List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Peter Reckell

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Peter Reckell

Started by daysofold at 2012/06/13 07:43AM
    Latest post: 2012/06/15 08:10AM, Views: 3829, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2012/06/13 11:23AM
    Re: Peter Reckell
    LuvBoHope

Quote CindyHaskins: I am a huge fan of kristian alfonso.i have to say that i would rather have hope stay on days of our lives and have bo leave the show for good.kristian alfonso loves her job on days of our lives and doesnt want to leave the show.

I'm a HUGE fan of Kristian Alphonso as well - understand she's a beautiful person inside & out in real life and I adore Hope and ALL her incredible traits!! However, to me personally, on this show I just don't think I could enjoy either of the two without the other simply because of their status on the show as one of the all-time greatest couples on TV - they're my reason for watching, so I can't see DAYS staying interesting to me losing this legendary supercouple!! Most anywhere you go if you mention DAYS OF OUR LIVES people comment on Bo & Hope - they're so recognizable to everyone! I honestly don't think DAYS will survive this hit!

#12   2012/06/13 02:04PM
    monson2002

Quote Ruby7370: He has left and come back many times. Bo was even recast at one point. He'll be back again.

I wonder if he'll return to the show or not I mean Renee
    ( Lexie ) made it perfectly clear that she didn't want to
    be brought back from the dead .

#13   2012/06/13 04:46PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote monson2002:
    Quote Ruby7370: He has left and come back many times. Bo was even recast at one point. He'll be back again.

First of all, Peter has not "left & come back MANY times"! He left once years ago to do Knots Landing - don't think there've been any other departures by him - Kristian left once to do Falcon's Crest (both nighttime soaps) - so it's not like they've left & returned a LOT. He got recast years ago & Bo was paired with Billie at that time. Can't see that happening now either & don't see him returning again (besides, the show won't last much longer after this hit - they're BARELY hanging on now & he has a BUNCH of fans), so this is a very serious decision the show is making. Personally, I think it's a HUGE risk and they won't survive - we'll see how it plays out! Not sure what Peter has in mind for himself, but that won't affect those of us who watch DAYS. I know I won't be watching when he goes because MY interest was Bo & Hope - just MY choice because they WERE the best imo & DAYS has no appeal without them!!!!

#14   2012/06/13 05:48PM
    majorbopefan

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote monson2002:

First of all, Peter has not "left & come back MANY times"! He left once years ago to do Knots Landing - don't think there've been any other departures by him - Kristian left once to do Falcon's Crest (both nighttime soaps) - so it's not like they've left & returned a LOT. He got recast years ago & Bo was paired with Billie at that time. Can't see that happening now either & don't see him returning again (besides, the show won't last much longer after this hit - they're BARELY hanging on now & he has a BUNCH of fans), so this is a very serious decision the show is making. Personally, I think it's a HUGE risk and they won't survive - we'll see how it plays out! Not sure what Peter has in mind for himself, but that won't affect those of us who watch DAYS. I know I won't be watching when he goes because MY interest was Bo & Hope - just MY choice because they WERE the best imo & DAYS has no appeal without them!!!!

Well I'm a little late responding to all this. I am shocked to hear this. I really thought they would of worked something out. I have been taping the show but with the little airtime that BOPE have had I haven't really been watching and there hasn't been anything on the message boards till now. I am so upset over the possible departure. I just wish that Peter could of hung on till the show got cancelled. I mean how are they going to write him out...I have no clue. I will not continue to watch this show with his departure. Like you, LuvBoHope, I do not like one without the other. They are both great actors but need to be together in my opinion. I am so sad right now. I can't believe that after all these years the last major s/l with these two was with all the Carly bullcrap and nighttime Hope trying to kill Bo. What a shame and what a waste of a spectacular supercouple. We go from BOPE celebrating their 25 year marriage to him having an affair on her. Wow, can't believe that's what Im gonna remember about these two. I just can't believe he is going to leave. I understand it is a money thing but I wish Peter could just stay a little longer for the fans. What else is he gonna do really. Ughh I just can't believe this. Lets just see how they are going to screw this up now....how are they gonna write him out...something real stupid Im sure. Totally disappointed. Im really kind of mad at Peter too. I know its selfish but wow....do you really have to leave, do you have other offers just knockin on your door. Maybe he does, I don't know. Can't believe this is happening

