List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: marlena

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

marlena

Started by cbrady at 2006/10/23 11:27AM
    Latest post: 2006/10/27 08:56AM, Views: 1107, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/10/23 11:27AM
    marlena
    cbrady

Look I understand Sami messed up tons of times before but I just cant believe how Marlena treated Sami come on she is her flesh and blood Carrie isnt it sounds like Marlena always favered Carrie , Carrie isnt her daughter. Sami is remoresful of what she did and as a mom I couldnt just say I dont forgive you this time that would be very wrong and damaging to your child even if they are growen up and are a adult.

#2   2006/10/23 11:41AM
    Re: marlena
    Angelic

Quote cbrady: Look I understand Sami messed up tons of times before but I just cant believe how Marlena treated Sami come on she is her flesh and blood Carrie isnt it sounds like Marlena always favered Carrie , Carrie isnt her daughter. Sami is remoresful of what she did and as a mom I couldnt just say I dont forgive you this time that would be very wrong and damaging to your child even if they are growen up and are a adult.

Yeah, Marlena has always irked me the way she isn't there 100% for Sami, only for Belle and goody-goody (haha!) Carrie. Marlena should love Sami unconditionally and support her! Remember, Marlena wasn't always nice to Brady, but for some reason she always was just peachy to little miss Carrie, gag.

#3   2006/10/23 11:42AM
    wendell21

Quote cbrady: Look I understand Sami messed up tons of times before but I just cant believe how Marlena treated Sami come on she is her flesh and blood Carrie isnt it sounds like Marlena always favered Carrie , Carrie isnt her daughter. Sami is remoresful of what she did and as a mom I couldnt just say I dont forgive you this time that would be very wrong and damaging to your child even if they are growen up and are a adult.

I agree, i would NEVER tell my kids that i dont forgive them. Lying is one thing, if she was a serial killer(and not brainwashed into being one/against her will )then that would be a bit different(unforgivable). Marlena i think has always thought of Carrie as more of the daughter she always wanted and Sami just the "bad apple" that everyone puts up with. Sometimes tough love is required but im not so sure that this was it. Who else can top a Mothers love for her child, NO ONE. Marlena get a grip, step up be a real mom try to help your kid with their problems not wash your hands of them.

#4   2006/10/23 12:27PM
    Natalie

Marlena lOves Sami she is just tired of her blaming everyone for her problems. I say GOOD for Marlena for telling that to Sami. Maybe Sami will grow up.

#5   2006/10/23 12:59PM
    wendell21

maybe if everyone would keep their opinions to themselves and their noses in their own business, and STOP trying to manipulate Sami then she would actually be able to change her ways. it seems like everytime she sincerely tries to be a good person, some one comes along and sabatoges her attempts(ie:KATE).

#6   2006/10/23 01:04PM
    Chrissi

I'm kind of with you, wendell21. Sami is a grown woman who doesn't have to ask for anyone's forgiveness but those directly involved, in my opinion.

I was shocked to the bone when Marlena didn't forgive her, but I see this as paving the way for Sami to grow up a little bit. I think it will be good for Sami.

I don't think Marlena has washed her hands of Sami though .. and I think that time heals wounds. At this point, I would't have forgiven Sami for hurting Carrie the way she did either. It takes time!

#7   2006/10/23 06:34PM
    bearrie

I don't know if "Marlena has always favored Carrie". I seriously doubt that's true. I was over the moon when Marlena said that she would not forgive Sami and that she could not look at her. Go MOM!! It seems to me that if no one else, Mom always has that ability to whack some sense of shame into their child. Lord KNOWS Sami needs that good shove, and maybe her mom and dad NOT forgiving her for this latest fiasco would be just the thing for Sami. This and EJ. Having EJ watch Sami attempting to be good might work some magic on him and cause him to falter in his vendetta. Sami, while helping EJ get over his anger towards her family would see just how miserable it is always trying to bring misery to people. Sami and EJ could bring out the better of each other.

#8   2006/10/23 07:00PM
    Serena

Quote bearrie: I don't know if "Marlena has always favored Carrie". I seriously doubt that's true. I was over the moon when Marlena said that she would not forgive Sami and that she could not look at her. Go MOM!! It seems to me that if no one else, Mom always has that ability to whack some sense of shame into their child. Lord KNOWS Sami needs that good shove, and maybe her mom and dad NOT forgiving her for this latest fiasco would be just the thing for Sami. This and EJ. Having EJ watch Sami attempting to be good might work some magic on him and cause him to falter in his vendetta. Sami, while helping EJ get over his anger towards her family would see just how miserable it is always trying to bring misery to people. Sami and EJ could bring out the better of each other.

So why is it then Marlena never whacked sense into Belle or Carrie, she was rude for a time to Brady- but come on do we really believe this could be good for EJ, he is a Dimera after all- I am thinking if any Dimera is good, it will be Benjy, and I hope they let him battle the evil that the Dimera family has always represented. And, by the way, Sami has had plenty of shoves, just not positive ones.
    Oh, it is fine for a mum to show tough love, but show it equally, they all deserve it if any, and Marlena really isn't always the best example herself.

#9   2006/10/23 07:34PM
    bearrie

Sorry, but both Carrie and Belle never needed the tough love the way Sami does. I'm not saying that either Belle or Carrie are perfect angels by any means. That they are not. Sami does her own thing not caring what it does to others. As long as it goes HER way, then it's all good. No! That's not how it works. Just because you think you had a bad childhood, it does not give you card blanche to wreak havoc on every body else, and justify it by saying you were abandoned as a child by your parents. Eric went through the same thing you did and he's just fine. Sami tried to SELL her baby sister Belle when she found out that Belle is only her half sister. Neither Carrie Nor Belle has EVER tried to pull a stunt like that.

#10   2006/10/23 07:37PM
    bearrie

As far as being a Dimera goes, Let's not forget that Lexi is a Dimera and she's (for the most part) okay. Being a Dimera does not always equal evil.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list