List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: The "Sami and EJ" thread. (Free from character bashing!)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The "Sami and EJ" thread. (Free from character bashing!)

Started by Chrissi at 2007/08/08 11:48AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/22 07:00PM, Views: 6622766, Replies: 23907
    « 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 » »| page:
    #20641   2013/07/13 07:03AM
    Re: The
    Moms Days

Quote wwwwww:
    Quote Moms Days:
    Quote Rosieroserson:
    Quote Moms Days:
    Quote ej and sami: Ejami are the hottest power couple on this show.I can't believe it took this writer's seven years to put them together what was they thinking. sami love's Ej bad side. They are days powercouple.

Actually they had to get new writers to be able to put them together. Ken Corday wanted Safe and it took a new writing team and a lot of persuasion to allow them to be able to put Ejami together as a real couple. Love, Love, Love the result. Yesterday was wonderful with them both standing their ground in the fight and in the love making.

I remember you saying that Corday was old school. How do you know that it was Corday who wanted Safe and not someone else? Didn't GT originally create the character Rafe? And GT is on the writing team now, right?!
    If Corday wanted Safe, who persuaded him into changing his opinion!?
    I apologise for bombarding you with all of these questions, Moms Days, but I'm just a bit curious and confused

Who ever made them or him change their/his mind about Ejami should be rewarded with a big bonus they hit the gold mine!!!

GT may have been the one who created and loved Safe. I might be wrong, but when you read interviews with Ken Corday you get the impression he is not a fan of Ejami. He likes to pimp his favorite couples. In his latest interview with Michael Fairman he said, "being the traditionalist on the show, and being the one producing it for over 30 years, I have to be careful. I constantly have to keep myself in check with the other producers and writers, that I am just not resting on my laurels and saying, “Well, I just want to see John and Marlena, Bo and Hope, and Jennifer and Daniel all the time.” When you do that, there is nothing that is refreshing for the audience. They need to see new things happen, and that is the advantage of having really good producers and writers around who are honest sounding boards. They will tell me, “That may have worked ten years ago, Ken. But we really want to try this.” I would say, Michael, that 90% of the time their instincts are correct, and I back-off and I go, “OK. Let’s go for it!”

The new writers that started last August are the ones who really wanted EJami and they were finally allowed to write for them. KC knows Ejami is "Gold" and because the ratings are up he has to let them be a couple but if you read the entire article KC sounds pretty negative about them being together long term.

I think Ken Corday will let Ejami have a good couple of years together but I don't see him letting them be endgame but I could be wrong James and Alison work good together. I think EJ will be the next Stefano and will always have a good story since he's a villain. He's not Rafe he can have good story without Sami even though most fans would prefer he stays with her. As for Sami not really sure I think the writers are going to eventually make her go back with Rafe. I just don't think Ken is going to keep Ejami together forever because of the rape and her shooting him in the head. It's bad publicity for them I guess in a way and offends a lot of fans. I don't think he's even made up his mind who Sami and EJ's endgames are.

I think ultimately it is all about the ratings. If the ratings stay strong or improve when they are the predominant story we will have EJami. The ratings were horrible through the Safe period so I think that is why they are bringing on someone new for to see if they can find someone else for him that maybe there will be some excitement for. Right now the ratings are getting stronger all the time so I think we get to have angst for our couple but they are keeping them as a couple. Unfortunately soaps do not believe in happily ever after but as long as the ratings are there they will keep causing stress and trouble but then reunite them.

The one thing that gives me hope is that there are a tremendous amount of new viewers who are watching Days now. They are not invested in Ejami's long term history because they did not watch then. There are a few Lumi/Safe fans who keep bringing it up but ultimately more and more people are getting behind Ejami. Days is promoting them like crazy and you see them on commercials, Jay Leno, Soapnet Facebook promo, Lots of SOD articles, etc.

#20642   2013/07/13 07:30AM
    ej and sami

Ejami was great this week. I watch Thursday episode so many times on YouTube. I glad Sami finally admit she love's Ej ruthless side. There are Days dark powercouple. It seems like everyday ejami getting new fans too the show. There are hottest couple right now. I hope this week ejami have another great.

