List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: EJ

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

EJ

Started by kenerly1 at 2013/02/01 03:56AM
    Latest post: 2013/08/13 01:02PM, Views: 19715, Replies: 458
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #51   2013/02/01 12:05PM
    Re: EJ
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna:
    Quote Rosieroserson: Yes exactly, Stjarna:-) you wrote that spesific post on 'OMG!!!! Today's show' page 6. And to me your description was more about a hurt and thoughtful man than a vengeful one. It gave me some degree of comfort, I went back to watch it again and I really believe EJ was struggeling! Anyway it was so nicely described by you:-)

I'm happy we're so many Ejami's together! It makes it easier to analyze different situations on the show.

Sharon and nic an Dakota, I'm not giving up on Ejami!!!!

I am glad you liked my descrription- although it's only a soap- I do like to see depth in performance! Especially when emotions are to be shown!
    It's a nice energy here on the Ejami threads... but also like how people share what they see in characters!

never give up on Ejami- even when it was really like -that's it- had enough...lol- after yesterday's show- whatever writers throw now with them- Ejami is forever!!!!
    Plus- there is sharonnick4eva who will pick us up with the Ejami spirit!LOL

#52   2013/02/01 01:32PM
    Rosieroserson

I know it's only a soap, Stjarna! I have to remind myself of that when sometimes the anger and annoyment of a sassy post gets the best of me:-(
    OMG, I'm a grown woman and should'nt be that much into a soap. Ooh, I can't help myself. I'm like a bull with a red Ejami cloth in front of me!!! I'm suffering from Ejami obsession. It's strange and a lot of fun:-)
    When I have the blues, I'm always cheered up by Sharon n nic:-)

#53   2013/02/01 01:57PM
    alwaysEJ

I've read a lot of this thread, but not all . . . anyway, I always love me a good EJ thread but I hope I'm not repeating anything already said.

For me, this whole deal hinged on Sami. I think the writers knew that too, b/c Sami did all the talking yesterday & she said more in those scenes than she's said in years. I've always liked the idea of Sami chasing EJ, but the problem with that is that, as EJ says today, for him it's always been her, so the ball has always been in her court. I am sure there are EJ fans, & maybe former EJami fans, who would've loved EJ to pull a Rhett Butler on her when she finished her spiel . . . "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." But, if you've watched EJ since he came to Salem, you know that where Sami is concerned, 9 times out of 10, he's going to embrace her any chance he gets, & especially when she's admitting that she doesn't deserve his arms. He's done the angry revenge thing (which is hot, admittedly), & it left him right where he started - without her, & either alone or attempting to move on with someone else (& damn, if the EJ & Nicole fans aren't kicked in the teeth in today. Ouch.).

Sami has ALWAYS liked the idea that EJ wanted her (& maybe she also loves that he's never wanted Carrie!). What woman wouldn't? But, for a whole list of reasons she alluded to yesterday, she's always kept him on the periphery, explaining away their sexual encounters & running, sometimes literally, away from EJ. I have always said her family's approval had a lot to do with her treatment of EJ & eagerness to embrace what she saw as "Safe" choices, & she said as much yesterday. I have always said she felt Lucas, then Rafe, was the "right" choice, & she always made those choices knowing EJ would be there, waiting in the wings when she needed him, either as a shoulder to cry on or for some amazing sex.

So two things happened that led to Sami's come to Jesus moment. First, she watched Rafe attack her son (& behave like an ass, in general). An eye opener for anyone, but especially for Sami since she had convinced herself Rafe was the best choice b/c he was somehow "superior" to EJ. Second, Sami realized that despite everything else - like her family - all the reasons she's waffled & leaned toward Rafe, that the MAIN reason she didn't want to tell EJ @ her decision to be with Rafe was that she knew she would lose EJ, that after their honesty lately if she chose Rafe, EJ would likely be done, perhaps for good, & she realized losing EJ - really losing him - would be the worst mistake of her life. She told EJ that Rafe told her they had to tell EJ (a testament to Rafe's obsession with beating EJ, which has always trumped any love he felt for Sami), & Sami wasn't willing to do this. She wasn't willing to let EJ know she wanted to be with Rafe, b/c she didn't want to lose EJ - realizing that she didn't want to lose EJ forced her to finally admit she can't stay away from him.

