List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY

Started by scarlettfever at 2012/05/04 06:44PM
    Latest post: 2012/09/28 12:41PM, Views: 9597, Replies: 34
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2012/05/11 08:55AM
    Re: SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY
    monson2002

Quote allmylovingdays: I'm just commenting because I noticed someone put Kyle Lowder as recast of Brady and ERIC isn't going anywhere so Brady is already cast.

If you want Kyle back -why not as Eric.

I did , I have always seen Kyle Lowder as Brady and he's awesome as Brady . When Eric first came I couldn't stand him as Brady since he's been with Madison I'm starting to like him but seeing Madison is leaving why not do a switch
    roles
    Kyle reprises Brady
    Eric plays Eric

#22   2012/05/11 08:58AM
    Days In Da UK

Quote Bricole: I would LOVE to see Kyle return as Eric. It would be fantastic to have the two brothers (Eric and Brady) competing with EJ for Nicole's affection. Ari Zucker is a great actress and Nicole is one of my favorite characters. I love her with EJ and Brady, but would also welcome throwing Eric in. Especially with Kyle as Eric. They have proven chemistry and he already has an established Days fanbase. I think casting JPL would be a huge mistake, similar to reprising Taylor. Only KL or the original actor can make this work.

As far as the budget goes, there are plenty of useless characters currently on the show who can be let go to help salary issues.

I agree Bricole because I've been saying this for a year now Kyle Lowder as Eric Brady and now is the time to bring back Eric the only man to ever love Nicole unconditionally. Nicole is vulnerable, she has grown up and realized she wants to finally settle with a nice guy. 12 Years ago she chose money over her 1st love Eric and now it's time to put them back together, Ericole let's do it! btw JPL can recast either Philip or Rex. Or finally introduce Andrew Donovan or Alexander Kiriakis

#23   2012/05/11 09:39AM
    Daysfan55555

Quote monson2002:
    Quote allmylovingdays: I'm just commenting because I noticed someone put Kyle Lowder as recast of Brady and ERIC isn't going anywhere so Brady is already cast.

I did , I have always seen Kyle Lowder as Brady and he's awesome as Brady . When Eric first came I couldn't stand him as Brady since he's been with Madison I'm starting to like him but seeing Madison is leaving why not do a switch
    roles
    Kyle reprises Brady
    Eric plays Eric

Monsoon I completely agree with you. I think They should somehow work a dream story in and have Eric wake up as Eric and Kyle wake up as Brady. Or have them collide in a car accident and when they awake, They are switched (Eric as Eric and Kyle as Brady). I always thought Eric Martsloff should have played Eric Brady. He is too old to play Brady Black. He looks older than Sami. Sami and Eric are suppose to be older than Brady. Kyle to me looks younger than Eric Martsloff. It would be weird for me to have Eric Brady look younger than Brady Black.

#24   2012/05/11 11:20AM
    monson2002

Quote Daysfan55555:
    Quote monson2002:

roles
    Kyle reprises Brady
    Eric plays Eric

Monsoon I completely agree with you. I think They should somehow work a dream story in and have Eric wake up as Eric and Kyle wake up as Brady. Or have them collide in a car accident and when they awake, They are switched (Eric as Eric and Kyle as Brady). I always thought Eric Martsloff should have played Eric Brady. He is too old to play Brady Black. He looks older than Sami. Sami and Eric are suppose to be older than Brady. Kyle to me looks younger than Eric Martsloff. It would be weird for me to have Eric Brady look younger than Brady Black.

I like your idea of a car crash and then Eric comes out and
    says he's Eric Brady and Kyle comes out and says he's
    Brady Black . Kyle potrayed Brady very well Eric is like
    ok I have to play this character Kyle made it his Eric has
    not plus I agree on the age thing he does look older than Sami .

#25   2012/05/12 07:02PM
    Friendly88

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote SummerView: Kyle Lowder! If we are talking about the Kyle who is married to Ari Zucker (Nicole) in real life, I hope he rejoins the show! MAN, I miss that actor. It would be fun to see the two of them acting on the same show together again.

(About Bo -- if the news is true about him leaving, it saddens me greatly. I wish him the best.)

Yes, Kyle is a nice actor (has a beautiful singing voice as well) and would be good in the role of Eric. If Peter leaves or is let go, however, we'll ALL be missing DAYS which I can't imagine surviving long at that point - I do believe HE'S a vital character to the show - and that would be sad for the whole audience imo!!

PR/BO has given us many good years at days,but I hardly
    think he is the glue that keep days together.

#26   2012/05/13 07:07AM
    monson2002

Quote Friendly88:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote SummerView: Kyle Lowder! If we are talking about the Kyle who is married to Ari Zucker (Nicole) in real life, I hope he rejoins the show! MAN, I miss that actor. It would be fun to see the two of them acting on the same show together again.

