List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: SAMI

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SAMI

Started by kenerly1 at 2012/04/05 04:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/04/06 12:35PM, Views: 113604, Replies: 2369
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2012/04/13 12:23PM
    Re: SAMI
    homeisejammi

Quote kenerly1: Okay, one more time Rafe haters..I posted that I have only come back to Days when Rafe was kidnapped and held captive by EJ..I have asked for some help making me understand why Rafe is so hated..nothing yet..Please let me know..since I have been watching he has beena loving dad to Sami's kids and a good guy..thanks

I am not a fan of the character of Rafe or the actor Galen, I can not speak for others but the reason I do like Rafe stems from me being a big fan of Ej and Sami as a couple I did not like that EJ and Sami were just starting to get legs as a couple and they brought in Rafe to break up Ejami again.
    However, the reason I feel Rafe is a useless character for DOOL is that “Hernandez” is not a name of Salem like Horton, Brady, Dimera. His back story has so many holes. He was supposed to be a orphan and knew these nuns cause they raised him… Then all of a sudden they invented 2 sisters and brother… they just randomly showed up and we had never heard of these people before…. He may or may not have killed his fiancé’ or wife….
    The reason I do not like Galen is because he says lots of rude things on twitter and I am just not a fan of him.

#32   2012/04/13 03:06PM
    tallgirl41

I am getting so sick of Sami. She only cares about herself.

#33   2012/04/13 04:42PM
    SandraJ

Quote tallgirl41: I am getting so sick of Sami. She only cares about herself.

That is 100% true and she's totally unrelatable.

#34   2012/04/14 03:01AM
    kenerly1

To say the Hernandez NAME is not good enough for Salem is crossing the line..HIS NAME???? My gosh all of them have to be Horton or brady or Dimera..come on!!!! and for gods sake orphams have siblings>.Sorry but Sami needs to grow up..she is getting on my lst nerve and someone as handsome and kind as Rafe is well rid of her..I read his back dtory and still do not see why so many hate him..Watch Y&R and check Adam out and read what he has done..then you will have someone worthy of all the hate. Just my opinion

#35   2012/04/14 05:33AM
    dazlovr

Quote kenerly1: To say the Hernandez NAME is not good enough for Salem is crossing the line..HIS NAME???? My gosh all of them have to be Horton or brady or Dimera..come on!!!! and for gods sake orphams have siblings>.Sorry but Sami needs to grow up..she is getting on my lst nerve and someone as handsome and kind as Rafe is well rid of her..I read his back dtory and still do not see why so many hate him..Watch Y&R and check Adam out and read what he has done..then you will have someone worthy of all the hate. Just my opinion

Before I give you my opinion on the Rafe hate I want to say two things. First, I think Galen is the best looking actor on the show, and second, I am very UNDERwhelmed with his acting. I don't dislike the Rafe character, just not overly carried away. Now, with that out of the way, here is my two cents on why you see so much Rafe hate on here. Rafe was brought in to break up the EJAMI couple. Whether or not you like them, they sizzle as a couple. They play off each other really well and have undeniable chemistry. If you are rooting for this couple, you are naturally going to hate whatever gets in their way. I am a Bo/Hope fan, and I hated when Carly was brought back. She could have had the beauty of Cleopatra, the wealth of Oprah Winfrey, the loving nature of Sister Theresa, and the acting chops of Lauren Bacall, and I would have still hated her because she came between my beloved Bo and Hope. Nothing she could have done or said would have made her redeemable in my eyes as long as she stood in the way of my couple. I think the EJ/Sami lovers probably feel the same way about their couple, too. Then, add into all of this the fact that the Rafe character has been written in a careless and sloppy manner with no backstory, it is not difficult at all to understand all the hate. The one good thing about the love/hate of Rafe is all the buzz it creates for the show. And the show needs every positive thing it can garner at the moment.

#36   2012/04/14 06:04AM
    kenerly1

Quote dazlovr:
    Quote kenerly1: To say the Hernandez NAME is not good enough for Salem is crossing the line..HIS NAME???? My gosh all of them have to be Horton or brady or Dimera..come on!!!! and for gods sake orphams have siblings>.Sorry but Sami needs to grow up..she is getting on my lst nerve and someone as handsome and kind as Rafe is well rid of her..I read his back dtory and still do not see why so many hate him..Watch Y&R and check Adam out and read what he has done..then you will have someone worthy of all the hate. Just my opinion