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/06/13 05:50PM
    #15   2012/06/13 05:57PM
    monson2002

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote monson2002:

Ok first off I was agreeing with Ruby7370 on the fact that he left before and it was twice he was on from 1983-1987
    and returned in 1990 and left in 1992 and second I bet he will return later actors and actress' have left the show before and come back but it all depends on the actors and actress' if they want to return .

#16   2012/06/13 06:05PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote monson2002:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote monson2002:

Ok first off I was agreeing with Ruby7370 on the fact that he left before and it was twice he was on from 1983-1987
    and returned in 1990 and left in 1992 and second I bet he will return later actors and actress' have left the show before and come back but it all depends on the actors and actress' if they want to return .

You may be right about his leaving twice - still a huge difference in leaving "MANY" times and coming back. THIS particular time is ALL the difference in the world, however, with the show BARELY hanging on for life. Doubt if Peter has it in his mind to ever "return" again with this departure and I doubt VERY seriously if there would be this show to return to anyway. It may have been cancelled soon anyway because of the set-in low ratings they can't seem to climb out of, but with a character as popular as Bo being let go it is highly doubtful DAYS will survive after this imo!

#17   2012/06/13 08:16PM
    Bricole

Who would be left for Hope to date? No chemistry with Abe and Roman doesn't seem her type. All of the other guys are too young for her. One person seems groomed to take Bo's place and just reinstated as a police officer and will also be missing any potential love interests. But having Hope date him would just seem too desperate. If Bo leaves, Hope should go too. I don't want her character destroyed like the single Jennifer was.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/06/13 08:18PM
    #18   2012/06/14 12:14AM
    SKD84

Quote daysofold: All but confirmed...Peter is leaving. Its all over twitter. Well, TPTB have finally done it. They've lost a 30 year viewer, not that it's that big a deal...the show will be cancelled soon. I wish Peter well. I just can't understand why Kristian would stay?

Yep, I was 15 years old when I first started watching this show in the 80s . Bo, Hope, Roman, Patch and Stefano were the main reasons I loved it and they were what made it interesting and fun; it was actually cool then. The other 80s cast all fleshed it out well too.

This show has lost it's center and foundation completely. They made a good restart of it, but now they don't want to follow thru and give the only real vets. left good enough story-lines for long.

Since Peter Reckell is leaving, and Stefano, my interest is waning considerably. If even one more of the (whom I consider)classic Days actors leave I won't give it another look again. I gave it another chance this time , but they seem determined to screw that up.

I would rather see it die than limp along.

#19   2012/06/14 01:25AM
    elijahsgotit

Quote kyle fish:
    Quote alwaysEJ: Whose decision was this? Did he want to leave, like RJ (Lexi), or was he fired?

Either way, I will miss Bo, & I shudder to think what they might be planning for Hope now. I'd love to think Peter/Bo will be back, BUT I don't know how much longer this show has. Maybe when they film the last eppy, Peter will return as Bo so he & Hope can ride off into the sunset together. It would seem wrong for it to end any other way. I think a recast of Bo would be a terrible idea at this point. I like RKK, but Peter is Bo.

You are right will miss Bo/Peter wonder if BO will turn out to be Steffy's killer?

Steffy would first have to actually be dead in order for Bo to be his killer

#20   2012/06/14 06:17AM
    allmylovingdays

I couldn't believe it. Maybe didn't Jay do this once a few years back he walked off the set and he even packed up his things only to come back. I agree with majorbopefan that I am ticked at Peter too, look at Brian he wasn't offered a contract a few years ago and left and I never understood why he didn't just hang in there like so many others, John, Renee, Joe all proved if you wait and see and just work when they want you to -there is always that chance that brilliance can be found and they will get more airtime. So just maybe they will offer him that contract and he will rethink about leaving.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list