List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Chad DiMera

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chad DiMera

Started by stjarna at 2012/12/02 03:59AM
    Latest post: 2014/06/19 03:44PM, Views: 62962, Replies: 876
    « 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 » »| page:
    #651   2013/08/16 10:26AM
    Re: Chad DiMera
    HouseTops

Quote allmylovingdays: Poor Chad you are closer to needing the new gal the new PT then your brother -you are single and available and still they toss the new gal to your handsome brother.

Its too bad they never went to CHILL!!! I loved the idea of it.

Ugh, you know that would have be wrong on so many levels!!

has got to go!!

#652   2013/08/17 10:25PM
    Caylee12

MICHAEL:
    When you meet the fans Casey, what do they ask you the most?
    CASEY:
    I can imagine the most asked questions this time will be, “Why am I leaving the show?”
    MICHAEL:
    We the viewers don’t know if Chad is actually dying of a brain tumor, or not. The way this went down on Days of our Lives, we did not see what the doctor told him. Can you confirm this?
    CHANDLER:
    We don’t even know if he has a brain, let alone a tumor! (Laughs)
    CASEY:
    You don’t know, and that is why people will have to keep watching to find out and tune in.
    MICHAEL:
    How was your last day on the set?
    CASEY:
    It was a pretty emotional day. My last scenes were shot with James Scott (EJ) and Kate Mansi (Abigail). They were so wonderful to work with. I have worked with them for the last four and half years. It was really hard, and I went into that final day thinking it would be really hard, and it turned out to be really hard to get through the scenes. I am happy I got to work with those two on my last day.
    MICHAEL:
    Fans were not happy, Casey, to hear that you are leaving. When you leave a role in soaps it’s different than when you step away from a role in any other medium.
    BLAKE:
    What is cool with soaps is that it’s a sort of strange phenomenon, that you get to witness on television, where the person who has actually been on the show for a long time (and you rarely gets this on primetime television) is leaving the show. And, if for example, your character is leaving town it’s like this coinciding thing where you actually get to say goodbye to everyone on camera. Soaps are very good at capitalizing on it, which is a cool thing to witness … somebody actually saying goodbye to someone and doing it on camera. It has a heightened reality to it.
    MICHAEL:
    Casey, were you happy with your exit story?
    CASEY:
    The writers did the exit storyline justice.
    MICHAEL:
    And Chandler, as of now you will be exiting soon at the end of the year!
    CHANDLER:
    The second week in December is when my contract is up. I am looking forward to having a couple of weeks to go home and have Christmas with my family. I think they will recast the role. I think the reason the fans are attached to me is that they are attached to the character of Will. As long as Will and Sonny are still there, it will be OK.
    MICHAEL:
    Are you really ready to step away from this popular role of Will Horton, in which you have won two consecutive Daytime Emmys?
    CHANDLER:
    Recently, I had to shoot three episodes in a row, and that was 23 scenes. Honestly, if my answer is “Yes. I am ready to step away from the show,” I think it’s because, as much as I love it and everyone there are my friends and like family, I have been on there for four years… And, (a) I want to go to school, and (b) if I want to grow further as an actor. I need a situation where I have weeks not days and hours to look at a script. Maybe I am shooting two or three scenes a day where I can discover and explore, rather than 23 scenes in day where you are just basically trying to keep your head above water and trying to remember your lines.
    MICHAEL
    Do you think that actors, producers and writers who are not in soaps, understand the exhaustive nature of it?

BLAKE:

I think people acknowledge it.

CHANDLER:

Would you agree that with your work on a soap, that what airs in a way, is what could be your worst work? I feel like the first time you do a scene, it could be great, but …

BLAKE:

Courtesy/NBC

I have different feelings on that. Sometimes when I do a movie, and you do have time to do things over and over, there is a feeling as an actor that it gets better every time, or potentially it can get better every time. But, often I think there is magic to the first time you do it in front of people. There is sense of it happening for the first time. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I see both. I see work where I watch myself and say, “I could have done that so much better if I had four more takes.” And, sometimes I see things where I go, “Wow, that was so spontaneous. I don’t know if I could re-create that.”

JEN:

When I was growing up, I always thought soap opera actors had Teleprompters. I think that is a common misperception. I think people don’t realize we don’t do that anymore. Well, I hide my scripts when I am in Theresa’s apartment. I hide them behind the cushions on the couch, and hopefully get to look at them in between scenes.

CHANDLER:

I tape them to Freddie Smith’s (Sonny) forehead, and rip them off every time I have to talk to him in a scene, and put it back up and say my lines! (Laughs)

CASEY:
    I leave all my scripts on the floor near the cameras!

BLAKE:
    That’s why he seems so ancy all the time, and so amazing! He is actually just looking at the floor at his lines!