I am glad EJ said that to Chad @ being second choice. It set up his frame of mind when he arrived at Sami's, & wow did James do an amazing job with those scenes. His face told you everything throughout the entire episode. I was as flabbergasted as he was listening to Sami. EJ was done with her when he walked in the door, & there was very little she could have said to change his mind, but Sami knew this too I think. She knew the same old was not going to cut it, & she laid it all out there. It was damn good TV too.

I got more than I expected from Sami yesterday. She admitted everything I've been saying for years - she's selfish, EJ has deserved better from her, she has worried so much @ pleasing her family, & she WANTS EJ & the thought of truly losing him prompted her to tell him the truth about her Faux Rafe reunion (something she had no clue Rafe had already told EJ about) & put EJ on notice that she wanted him, despite not deserving a chance with him, & that she planned to fight for him.

To those who've wanted Sami to "mature," there you go. She was more honest with herself (& EJ) yesterday than she has been in the last decade. I don't know what happens next, but honestly, I don't even care right now. I've waited years, like EJ, to hear Sami say what she said yesterday. It was some amazing acting from AS. I would never expect happily ever after, & with Stefano returning & Sami about to *** spoiler *** tell her mother how she feels @ EJ, it's certainly not going to be boring for EJami.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/02/01 02:04PM
    #54   2013/02/01 02:32PM
    allmylovingdays

Quote alwaysEJ: I've read a lot of this thread, but not all . . . anyway, I always love me a good EJ thread but I hope I'm not repeating anything already said.

For me, this whole deal hinged on Sami. I think the writers knew that too, b/c Sami did all the talking yesterday & she said more in those scenes than she's said in years. I've always liked the idea of Sami chasing EJ, but the problem with that is that, as EJ says today, for him it's always been her, so the ball has always been in her court. I am sure there are EJ fans, & maybe former EJami fans, who would've loved EJ to pull a Rhett Butler on her when she finished her spiel . . . "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." But, if you've watched EJ since he came to Salem, you know that where Sami is concerned, 9 times out of 10, he's going to embrace her any chance he gets, & especially when she's admitting that she doesn't deserve his arms. He's done the angry revenge thing (which is hot, admittedly), & it left him right where he started - without her, & either alone or attempting to move on with someone else (& damn, if the EJ & Nicole fans aren't kicked in the teeth in today. Ouch.).

Sami has ALWAYS liked the idea that EJ wanted her (& maybe she also loves that he's never wanted Carrie!). What woman wouldn't? But, for a whole list of reasons she alluded to yesterday, she's always kept him on the periphery, explaining away their sexual encounters & running, sometimes literally, away from EJ. I have always said her family's approval had a lot to do with her treatment of EJ & eagerness to embrace what she saw as "Safe" choices, & she said as much yesterday. I have always said she felt Lucas, then Rafe, was the "right" choice, & she always made those choices knowing EJ would be there, waiting in the wings when she needed him, either as a shoulder to cry on or for some amazing sex.

So two things happened that led to Sami's come to Jesus moment. First, she watched Rafe attack her son (& behave like an ass, in general). An eye opener for anyone, but especially for Sami since she had convinced herself Rafe was the best choice b/c he was somehow "superior" to EJ. Second, Sami realized that despite everything else - like her family - all the reasons she's waffled & leaned toward Rafe, that the MAIN reason she didn't want to tell EJ @ her decision to be with Rafe was that she knew she would lose EJ, that after their honesty lately if she chose Rafe, EJ would likely be done, perhaps for good, & she realized losing EJ - really losing him - would be the worst mistake of her life. She told EJ that Rafe told her they had to tell EJ (a testament to Rafe's obsession with beating EJ, which has always trumped any love he felt for Sami), & Sami wasn't willing to do this. She wasn't willing to let EJ know she wanted to be with Rafe, b/c she didn't want to lose EJ - realizing that she didn't want to lose EJ forced her to finally admit she can't stay away from him.

