List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: What's missing on the soaps!?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's missing on the soaps!?

Started by Chrissi at 2006/10/25 10:25AM
    Latest post: 2006/11/07 09:21PM, Views: 1078, Replies: 17
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/10/25 10:25AM
    What's missing on the soaps!?
    Chrissi

Odd things that I find are always missing on soaps!

Do you ever notice that soap operas only have pets if they're integrated well into the storyline?

I find it funny that the people who barely scrape by have the same clothing allowance as those who have well paying jobs!

Anything else that you all can think of?! :P

#2   2006/10/25 10:40AM
    Re: What's missing on the soaps!?
    Angelic

So many things....their homes/apartments are always clean, yet none of them clean, even though Bonnie was a housekeeper, she only swiped things I think! Yeah, Mimi needs money for her car, but yes, she dresses very fashionable, and I haven't seen her go to any garage sales. They powder their noses but after driking especially in a bar, they only use the bathrooms for gossip, confrontations or sex....I was surprised they showed John sitting on a toilet/john. I sure need to break the seal after a few! How about a "hey hunn, could you stop by the market and pick up some milk and toilet paper?"
    They rarely pay bills or even talk about paychecks, and maybe they need a mailman since I never see anyone check their snail mail. Again, a lot of silly things missing, let's hear some more!

#3   2006/10/25 01:24PM
    Serena

Years ago I would wonder why people in bars didn't smoke, or like when they drove or were on the phone when people usually smoke, ok, or after sex. But then they did show a few times people smoking. I was also told the sets were too flamable for smoking, so they'd use phony cigarettes. Now of course many places restrict smoking in bars/clubs. And, now also many people have stopped period, wish I were one of them!
    In our hospitals there are signs listed all over banning cell phone usage (they could interfere with the medical machines), yet on the soaps they sure use them, on occassion however, I have seen Bo use the payphone.

#4   2006/10/25 01:28PM
    AlyandNyk

The TRUTH coming out when its suppose too...That's what is MISSING!

#5   2006/10/25 03:41PM
    Chrissi

AlyandNyk - Hahaha true... I love the other things. It's not 'real' at all, I always figure, but then again, my husband and I don't talk about the bills. One of us just pays them. I always assume they all have housekeepers or maids, because when you do have a maid, you also never discuss the cleaning!

This is interesting.

#6   2006/10/25 05:00PM
    wendell21

grocery shopping and kids two more things that are missing most of the times. like Jennifer(b4 she left)had that baby jack jr(i think thats his name) but when did we ever see him. funny how on soaps people can just get up and say hey im going to rome today and they hop their personal jet and go, how bout making some real arrangements first like most people have to. they always say that they have "errands" to run, but we never see them go do it.i havent really seen anyone do laundry or dishes or make food. they all seem to be able to afford eating at a restaurant for all their meals.

#7   2006/11/01 12:14PM
    babypowder

I have issues with soaps not having neighborhoods and real houses[ well houses ha ha]
    also when somebody wants to call a pal their cell works when an emergency comes up they lose the signal & the battery dies dah...
    Plus...nobody can find their own man or woman...
    always someone somebody else likes or loves and
    Lucas seems to love whomever is 2 feet in front of him....
    also on soaps no calendars...no clocks.....
    no proper birthdays...kids grow at hyper speed
    go into rooms and never return till years later when they are much older the parents do not age like the kids
    and yes...
    I always wonder too why no pets are a part of the families...even fake mewing and barking would be better than no pets at all?

#8   2006/11/01 01:16PM
    Chrissi

Nice ones!! Someone else said something in another thread about Max's garage suddenly being the place to work at. There really are no places to work, and I'm always amazed that everyone is so business savvy, that they can work at Titan, Basic Black or.. wherever..

#9   2006/11/01 02:27PM
    3KINGS

Why is there only one police station? No matter where the perk gets picked up at they all go to the same station.

And there is only one doctor. Until now. I thought Lexi was an OB/Gyn but she is also a pedicatrician and the ER doc.

And everything is 5 minutes away from everything else.

And what did Jennifer, Hope, Billie, do for a living?

Why doesn't anyone use birth control?

Why haven't Marlena and Hope gone through menopause yet?

#10   2006/11/01 06:35PM
    Natalie

They always go places without the kids. Are they home alone or with Nannys? They never really eat at home either.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list