List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: GRANDMA Marlena. bashing allowed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

GRANDMA Marlena. bashing allowed

Started by allmylovingdays at 2012/01/18 06:44AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/31 06:22AM, Views: 19006, Replies: 270
    « 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » »| page:
    #201   2013/07/23 02:56PM
    Re: GRANDMA Marlena. bashing allowed
    Conservator

Quote Moms Days: I have watched since I was a little girls and Marlena was with Don and they put her in the safe house with Roman. I ALWAYS loved Marlena and still like her in certain situations. However, I have learned to dislike her with Sami. She speaks rudely and condescendingly to her and treats her with contempt and disrespect i.e. Eric slam today. She treats Carrie as if she is the Golden child and can do no wrong. Encouraging her to go after her sister's ex is completely despicable. Putting down Sami every chance she gets to Will is also pretty low. Sami risked everything to rescue Will from Nick and how does he repay her...mocks her behind her back with Grandma Marlena. For a psychiatrist she should know better.

Given that her thankless daughter Samantha is a self-serving pig, I'd say Marlena doing damned well to keep it held back so much! In THIS case she's not a psychiatrist, she's her mother and Samantha shows her NO respect.

#202   2013/07/23 03:05PM
    Conservator

Quote Cynderdays:
    Quote stjarna: are her and kate greatgranma-friends...i am lost...

I know, right?

Marlena wants the town of Salem to shun Kristen for trying to kill her, but she can be gal pals 'let's do coffee' with Kate, the woman that tried to have her daughter Samantha killed.

How selfish and messed up is Marlena?

Are you all out of your gourds?? Marlena's the most respectable and decent character on the show. To have to live with a thankless daughter like Samantha, she's shown remarkable reserve. Why are you all dumping on Marlena's age? She looks tremendous and not like a common tramp or a botox freak like Kate. Get your acts together.

#203   2013/07/23 03:06PM
    Conservator

Quote SandraJ:
    Quote allmylovingdays: I did the search button and couldn't find my bashing thread. SO here we go again.

Today she hears that Will is working for EJ. She tries to act again like she is concered with Will's choices but to me if she really wanted to nip this all in the bud she would go to SAMI and talk about their past and tell her she knows of what happened and can't she see herself in Will. I needs to be done. If she really cares for him she would put aside her stupid pride or whatever it is -is it that she feels like she isn't guilty of making a mistake because it was the love of her life. HELLO she was married to Roman at the time.

I have another comment to make....but I need to see today's episode first. To see if what I read on a recap is true.

Marlena has guilt issues herself. Whenever Sami goes off on her, she just takes it. Come on! No child should be allowed to talk to their mother like that on a consistent basis. Marlena needs to "man" up herself and let Sami know that enough is enough. Sure, Sami should be able to tell her how hurt she was/is by Marlena's betrayal but the screaming and yelling???? That entire family is dysfunctional. It's not wonder that poor Will is all screwed up. Marlena needs to get to the bottom of her own issues. It's the same scenario over and over - Marlena comes to Sami with that smile on her face - Sami yells, screams and insults Marlena and Marlena walks away.

Will's not "screwed up". He's one of the finest and most decent young men on the show. What about him is "screwed up"?

#204   2013/07/24 05:55AM
    allmylovingdays

I know 20 pages are a lot to read but we have moved on since but to be honest.

Will has insecurities as we have witnessed the last week with Sonny talking about Brent helping out with this new business adventure. I hate the Will & MarMar connection and that's why I started this thread.

Yesterday and other days MarMar gives us a glimmer of hope of not being the selfish no good mom -it doesn't normally last that long.

We shall see with this latest crisis

#205   2013/07/24 09:19AM
    mama rosa

I wonder if Marlena still has it in her to smack,slap,pull hair,punch,kick,stab or shoot like she did as the Salem Stalker!!..Maybe her eyes will go Red and green!!..
    Adrienne may want to hide cause the Bradys come from possessed lines!!...