MICHAEL:
    Have all the men here had the opportunity to work with Jen Lilley since she started at DAYS?

JEN:
    Blake and I only got to work together once, and the audience is digging us, and it’s not going to happen.

CHANDLER:
    You both place nutso characters. That would be great!

BLAKE:
    Our producer Lisa de Cazotte said, “I think if you two paired up, it would be like Bonnie and Clyde.”

JEN:
    You know, at our Atlanta event we are silent auctioning off sex with Blake! (Laughs)

BLAKE:
    Protective, of course! (Laughs)

CHANDLER:
    Well, my experience working with Jen Lilley was fun, and brief on DAYS. She comes up and is super drugged in a scene … as Theresa, of course. (Laughs)

JEN:
    I am at this club, and I am looking for someone who is my date, and I am high as a kite.

CHANDLER:
    And she says, “Hey!”

MICHAEL:
    Theresa was at a gay club?

JEN:

No! But I am not opposed to that! I think before Chandler leaves the show, we should do a love train with me and Freddie!

CHANDLER:
    We are related though!

JEN:

I know, but there is a way it could be situated. It would be Chandler, Freddie, and Jen. I am talking about a dancing love train in a gay club. I don’t know where you guys minds are going? (Laughs) Come to our event to see all of this zaniness!

MICHAEL:

You know, at one point, I originally thought they were going to kill-off Nick Fallon! I thought there was a murder story “whodunit coming”! Did you?

BLAKE:

I did, too! I think if I did not extend my contract they were going to have Nick blow his brains out, or something.

MICHAEL:

Chandler, why is Will jealous of Brent … and worried about him and Sonny? I don’t recall Will acting this way prior to this.

CHANDLER:

I think when you are on a soap opera there needs to be drama, and if there is not an obvious source of drama, they have to create it by creating character flaws. So they have made Will very insecure, and now he has some angst.

MICHAEL:
    Casey, what do you think of working with Kate Mansi? Do you think she was one of your favorite female scene partners over your time at DAYS?

CASEY:
    Over the last six or seven months, Kate Mansi and I became really close friends, and any time I get a chance to work with her it’s a blessing.

BLAKE:
    We were hoping we could be love interests, but I think there is a familial thing, because Abby and Nick are cousins!

MICHAEL:
    Jen, how are the fans responding to your new Salem bad girl, Theresa?

JEN:
    I am shocked. The DAYS fans have been amazing and loving her. One review I saw was, “She is deliciously naughty,” which I liked. I am super grateful, because my feedback was so harsh my first time around on a soap, when I was on GH.

MICHAEL:
    What is this rumor about there being a doppelganger for Nick?

BLAKE:
    Yeah, I found this out through the fans of the show, and it has been out there. They told me a casting call went out, and I am very excited to see who this person is!

CHANDLER:
    If there is a casting call for a “Blake Berris look-alike,” you know you have made it!

MICHAEL:
    They’re not going to have you play a dual role?

BLAKE:
    No, he is not supposed to look exactly like me, but apparently it confuses people! (Laughs)

MICHAEL:

Well, you know what they did with Rafe? He had a doppelganger, but Galen Gering (Rafe) played both roles!

CHANDLER:

Photo Credit: Jenn Hoffman

Rafe 2! It was ripped straight from the headlines. Stefano and EJ kidnapped the real Rafe. Then they had someone get plastic surgery to look like the real Rafe. They put him in Rafe’s place. So Rafe 2 would go live and have sex with Sami, meanwhile the real Rafe is in the prison. It was fun for Galen. And I had to go, “Rafe, you are acting strange. You are not the Rafe that I know.”

JEN:

I want to have a split personality on the show, because Theresa is mentally so unstable, and she is Kimberly’s (Patsy Pease) daughter who battled with mental illness.

MICHAEL:
    Casey, did you feel that DAYS did not delve into enough, and explore, the fact that Chad is a DiMera?

CASEY:
    They kind of shelved Chad for a little bit, and put him on the back burner for awhile. They could have done so much with EJ and my character. I feel like I missed an opportunity to work with James Scott a lot, and I also loved Chad working with Will and Sonny, that got dropped, too.
    CHANDLER:
    I understand as fast as we have to put things up, the writers have to write them. They are not perfect. We only have 38 minutes a day to tell all the story we want to tell. We have 22 minutes of commercials. It is a shame. I really wished I could have worked more with Casey.

BLAKE:
    I always felt unresolved about our story. We had this great rivalry going. They have this great set up at Nick and Gabi’s wedding, and Nick threatens Chad and says, “You won’t even see me coming!”
    MICHAEL:
    What happened with that?
    BLAKE:
    Well, he just never saw me coming, because I didn’t come. (Laughs) Those shows were fantastic. Those were some of my favorite episodes.

