List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: This show is absolutely awful!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

This show is absolutely awful!

Started by Kelby at 2013/05/07 06:29PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 06:02AM, Views: 2707, Replies: 36
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/05/16 03:36PM
    Re: This show is absolutely awful!
    DemeraraLady

I thought that I was the only one that notice... come on writer get you act together...

Quote Kelby: Everything about it has been messed up for way too long. Writers you have to do better than this or just go ahead and cancel it. Pretty much every character has been butchered and/or has become so stale. Hope needs a storyline if she is going to hang around. Let's get serious. Kristen's story is terrible. Why did they bring her back? Her return is all bulls..t! Her and Brady! Come on! And do not get me started on Jennifer. I use to love her back in the day. Pitiful! This is all the writers fault. I do not know how this show is still on the air. How can anyone watch this nonsense. I love this show, but this is not right. I see why it is dead last in the soap ratings. DOOL you're are going to be next canceled. Get it together!

#32   2013/05/16 06:47PM
    HouseTops

I think the past should stay in the past and let the future unfold. I love most of DOOL. This soap has always been my favourite and is today and tomorrow.

#33   2013/05/17 01:25PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote HouseTops: I think the past should stay in the past and let the future unfold. I love most of DOOL. This soap has always been my favourite and is today and tomorrow.

The problem with this is "the past" was SO much more popular than the present so having the "future unfold" (which it's been doing for a couple of decades now) has been a dismal failure with recent writing teams. The "past" kept the show strong & ALWAYS stayed in the top tier of the ratings. The present & "unfolding future" have brought it to & KEPT it on the bottom of the ratings - that's why that's not good for DAYS. They don't have to keep writing ABOUT the past, but just because a character is a vet who has a REAL connection to the show's foundation doesn't mean they should be tossed or used as props & window dressing for others - they're still talented and POPULAR and should be utilized with decent story material along WITH the younger/future of the show. These writers have not done that & it's just about finally killed DAYS. They could've, and very obviously SHOULD'VE, balanced better while bringing on the younger while the "future unfolds"! DAYS was once my fave too and I held on a LONG time hoping they'd come around and see what was happening & why, but they didn't & persisted with a failed agenda and pushed me & thousands of others away. They showed they didn't care so I finally quit watching altogether last year! Don't miss what they had onscreen at all - it was a good call by me. Glad you still love it - they must be showing you & some like you what you enjoy - just not many left in the audience as the ratings prove & that's the choice of tptb!

#34   2013/05/17 09:57PM
    zuzu61

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote HouseTops: I think the past should stay in the past and let the future unfold. I love most of DOOL. This soap has always been my favourite and is today and tomorrow.

The problem with this is "the past" was SO much more popular than the present so having the "future unfold" (which it's been doing for a couple of decades now) has been a dismal failure with recent writing teams. The "past" kept the show strong & ALWAYS stayed in the top tier of the ratings. The present & "unfolding future" have brought it to & KEPT it on the bottom of the ratings - that's why that's not good for DAYS. They don't have to keep writing ABOUT the past, but just because a character is a vet who has a REAL connection to the show's foundation doesn't mean they should be tossed or used as props & window dressing for others - they're still talented and POPULAR and should be utilized with decent story material along WITH the younger/future of the show. These writers have not done that & it's just about finally killed DAYS. They could've, and very obviously SHOULD'VE, balanced better while bringing on the younger while the "future unfolds"! DAYS was once my fave too and I held on a LONG time hoping they'd come around and see what was happening & why, but they didn't & persisted with a failed agenda and pushed me & thousands of others away. They showed they didn't care so I finally quit watching altogether last year! Don't miss what they had onscreen at all - it was a good call by me. Glad you still love it - they must be showing you & some like you what you enjoy - just not many left in the audience as the ratings prove & that's the choice of tptb!

It seems TPTB could see that GT, or whoever is PUSHING Rafe, is going to kill Days, just like the other 4 shows Rafe's featured on in "List of Shows". The Dude can't act.
    GT has been allowed to come on Days and bring his favs and push out all the actors who made the show. Like the fans are too Dumb to notice. Well we're not. This is JMO. Maybe I'm off base. Bit I am sick of the Rafe&Gabi show!!!

#35   2013/05/17 10:51PM
    CdnMama

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote LuvBoHope:

It seems TPTB could see that GT, or whoever is PUSHING Rafe, is going to kill Days, just like the other 4 shows Rafe's featured on in "List of Shows". The Dude can't act.
    GT has been allowed to come on Days and bring his favs and push out all the actors who made the show. Like the fans are too Dumb to notice. Well we're not. This is JMO. Maybe I'm off base. Bit I am sick of the Rafe&Gabi show!!!

I Agree that the newbies have kind of taken over the show. And the vets...whatever happend to John Black and Marlena? they are laughable now. Get rid of them if this is the kind of material you give them. If they hadn't brought Kristen back to the show, I couldn't even watch it. At least one vet has a strong storyline and is WATCHABLE. I'm about sick of Sami and I cannot stand Nick and Gabi. I cannot stand them at ALL they are the worst...get rid of them, fast! have them leave town or something. Horrible.
    I don't think Rafe is the problem, he was good on Passions he's good here. He just needs a decent story. We really don't need to see these characters constantly just butting in on conversations or overhearing conversations...that doesn't cut it as a storyline.
    but it's only a matter of time before the show gets the axe. They can't keep going with these idiotic moments that they think are plot. Someone always walking in on someone etc. Writers not the actors have to shape up and fix it.

#36   2013/05/17 11:32PM
    venicelani

Quote zuzu61:
    Quote LuvBoHope:

Rafe is not the problem.Daniel is.No one is propped as much as Daniel is.No character had as many longtime fan favorits and supercouples destroyed to prop him.Daniel is ruining the show and no one else.

#37   2013/05/20 06:02AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote venicelani:
    Quote zuzu61:
    Quote LuvBoHope:

Rafe is not the problem.Daniel is.No one is propped as much as Daniel is.No character had as many longtime fan favorits and supercouples destroyed to prop him.Daniel is ruining the show and no one else.

As so many have pointed out before it's not any one character or couple who're ruining DAYS - it's a combination of everything they're doing (and NOT doing, mostly). There's too much of EVERYTHING they're forcing nowadays & in recent years with NO balace (and, of course, the very necessary creativity & imagination)! They have NO good romance anymore - threw that away LONG ago - and no excitement. They don't care about what made this show strong & powerful trying to cram THEIR (the writers') agenda regardless of how much audience they were pushing away! Some weeks it's ALL Daniel & his women - some it's Kristen & Brady (making fools of the vets John & Marlena) - some weeks it's full of Sami & E.J. and occasionally Rafe - some it's Gabi & Nick (this comes from what I read on the boards - I don't waste my time watching anymore. But the ratings STAY on the bottom regardless of who's onscreen a given week. That really makes no difference!! These characters/couples they've selected have proven not to be strong enough to bring DAYS back up but they STILL insist! The show is a lost cause not because anyone is "hoping" it but because the writers are causing it!

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list