I am glad EJ said that to Chad @ being second choice. It set up his frame of mind when he arrived at Sami's, & wow did James do an amazing job with those scenes. His face told you everything throughout the entire episode. I was as flabbergasted as he was listening to Sami. EJ was done with her when he walked in the door, & there was very little she could have said to change his mind, but Sami knew this too I think. She knew the same old was not going to cut it, & she laid it all out there. It was damn good TV too.

I got more than I expected from Sami yesterday. She admitted everything I've been saying for years - she's selfish, EJ has deserved better from her, she has worried so much @ pleasing her family, & she WANTS EJ & the thought of truly losing him prompted her to tell him the truth about her Faux Rafe reunion (something she had no clue Rafe had already told EJ about) & put EJ on notice that she wanted him, despite not deserving a chance with him, & that she planned to fight for him.

To those who've wanted Sami to "mature," there you go. She was more honest with herself (& EJ) yesterday than she has been in the last decade. I don't know what happens next, but honestly, I don't even care right now. I've waited years, like EJ, to hear Sami say what she said yesterday. It was some amazing acting from AS. I would never expect happily ever after, & with Stefano returning & Sami about to *** spoiler *** tell her mother how she feels @ EJ, it's certainly not going to be boring for EJami.

Loved this post even if I thought wow did I go to the Sami thread or EJ thread. I posting fast and quick before I have to run off today because I AM STAYING SPOILER FREE but I read the *** and the *** and I am going WWWHHHAAATTTTT!!!

I think I got it now. three words ok..calm down ALMD.

So EJ yesterday had me wanting to hug him, hold him then watchign him just listen to Sami and when he got up - I was on the edge of my seat waiting -so he turns and he said he was through being patient -- you know I knew what he meant but poor Sami so use to men tossing her aside no matter what, but as you stated and as EJ stated he's been in this for six plus years, she has known how he has felt all that time he wasn't going anywhere -HE IS ENDGAME!!

#55   2013/02/01 03:59PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote alwaysEJ: I've read a lot of this thread, but not all . . . anyway, I always love me a good EJ thread but I hope I'm not repeating anything already said.

alwaysEJ, I have tears in my eyes!

Great Post!

#56   2013/02/01 04:01PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote allmylovingdays:

Loved this post even if I thought wow did I go to the Sami thread or EJ thread. I posting fast and quick before I have to run off today because I AM STAYING SPOILER FREE but I read the *** and the *** and I am going WWWHHHAAATTTTT!!!

I think I got it now. three words ok..calm down ALMD.

So EJ yesterday had me wanting to hug him, hold him then watchign him just listen to Sami and when he got up - I was on the edge of my seat waiting -so he turns and he said he was through being patient -- you know I knew what he meant but poor Sami so use to men tossing her aside no matter what, but as you stated and as EJ stated he's been in this for six plus years, she has known how he has felt all that time he wasn't going anywhere -HE IS ENDGAME!!

#57   2013/02/01 04:20PM
    Cynderdays

AlwaysEJ, you have said it all. Beautiful post.

#58   2013/02/01 04:29PM
    tariro

Lovely post , I love it when an observant viewer puts down their thoughts and manages to express what most of us could only feel but not put into words have sometimes felt like staging a coup on the Dool set ,locking up the writers and directing my own scenes these last few days it really felt like I did!

#59   2013/02/01 04:43PM
    huntah

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:

alwaysEJ, I have tears in my eyes!

Great Post!

Ahh Always, a great post!! You hit the nail on the head.

#60   2013/02/01 06:22PM
    alwaysEJ

Aw, thanks y'all.

I wanted to add one more thing, & since it's about EJ, I guess this thread is as good a place as any. I love that Sami was ready to fight for him, & I believed her when she said it (& EJ did too), but I adore that he wasn't having any of that. He didn't throw one thing in her face, or agree with her when she said he'd deserved better from her . . . he didn't get in her face & wag his finger & demand she grovel. Not mentioning any names, but that's been a prominent part of other relationships of Sami's (both romantic & with her family, whose approval she's always felt she never had), & even though, as Sami said, she may've deserved to have to grovel a little, EJ just embraced her. AS's face in the scenes when she realizes EJ isn't going to make her beg, or walk away in anger, was fantastic.

*Sigh*

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list