List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Rating are Down 1.8

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Rating are Down 1.8

Started by diehardAW at 2012/11/19 12:53PM
    Latest post: 2012/11/24 02:14PM, Views: 1173, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2012/11/19 12:53PM
    Rating are Down 1.8
    diehardAW

DAYS rating keep going down. I do wonder why?

#2   2012/11/19 01:11PM
    Re: Rating are Down 1.8
    days78

Quote diehardAW: DAYS rating keep going down. I do wonder why?

Days has been at around a 1.8 for several years now. For a nano second it went up to a 2.0 but went right back down.

I've used the word layers for years now also. That is what has been missing from the show. Interwoven characters and s/l that cross over each other.
    The only s/l even remotely being written like that is the gay one. And even that s/l missed out on several layers that could have been added. Will thought Austin was his dad for years and lived with him and Carrie, yet there was no interaction. Jack was Sonny's uncle, yet they never interacted and he barely had a conversation with his sister Addriene the entire time he was back on the canvas.

Back in the day the story was intricate in it's relationships and people over lapped, most s/l now are isolated.... and that's the biggest problem of the show - IMO

#3   2012/11/19 04:04PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote diehardAW: DAYS rating keep going down. I do wonder why?

Some things just don't change - these writers and the recent ones of that last decade or so (with the exception of the group prior to this latest crowd) has absolutely NO connection to the foundation of DAYS and it's established characters. They've tried to push the established ones out by totally & completely replacing them with newbies (or the ones THEY'VE selected but not necessarily the ones the audience prefers) but they only write for THEIR faves regardless of what they mean to DAYS & it's history. There needs to not only be balance & connection to the present characters but they need to relate at some point with DAYS' history (and the TRUE history of the characters). These writers haven't done that - the ones just prior to this group tried to reconnect by bringing back recognizable faves and rebuild them & clean up/repair the devastating damage the crowd before them had done (which was bring the show to the bottom for the first time ever) - they got fired and here we are back to square one with the destroying crowd. There's no wonder the ratings still roll on the bottom!

#4   2012/11/20 09:47AM
    EpicFail

they've actually been lower in the last couple of years - I've seen them down to 1.6. I think 1.8 is about average for this show - anything around 2.0 is considered high.

#5   2012/11/20 11:20AM
    Kimaaa3

Well one reason is because General Hospital has been on fire lately bringing back old characters and their story lines have been flowing at a much faster pace.. no waiting for the cliff hangers anymore also they are acknowledging older storylines that were long forgotten and making them flow with today SL. If Days can get back to that they may give GH a run for their money.

#6   2012/11/20 11:43AM
    EpicFail

does GH and DOOL compete in the same time slot?

#7   2012/11/20 12:08PM
    Kimaaa3

Quote EpicFail: does GH and DOOL compete in the same time slot?

I know that in the west coast they come on around the same time. I dvr both around 1 p.m.

#8   2012/11/20 01:23PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote EpicFail: they've actually been lower in the last couple of years - I've seen them down to 1.6. I think 1.8 is about average for this show - anything around 2.0 is considered high.

It's very sad that 2.0 is "considered high" - not a very good standard for a show that had such a loyal, established audience they just pushed aside. If the writers would write stories that appealed to the whole audience - some new ones gradually while they utilized the POPULAR vets the FANS like (not just the writers' choices) - and paid any attention to what the fans were asking of them - BALANCE (GH seems to get it) - these ratings would be much higher than even that "2.0" which is a really low bar for DAYS. DAYS always had a situated audience but they left because they couldn't relate anymore and got humiliated with much of what the writers forced & they haven't listened to what had the best chance of bringing them back - the writers have remained arrogant & stubborn - and it keeps NOT paying off!

#9   2012/11/20 04:27PM
    Friendly88

:~ Days maintains a rating between 1.6
    and a 1.9.Its when days can manage
    a sparkling 2.0.Compared to the ratings
    now a 2.0 is considered good.

#10   2012/11/20 04:40PM
    IheartWilSon

Even primetime ratings are dropping across the stations, time slots and genres. It's very strange. I started noticing it about a year ago and it's getting worse.

I think it's because there are more ways to view the shows, for instance, online. The problem is that the ratings on air are important because that's what determines the price advertizers are willing to pay.

I don't know about daytime, but primetime is now competing with more TV series on cable networks.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list