Before I give you my opinion on the Rafe hate I want to say two things. First, I think Galen is the best looking actor on the show, and second, I am very UNDERwhelmed with his acting. I don't dislike the Rafe character, just not overly carried away. Now, with that out of the way, here is my two cents on why you see so much Rafe hate on here. Rafe was brought in to break up the EJAMI couple. Whether or not you like them, they sizzle as a couple. They play off each other really well and have undeniable chemistry. If you are rooting for this couple, you are naturally going to hate whatever gets in their way. I am a Bo/Hope fan, and I hated when Carly was brought back. She could have had the beauty of Cleopatra, the wealth of Oprah Winfrey, the loving nature of Sister Theresa, and the acting chops of Lauren Bacall, and I would have still hated her because she came between my beloved Bo and Hope. Nothing she could have done or said would have made her redeemable in my eyes as long as she stood in the way of my couple. I think the EJ/Sami lovers probably feel the same way about their couple, too. Then, add into all of this the fact that the Rafe character has been written in a careless and sloppy manner with no backstory, it is not difficult at all to understand all the hate. The one good thing about the love/hate of Rafe is all the buzz it creates for the show. And the show needs every positive thing it can garner at the moment.

Great piost and thanks for the reply..I think EJ and Brady are the best looking but having said that I think Rafe is so darned sexy it hurts to look at him..Handsome yes, but more so sexy...I came back to Days when Rafe and Sami were already married..I know EJ is a criminal and all that but he seems too classy for the likes of Sami...Just my opinion, of course but she seems too trailer trashy for my taste..maybe I will change my mind but even as a teen i didn't like the girl..Am not a fan of blaming a bad childhood and using it for an excuse to treat people badly even on a soap. But for a poster to say a Hernandez family should not be in Salem is a bit racist. Thanks agaibn for the great post.

#37   2012/04/14 06:38AM
    Bricole

Here is my opinion. I think there are 3 levels of hate: 1. Love to hate (Stefano) 2. Hate/insufferable and want gone (Madison) 3. Hate but redeemable (Rafe).

Sami has been all 3. Currently she is a love to hate. I love the bad girl Sami. I also hate bad girl Sami. Her writing has finally improved and she is allowed to shine without Rafe dragging her down. IMO Rafe was dead weight. He just didn't fit in the Ejami storyline. But I don't hate him for breaking up Ejami. I hate him because he is boring. In comparison, I love Lumi. Yet when EJ broke them up, I didn't hate EJ because he has amazing chemistry with both Lucas and Sami. Plus EJ and Lucas are amazing characters with strong performances that enhance Sami's scenes.

#38   2012/04/14 06:48AM
    Bricole

On a side note, I think the Hernandez name comment was misinterpreted. The previous poster meant that Rafe is not part of the "Core" families on Days and doesn't fit in. For years, Days has been about the Bradys, Horton's, Kiriakas, and Dimeras. Other characters have been brought to the show in supporting/limited roles. Rafe was given too much screen time, in some opinions, and had no real ties to the core families. Several posters have mentioned not wanting to add other families, so this isn't new. Kate, Abe, and Nicole have been the only other characters with family added to the show, that I can remember. But they still weren't added to the "core" Days family category.

#39   2012/04/14 06:55AM
    dazlovr

Quote kenerly1:
    Quote dazlovr:

Great piost and thanks for the reply..I think EJ and Brady are the best looking but having said that I think Rafe is so darned sexy it hurts to look at him..Handsome yes, but more so sexy...I came back to Days when Rafe and Sami were already married..I know EJ is a criminal and all that but he seems too classy for the likes of Sami...Just my opinion, of course but she seems too trailer trashy for my taste..maybe I will change my mind but even as a teen i didn't like the girl..Am not a fan of blaming a bad childhood and using it for an excuse to treat people badly even on a soap. But for a poster to say a Hernandez family should not be in Salem is a bit racist. Thanks agaibn for the great post.

Thanks, Kenerly, but I doubt that the poster was trying to be racist, but was expressing his or her displeasure with having the whole family in Salem, not because of their Latino background but they are not adding to the story. Who knows. But, speaking of names, I have wondered why Madison's last name is James and her husband is McAllister. Sure, lots of women keep their own names nowadays, but Ian has been shown to be this power hungry guy who "owns" his wife, so it begs the question of why he "allowed" her to carry a name other than his. Maybe this has been answered on the show and I missed it. Just wondering.

#40   2012/04/14 07:04AM
    kenerly1

Thanks..I really do not like Madison and she had been let go anyway..along with Jack and Carrie and Austin..My daughterinlaw kept her maiden name too so women do this these days and it was fine with my son. I do feel badly about Jack leaving.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list