Spolier Adrienne gives video to the police's I can't stand that women she needs to mind her own business. Sami never did anything to Adrienne this women is pain in butt. I hope Sonny and Justin never speak too her again.

#20643   2013/07/13 08:23AM
    tariro

Quote Moms Days:
    Quote wwwwww:
    Quote Moms Days:
    Quote Rosieroserson:
    Quote Moms Days:
    Quote ej and sami: Ejami are the hottest power couple on this show.I can't believe it took this writer's seven years to put them together what was they thinking. sami love's Ej bad side. They are days powercouple.

Actually they had to get new writers to be able to put them together. Ken Corday wanted Safe and it took a new writing team and a lot of persuasion to allow them to be able to put Ejami together as a real couple. Love, Love, Love the result. Yesterday was wonderful with them both standing their ground in the fight and in the love making.

I remember you saying that Corday was old school. How do you know that it was Corday who wanted Safe and not someone else? Didn't GT originally create the character Rafe? And GT is on the writing team now, right?!
    If Corday wanted Safe, who persuaded him into changing his opinion!?
    I apologise for bombarding you with all of these questions, Moms Days, but I'm just a bit curious and confused

Who ever made them or him change their/his mind about Ejami should be rewarded with a big bonus they hit the gold mine!!!

GT may have been the one who created and loved Safe. I might be wrong, but when you read interviews with Ken Corday you get the impression he is not a fan of Ejami. He likes to pimp his favorite couples. In his latest interview with Michael Fairman he said, "being the traditionalist on the show, and being the one producing it for over 30 years, I have to be careful. I constantly have to keep myself in check with the other producers and writers, that I am just not resting on my laurels and saying, “Well, I just want to see John and Marlena, Bo and Hope, and Jennifer and Daniel all the time.” When you do that, there is nothing that is refreshing for the audience. They need to see new things happen, and that is the advantage of having really good producers and writers around who are honest sounding boards. They will tell me, “That may have worked ten years ago, Ken. But we really want to try this.” I would say, Michael, that 90% of the time their instincts are correct, and I back-off and I go, “OK. Let’s go for it!”

The new writers that started last August are the ones who really wanted EJami and they were finally allowed to write for them. KC knows Ejami is "Gold" and because the ratings are up he has to let them be a couple but if you read the entire article KC sounds pretty negative about them being together long term.

I think Ken Corday will let Ejami have a good couple of years together but I don't see him letting them be endgame but I could be wrong James and Alison work good together. I think EJ will be the next Stefano and will always have a good story since he's a villain. He's not Rafe he can have good story without Sami even though most fans would prefer he stays with her. As for Sami not really sure I think the writers are going to eventually make her go back with Rafe. I just don't think Ken is going to keep Ejami together forever because of the rape and her shooting him in the head. It's bad publicity for them I guess in a way and offends a lot of fans. I don't think he's even made up his mind who Sami and EJ's endgames are.

I think ultimately it is all about the ratings. If the ratings stay strong or improve when they are the predominant story we will have EJami. The ratings were horrible through the Safe period so I think that is why they are bringing on someone new for to see if they can find someone else for him that maybe there will be some excitement for. Right now the ratings are getting stronger all the time so I think we get to have angst for our couple but they are keeping them as a couple. Unfortunately soaps do not believe in happily ever after but as long as the ratings are there they will keep causing stress and trouble but then reunite them.
    The one thing that gives me hope is that there are a tremendous amount of new viewers who are watching Days now. They are not invested in Ejami's long term history because they did not watch then. There are a few Lumi/Safe fans who keep bringing it up but ultimately more and more people are getting behind Ejami. Days is promoting them like crazy and you see them on commercials, Jay Leno, Soapnet Facebook promo, Lots of SOD articles, etc.