#206   2013/07/24 12:20PM
    Conservator

Quote mama rosa: I wonder if Marlena still has it in her to smack,slap,pull hair,punch,kick,stab or shoot like she did as the Salem Stalker!!..Maybe her eyes will go Red and green!!..

Now you're blaming Diedre Hall for crappy writing? Nice. And the Marlena character is an Evans not a Brady by birth.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/24 12:22PM
    #207   2013/07/24 12:32PM
    flightygirl

Quote Conservator:
    Quote mama rosa: I wonder if Marlena still has it in her to smack,slap,pull hair,punch,kick,stab or shoot like she did as the Salem Stalker!!..Maybe her eyes will go Red and green!!..

Now you're blaming Diedre Hall for crappy writing? Nice. And the Marlena character is an Evans not a Brady by birth.

Diedre Hall wasn't mentioned once. The topic is Marlena and she was the one who was possessed.

#208   2013/07/24 01:50PM
    fadingrose

Quote Conservator:
    Quote Cynderdays:

I know, right?

Marlena wants the town of Salem to shun Kristen for trying to kill her, but she can be gal pals 'let's do coffee' with Kate, the woman that tried to have her daughter Samantha killed.

Are you all out of your gourds?? Marlena's the most respectable and decent character on the show. To have to live with a thankless daughter like Samantha, she's shown remarkable reserve. Why are you all dumping on Marlena's age? She looks tremendous and not like a common tramp or a botox freak like Kate. Get your acts together.

Dear Conservator. It's ironic that we are defnnitely on the same page about Marlena, my very long-time favorite character on Days, especially in her role as a mother. ("Ironic" since we recently had a disagreement regarding the religious demographics in Salem.) Sami has been a brat since she was a teen who was self-centered, jealous, and vindictive enough to kidnap her half-sister Belle. Because she never forgave Marlena for anything, especially her adultery with John, Sami has always treated her with such a degree of venom and massive disrespect that it should have earned many slaps. Despite her mom's many attempts to make amends for her real (and imagined) sins, Sami remains unbending while Marlena has suffered through this but continues to love her daughter and be available for her if needed. (AKA Fading Rose)

#209   2013/07/24 03:03PM
    dazgonby

There are many, many sides to this as Marlena HAS NOT been the totally loving mom to Sami that some seems to want everyone to think.
    She constantly runs Sami down with Will...that is the worst kind of betrayal.
    There is one thing that really bothers me about this great mom character...when Marlena told Carrie it was ok to go after Rafe...WTH...Sami and Rafe were not divorced yet...then she tells Sami to be with Rafe after Carrie is going back with Austin...oh pleeze make up your mind.
    There are alot of things on both sides of the fence.

I think even Adrienne pointed out that the whole bad family thing starts with her and not Sami.

So what that Carrie and Marlena was close...she hasn't been her STEP-daughter for many many many years.

Besides this thread is for bashing allowed so a person needs to vent

#210   2013/07/24 03:31PM
    Conservator

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote Conservator:
    Quote Cynderdays:

I know, right?

Dear Conservator. It's ironic that we are defnnitely on the same page about Marlena, my very long-time favorite character on Days, especially in her role as a mother. ("Ironic" since we recently had a disagreement regarding the religious demographics in Salem.) Sami has been a brat since she was a teen who was self-centered, jealous, and vindictive enough to kidnap her half-sister Belle. Because she never forgave Marlena for anything, especially her adultery with John, Sami has always treated her with such a degree of venom and massive disrespect that it should have earned many slaps. Despite her mom's many attempts to make amends for her real (and imagined) sins, Sami remains unbending while Marlena has suffered through this but continues to love her daughter and be available for her if needed. (AKA Fading Rose)

Well then I'd say we're on a positive track you and I eh what? We can agree to disagree on the other and wholeheartedly agree on this topic. I despise Samantha, always have, always will. Notice Will went to his Grandmother for support when coming out. Very telling that.

« 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list