   2013/06/05 08:58PM
    Re: You're the head writer for Days, what would you do
    zuzu61

I would write that Nick pulled the strings to get Jensen out of Prison and the rape NEVER happened.. Jensen went along with Nick so he could get out and Nick came up with the story/LIE so to get everyone OFF his back and to get sympathy.
    Nick's plan was to scare Gabi so bad that she would go into labor and Arianna would Not survive, because he didn't want to be in the middle of Will, Sonny & Sami's lives.
    It didn't go as planned. Jensen was killed. Arianna survived, & now he has to come up with a new plan..
    AND... Gabi's dirty little secret will come out and also that Rafe knew about it.. He would lose his job and Gabi would NOT be the Perfect Princess of Salem.
    And Everyone's lines would not be filled with PRAISING Gabi & Rafe.

Victor will find out about JJ and scare him straight!!

Eric would host "DAYS Out With The Family" @ the Church..(A 2-3 day event)... EJ, Brady, Chad, Abigail, Will & Sonny would Coach the Little League games with Johnny, Theo, Sydney, Ali, etc.. With All of Salem in the stands cheering them on.. Then the Adult games the second day.. A celebration Picnic/Auction Fund Raiser the 3rd Day... etc..
    I'll stop here.. That should take care of a week or so filming!!

#3   2013/06/06 04:56AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Axl Rose: If I were the head writer for Days of our Lives, what would I do to make the show better:

- Bring back a sane Chloe to Salem, bring her back completely 100% sane and completely over Daniel and have her come back healthy and strong again and have her back as a love interest for Brady since he is in need of a new love interest especially after Kristen, with Brady and Chloe getting back together after all these years

- Parker turns out to be Philip's son after all and that there was a DNA test mix-up yet again and that they have to do another DNA test on Parker which comes back positive he really is Philip's son after all, therefore you can take Parker away from Daniel, which then would bring back Philip to town

- Have Chloe's little sister, Joy Wesley come back to Salem all grown up and Joy falls for JJ Deveraux, and then you could have Jennifer become all Mama Bear not wanting Joy anywhere near her son JJ because of Jennifer's history with Chloe, but have JJ fall for Joy anyway as a way to get back at Jennifer at first until he develops real feelings for Joy

- Bring back Melanie Jonas, Daniel and Carly's daughter, and Melanie with her back in town the truth about what Gabi did could come out in the sense that Melanie wants payback for what Gabi did to her therefore Gabi could face prison time and if that happens, with Gabi being carted off to jail, little Arianna Grace ends up in the custody of her father Will

- Redemption storyline for Nick Fallon and we could get to the root of what really happened to Nick in prison, in that Nick was raped by Jensen, and Nick having to come to terms with that ultimately facing that by showing flashbacks of him being assaulted by Jensen and then ultimately being raped by him, giving Nick sympathy along the way and really getting down to why he hates gays so much but also Nick being able to move on from his rape by finding love once again, finding it with the right girl from his past, bringing back Chelsea Brady for Nick

Personally (IMO) I don't honestly think any of these suggestions would make a piece of difference to the show's strength! I think the first order of business would be to promise Peter Reckell more airtime & decent story material for his character (Bo), do everything in my power to bring him back, write quality stories for Bope, and allow them to share front & center stage WITH the others who own it now & have for the last decade or so while Bo & Hope have been backburnered & used only as props for others. TOO MUCH WASTE of popular talent all these years while the show was nosediving!! BALANCE with ALL popular characters - these amazing 2 included!!

#4   2013/06/06 05:13AM
    zuzu61

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote Axl Rose: If I were the head writer for Days of our Lives, what would I do to make the show better:

Personally (IMO) I don't honestly think any of these suggestions would make a piece of difference to the show's strength! I think the first order of business would be to promise Peter Reckell more airtime & decent story material for his character (Bo), do everything in my power to bring him back, write quality stories for Bope, and allow them to share front & center stage WITH the others who own it now & have for the last decade or so while Bo & Hope have been backburnered & used only as props for others. TOO MUCH WASTE of popular talent all these years while the show was nosediving!! BALANCE with ALL popular characters - these amazing 2 included!!