I think these days its about the ratings too and I would consider myself to be one of the newer viewers (started watching again in 2012) who doesn't care as much about the past ,just their current chemistry. I also agree that soap writers don't believe in happy ever after ,all soap couples break up for a while and get a bit of angst but as long as both characters are still onscreen and somehow connected (like EJami always have been by Johnny and Sidney and their own undeniable chemistry) and still have vocal fans they always reunite.

#20644   2013/07/13 08:49AM
    stjarna

:D Ejami will always get back together, so they can just leave them be- I don't think Ejamis will mind, do you? LOL- those who dislike Ejami don't really care, do they?

So, with Stefano's portrait down and Ejami portrait up- says times are changing!

I also like that Philip returns so we would have Kiriakis- DiMera war, why not- it would be interesting new dynamic!!!

Justin to be DiMera lawyer- uh!!!
    And Ejami reign supreme!!!

#20645   2013/07/13 10:05AM
    tariro

Quote stjarna: Ejami will always get back together, so they can just leave them be- I don't think Ejamis will mind, do you? LOL- those who dislike Ejami don't really care, do they?

So, with Stefano's portrait down and Ejami portrait up- says times are changing!

I also like that Philip returns so we would have Kiriakis- DiMera war, why not- it would be interesting new dynamic!!!

@stjarna every time you change you avatar I feel its time to change mine ,watch this space!

#20646   2013/07/13 01:15PM
    Moms Days

Quote tariro:
    Quote stjarna: Ejami will always get back together, so they can just leave them be- I don't think Ejamis will mind, do you? LOL- those who dislike Ejami don't really care, do they?

@stjarna every time you change you avatar I feel its time to change mine ,watch this space!

Tariro - I did not know you were new to Days. What got you watching? My mom watched Days so I watched it all through my teen years and into my early 20s but then I basically did not watch it for years. Started again in 2008 because of Ejami.

#20647   2013/07/13 03:13PM
    stjarna

Quote tariro:

Hi tariro,

your avatar is great. I chose the scene when EJ is in hospital after he is shot and Samantha is asking him to will himself to live for Johnny's sake. That is one of my favourite scene of the two of them!

I had to have Elena and Elijah for a while, as I am a fan of these two.
    It's definitely Ejami time!!!

#20648   2013/07/13 03:54PM
    tariro

Quote Moms Days:
    Quote tariro:

Tariro - I did not know you were new to Days. What got you watching? My mom watched Days so I watched it all through my teen years and into my early 20s but then I basically did not watch it for years. Started again in 2008 because of Ejami.

In my country on tv, the episodes of DOOL were always behind so I used to watch starting with 1994 episodes as a twelve year old in 2000. Then they stopped showing the soap on tv and I lost interest and though its now shown on another foreign channel those are 2010 episodes and they are terrible ,it says a lot about EJami actually that I'm willing to watch DOOL episodes on the internet everyday after the actual episode has shown just because at the end of 2012 I caught a glimpse of an EJami montage and read up on them! So I would say I started watching in 2012.

#20649   2013/07/13 03:59PM
    tariro

Quote stjarna:
    Quote tariro:

Hi tariro,

your avatar is great. I chose the scene when EJ is in hospital after he is shot and Samantha is asking him to will himself to live for Johnny's sake. That is one of my favourite scene of the two of them!

I had to have Elena and Elijah for a while, as I am a fan of these two.
    It's definitely Ejami time!!!

I keep finding really nice pictures of them so I think I will be changing the avatar from time to time

#20650   2013/07/13 05:23PM
    ejami2012

I love that Ej only let's Sami see his vulnerable caring loving side. His darkside with others. But he knew his Sami loved his ruthless side his power his strenght she just had to admit it. It turns her on. Just like her badside turns him on.

I also wish I was Sami on the couch. That man is so d!@m hot. I said this before scruff shirtless and sweaty . My my my. No wonder he turns Sami on so much lol.

Days needs to say the h#ll with it and show his tats so we can get more shirtless scene. Heck they went Wilson and kristen and a priest as well as kristen wondering if Sami "swings that way" that one still shocks me lol

Modified 4 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/13 05:30PM
    « 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list