List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY

Started by scarlettfever at 2012/05/04 06:44PM
    Latest post: 2012/09/28 12:41PM, Views: 11153, Replies: 34
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2012/05/04 06:44PM
    SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY
    scarlettfever

They speculated Kyle Lowder (ex Brady) or John Paul Lavosier (ex Rex, oltl) are in the running...its on their comings and goings page..

#2   2012/05/05 04:32AM
    Re: SOAP DIGEST: days is recasting ERIC BRADY
    LuvBoHope

Quote scarlettfever: They speculated Kyle Lowder (ex Brady) or John Paul Lavosier (ex Rex, oltl) are in the running...its on their comings and goings page..

It's mindboggling that DAYS (IF it's true) is in negotiations planning to cut Peter Reckell's salary (45% - nearly half - reported)- very possibly letting him go - and still bringing in new characters who have none or minimal connection to the show! Peter's established here and has been not only an intergral part of the show's history AND the very successful years, but argurably a VITAL part (even with weak story material) - along with his partner over these years (Hope) - of the show still being on the air. There is just no making sense of ANY of this! I don't have any problems with "Eric Brady" but I have a HUGE problem with the priorities of tptb! No wonder DAYS is struggling and barely hanging. I can't see it surviving these kinds of decisions!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/05 04:33AM
    #3   2012/05/05 04:46AM
    Bricole

I would LOVE to see Kyle return as Eric. It would be fantastic to have the two brothers (Eric and Brady) competing with EJ for Nicole's affection. Ari Zucker is a great actress and Nicole is one of my favorite characters. I love her with EJ and Brady, but would also welcome throwing Eric in. Especially with Kyle as Eric. They have proven chemistry and he already has an established Days fanbase. I think casting JPL would be a huge mistake, similar to reprising Taylor. Only KL or the original actor can make this work.

As far as the budget goes, there are plenty of useless characters currently on the show who can be let go to help salary issues.

#4   2012/05/05 06:28AM
    flightygirl

KL would be great as Eric Brady. JPL would not be a good choice.

#5   2012/05/05 07:57AM
    Axl Rose

A good re-casting choice for the role of Eric Brady would be Greg Vaughan

#6   2012/05/05 01:58PM
    scarlettfever

Quote Axl Rose: A good re-casting choice for the role of Eric Brady would be Greg Vaughan

Axl i love you girl---but you always mention Greg Vaughn..hes too old for this role...PLUS i do believe GV is going to pop up on GCB (his character sure gets talked about alot on that show and tomorrow is the season finale on ABC)

#7   2012/05/05 03:15PM
    AliceHorton4...

I've not heard anything about Eric Brady returning.

Their are rumors of Belle, Shawn, Rex, Cassie, Mimi, and maybe Chloe returning. Also rumors of Philip returning for a few episodes.

I've read rumors that JPL will be playing Rex Brady.

I don't think JPL would make a good Eric recast.

www.soapoperafan.com/days/rmill.html

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/05 03:18PM
    #8   2012/05/05 04:41PM
    scarlettfever

Quote AliceHorton4ever: I've not heard anything about Eric Brady returning.

Their are rumors of Belle, Shawn, Rex, Cassie, Mimi, and maybe Chloe returning. Also rumors of Philip returning for a few episodes.

This was posted in the new Soap digest (comings and goings page---left side)...They also mentioned that guy who played Sami awhile back..

#9   2012/05/05 05:13PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote scarlettfever:
    Quote AliceHorton4ever: I've not heard anything about Eric Brady returning.

This was posted in the new Soap digest (comings and goings page---left side)...They also mentioned that guy who played Sami awhile back..

And I'm going to repeat one more time, tptb at DAYS better be concentrating more than ANYTHING about how they can keep Peter Reckell on the show ahead of ANY returnee character who is not rooted to this show - yet another come & go sort of character. Peter (Bo) is integral to the show as well as his longterm fans unlike some who come & go with the wind. Just saying...... no problem with Eric Brady (don't even know who or what would play the role - how solid & substantial is THAT or what the character would be all about at this point in time), but please DAYS get your priorities for the good of the show straight! In fact, if considering bringing on some of the younger set connected to the foundation of the show, why not Shawn & Belle - both Horton & Brady? Makes more sense although Bo's renewal makes the MOST of all at this point in the "life" of the show!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/05/05 05:17PM
    #10   2012/05/05 07:41PM
    SummerView

Kyle Lowder! If we are talking about the Kyle who is married to Ari Zucker (Nicole) in real life, I hope he rejoins the show! MAN, I miss that actor. It would be fun to see the two of them acting on the same show together again.

(About Bo -- if the news is true about him leaving, it saddens me greatly. I wish him the best.)

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list