(About Bo -- if the news is true about him leaving, it saddens me greatly. I wish him the best.)

Yes, Kyle is a nice actor (has a beautiful singing voice as well) and would be good in the role of Eric. If Peter leaves or is let go, however, we'll ALL be missing DAYS which I can't imagine surviving long at that point - I do believe HE'S a vital character to the show - and that would be sad for the whole audience imo!!

If he leaves then it's most likely that Bo will return
    I mean they did this with our 2 supercouples over the years
    Deidre left the show in 1987 and we all missed her then and
    she returned in 1991 , Kristian left the show in 1990 and
    returned in 1994 and I'm sure everyone missed her too .
    Drake left the show in late 2007 and returned in 2008 and
    we all missed him too . What I'm getting at is , that these
    actors / actress' wanted to try something new which they did and returned later on but I will say that when
    John & Marlena left in 2009 the whole show fell apart literally . Like I said before this is not the first time
    Peter has left the show he left in 1991 and they recasted the role until he returned in 1995 if now this is a BIG
    IF , if he wanted to retire which I doubt then I'm sure
    they'll kill him off like Lexie , Renee wants to retire
    and does not want to return but if Peter just wants a break then I'm sure that they'll either recast Bo or the writers would write him going off somewhere .

#27   2012/05/13 12:52PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote monson2002:
    Quote Friendly88:
    Quote LuvBoHope:

If he leaves then it's most likely that Bo will return
    I mean they did this with our 2 supercouples over the years
    Deidre left the show in 1987 and we all missed her then and
    she returned in 1991 , Kristian left the show in 1990 and
    returned in 1994 and I'm sure everyone missed her too .
    Drake left the show in late 2007 and returned in 2008 and
    we all missed him too . What I'm getting at is , that these
    actors / actress' wanted to try something new which they did and returned later on but I will say that when
    John & Marlena left in 2009 the whole show fell apart literally . Like I said before this is not the first time
    Peter has left the show he left in 1991 and they recasted the role until he returned in 1995 if now this is a BIG
    IF , if he wanted to retire which I doubt then I'm sure
    they'll kill him off like Lexie , Renee wants to retire
    and does not want to return but if Peter just wants a break then I'm sure that they'll either recast Bo or the writers would write him going off somewhere .

Hopefully, we can all respectfully disagree on this subject (I have a totally different opinion on the PR situation at this time than in times past when he'd leave or ANY of the MAIN, most popular characters chose to leave for some reason or another)! When it happened before DAYS was a whole lot more stable than it is now - they had room to drop when those times occurred and also had enough remaining who had solid footing with the show. They don't have that privilege now - they're hanging like a VERY loose tooth struggling to survive. From the way it sounds (we don't know for sure) and if that's accurate, this is a negotiations problem where Peter is being asked ANOTHER HUGE salary cut he's already taken before and is why, with his statue on the show would they be considering bringing on ANY new characters before trying to keep the good ones they're so fortunate to still have and utilize them to the FULLEST! This is the reason I'd find it HIGHLY unlikely Peter would return if he leaves this time! Unlike what some others may feel, I definitely believe Bo (along with Hope regardless of the weak story material they've been given the last several years - hence, the dip in the ratings throughout) IS the glue to the show. They're DAYS' signature couple inarguably!! The show lost thousands of viewers during his out-of-character long-running affair but have thousands still watching simply because they're still on together! I think it WOULD affect the show immensely and is a puzzle to me why tptb don't acknowledge this - DAYS is on or near the ratings bottom weekly and that risk would be REALLY big. We'll see how it goes - can speak for myself and I know of many others who won't have any interest if Bo or Hope did not come back. As for replacing either at this time in their tenure I don't see that happening either - they tried that before (when the ratings were safer) and learned that with Peter or Kristian the chemistry wasn't close to the magic these two have together! It's good for DAYS that some viewers just love & support the show regardless, but it would be a matter of how many of those (SOLID, daily viewers) who're really out there - who'd remain & for how long - with the rock bottom ratings they've been suffering for so long!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/13 12:58PM
    #28   2012/05/16 01:30AM
    mama rosa

This is long over due!!...It's about time!!

#29   2012/05/24 12:19PM
    kyle fish

Quote scarlettfever: They speculated Kyle Lowder (ex Brady) or John Paul Lavosier (ex Rex, oltl) are in the running...its on their comings and goings page..

John paul Lavosier would be great.Miss Rax alot.

#30   2012/09/27 08:12PM
    Nesder23

This sucks... They said they would never replace Jensen Ackles for this role. So much for promises and keeping their word. Liars!!!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list