MICHAEL:
    What has been each of your favorite scenes so far on DAYS, off the top of your head?

THERESA:
    The café scene with Daniel …where Theresa gets a twinge in her back.

CHANDLER:
    My very first scene! My first line was “Huh?” with Taylor Spreitler, who played Mia. It was a glorious entrance. (Laughs)

BLAKE:
    I think the wedding episode was the best episode! I loved all the stuff with Chandler on the island, where Nick had to come to terms with everything that happened to him. It was exhausting, but very fulfilling.

CHANDLER:
    I had a great opportunity to hide behind a cabinet or something, and just watch Blake pour his heart out to this creepy murderer guy. It was some of my favorite scenes from DAYS that I have ever seen. My God, Blake was amazing!

CASEY:
    The wedding stuff was cool, like Blake said. I got tackled at the alter, and I got to ruin a wedding! (Laughs) My last scenes that I shot were very fulfilling for me as an actor.
    MICHAEL:
    Will we need hankies?
    CASEY:
    If you are fans of mine or Chad, you might.

JEN:
    If you are not a fan of Casey yet, then come to Atlanta or Chicago, and I will make you one!
    CHANDLER:
    Come, it will be really fun! I am from Atlanta and I will bring my grandparents, and so you can come meet them, too.
    MICHAEL:
    Have you all been to Atlanta and Chicago before?
    BLAKE:
    I have never been in Chicago before, and I am very excited to go there!
    JEN:
    The last time I went to Chicago, the fans were so awesome there. So, I am looking forward to seeing them again!
    MICHAEL:
    The big final question: Do you think the four of you will all get along sharing hotel rooms, and hanging out together for three days straight? (Laughs)

BLAKE:
    Oh, I doubt it.

CASEY:
    I give us ten minutes tops!

CHANDLER:
    Two of us are going to be dead.

JEN:
    I am easy going … until we get there! (Laughs) But come and join us, and see Chandler and Casey at their last hurrah!

#653   2013/08/18 01:25AM
    Rosieroserson

Thank you, Cayle12, that was very interesting! We knew Casey was leaving, and now we know for sure Chandler is leaving. Are there going to be any young people on this show at all?

#654   2013/08/18 01:40AM
    stjarna

Thanks Caylee.

I took this out of the interview as this is what we were ranting about so long... they could have done so much with Chad!
    Makes me wonder if he decided to leave cos he was not getting more stuff to do. Hm...
    He and EJ could have had a great storylines, involving Chad more into the business and become his confidante...
    Casey will be missed big time!!!

CASEY:
    They kind of shelved Chad for a little bit, and put him on the back burner for awhile. They could have done so much with EJ and my character. I feel like I missed an opportunity to work with James Scott a lot, and I also loved Chad working with Will and Sonny, that got dropped too.

#655   2013/08/19 06:04AM
    allmylovingdays

Thanks Caylee I didn't read the whole article I saw it was tweeted and posted it over on Wilson thread but didn't read it. I read some comments about the 23 scenes that Chandler mentioned and thought wow no wonder both him and ED need a break.

#656   2013/08/23 06:47AM
    allmylovingdays

Sigh I dint want to believe you are faking it but little things you have said lately lead me to believe its to get abs. And baby she isn't worth it

#657   2013/08/23 06:49AM
    allmylovingdays

I loved you and EJ both of you united against pops is what I wished they had used you in more sibling scenes. I loved you also with Kristen on weds.

I hope they recast but there will never be another Casey

#658   2013/08/23 07:33AM
    Caylee12

Quote allmylovingdays: Sigh I dint want to believe you are faking it but little things you have said lately lead me to believe its to get abs. And baby she isn't worth it

I'm not sure that he's faking it, I'm with you some things just don't feel right about this situation. i think he has a mass in his brain but I'm not sure if it's fatal.

I'm going back to with he went to talk to the doctor, to me the doctor knew it was bad just from the look on his face. We know he's going to be on for several episodes, so that's one reason I think it's real.

That day at the pub with Sonny Will and Brent, he seemed in his own world and a little sad when he was walking with the baby hat. Heck, even his out of the blue desire to return a baby's hat seemed a little like he was sad and sort of doing little things he may not get another chance to do, like see Arianna.

If it's real then he's not coping with the diagnosis at all.

#659   2013/08/25 08:00AM
    allmylovingdays

Ok callee I have to ask your input. I know you caught some of the photos of Casey in Chicago -why the hat??????

#660   2013/08/25 03:59PM
    HouseTops

Still think Chad will have a brain operation and wake up "a new man" and remember his love for Gabi!!

« 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list