I agree. I totally agree. Last night, my thinking was what I detested about the show. But you comment has allowed me to open my eyes to what I'd like to see on the show again that I loved.
    I suppose it's been so long, I forget there's another route they could take to make Dool enjoyable again. Bo and Hope should have been the Tom and Alice. But that seems to be too "Normal" or boring for these writer's.
    Strange that when the show was written this way, it made more $$$ for NBC than any show.
    I'm so tired of the propping of favs. I want to ENJOY DAYS again. Maybe I'm just an unrealistic dreamer, but I still have Hope. (that reminds me of HOPE in her baby carriage, when her Mom pushed her to safety.)
    Thanks...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/06 05:15AM
    #5   2013/06/06 06:34AM
    Axl Rose

- Bring back Bo to the show permanently just when Hope is about to move on with her life moving on with a new man in her life, the new man being Vargas, cue Bo who makes his dramatic return to Salem and then you would have a triangle there with Bo, Hope and Vargas with Bo and Hope ultimately reuniting in the end with Vargas leaving Salem as he would leave town

- Have Jack Deveraux, Sr. turn out to be alive and well and that Jack didn't die during that disaster but that someone found him and brought him to a facility where we would see him as being alive but that Jack would have no memory of his life or he would have no memory of anyone not remembering Jennifer or even his own children Abby and JJ not even remembering anything else but Jack would leave the facility not knowing where to start his life over again or even how to start his life over again and Jack would then fall in love with a new woman, she would come on as a new character and at first her and Jack would be friends building a strong friendship until she finds out who he really is after reading a newspaper article about him as she would show it to him and he would ultimately decide to go back to Salem but not unless she comes with him because he wouldn't feel comfortable because he wouldn't remember anything or anyone and she would be the only person that he actually knows, so she would go with him to Salem but along the way they would fall in love with one another and when they do go to Salem, Jack shocks everyone with his sudden reappearance in Salem but also that he didn't come alone, he has a new woman with him in tow and you could have Jennifer's jealousy start to take over

#6   2013/06/06 11:28AM
    Gemmagirl

Could Kristen be accidently pregnant by Brady?
    I know she isn't suppose to be able to conceive, but it would tie Brady to her as well as John. This I would enjoy seeing; John being the grandfather to Kristen's child and Stephano the other Grandfather. Yikes.

#7   2013/06/06 11:52AM
    dazgonby

Quote Gemmagirl: Could Kristen be accidently pregnant by Brady?
    I know she isn't suppose to be able to conceive, but it would tie Brady to her as well as John. This I would enjoy seeing; John being the grandfather to Kristen's child and Stephano the other Grandfather. Yikes.

That would be very interesting! And since Nicole can have these "miracle" pregnancies don't know why Kristin can't

#8   2013/06/06 01:49PM
    country girls

Quote zuzu61: I would write that Nick pulled the strings to get Jensen out of Prison and the rape NEVER happened.. Jensen went along with Nick so he could get out and Nick came up with the story/LIE so to get everyone OFF his back and to get sympathy.
    Nick's plan was to scare Gabi so bad that she would go into labor and Arianna would Not survive, because he didn't want to be in the middle of Will, Sonny & Sami's lives.
    It didn't go as planned. Jensen was killed. Arianna survived, & now he has to come up with a new plan..
    AND... Gabi's dirty little secret will come out and also that Rafe knew about it.. He would lose his job and Gabi would NOT be the Perfect Princess of Salem.
    And Everyone's lines would not be filled with PRAISING Gabi & Rafe.

Victor will find out about JJ and scare him straight!!

Eric would host "DAYS Out With The Family" @ the Church..(A 2-3 day event)... EJ, Brady, Chad, Abigail, Will & Sonny would Coach the Little League games with Johnny, Theo, Sydney, Ali, etc.. With All of Salem in the stands cheering them on.. Then the Adult games the second day.. A celebration Picnic/Auction Fund Raiser the 3rd Day... etc..
    I'll stop here.. That should take care of a week or so filming!!

Y'all....Great post

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/06 01:52PM
    #9   2013/06/06 01:50PM
    country girls

Quote dazgonby:

That would be very interesting! And since Nicole can have these "miracle" pregnancies don't know why Kristin can't

Y'all....ITA

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/06 01:53PM
    #10   2013/06/06 01:54PM
    Gemmagirl

Quote country girls:
    Quote dazgonby:

Y'all....ITA

Howdy Country Girl Nice to see you again-It's been a while. Looking forward to posting with you again.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/06 01:56PM
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list