List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: GRANDMA Marlena. bashing allowed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

GRANDMA Marlena. bashing allowed

Started by allmylovingdays at 2012/01/18 06:44AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/31 06:22AM, Views: 18261, Replies: 270
    « 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 » »| page:
    #191   2013/07/19 03:39PM
    Re: GRANDMA Marlena. bashing allowed
    Moms Days

I have watched since I was a little girls and Marlena was with Don and they put her in the safe house with Roman. I ALWAYS loved Marlena and still like her in certain situations. However, I have learned to dislike her with Sami. She speaks rudely and condescendingly to her and treats her with contempt and disrespect i.e. Eric slam today. She treats Carrie as if she is the Golden child and can do no wrong. Encouraging her to go after her sister's ex is completely despicable. Putting down Sami every chance she gets to Will is also pretty low. Sami risked everything to rescue Will from Nick and how does he repay her...mocks her behind her back with Grandma Marlena. For a psychiatrist she should know better.

#192   2013/07/20 08:02AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote zuzu61: I posted this earlier in Daily Updates while watching today's show.
    ------------------------

When Sami says, "I want this day to be all about Eric". Marlena just has to throw a negative remark to Sami instead of saying,
    "Good for you Sami, I'm so proud of you for making today ALL about your Brother."
    Instead.. She says.. "Really? You never want that!"..
    What a Mother/Motha she is!!
    Always got to put Sami down. Always.. since day 1..
    (She always seemed to be jealous of the closeness between Young Sami and Roman (Wayne Northrop)..
    He was such a great Dad to Sami..
    Can't stand to look at Marlena.
    JMO

My internet has been a hit and miss SO THANKFULLY there are others saying what I couldn't!! Exactly the old sow had to say "REALLY" damn

#193   2013/07/20 08:05AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote dazgonby: So now we are back to the same ole thing with Marlena, knew it wouldn't last to long...don't get why everyone has to do the "its all about Sami thing" when Marlena even brought up about her picture having been in the portrait place!

I was so angry with my internet. I could read but I couldn't post. HIGH FIVE dazgonby. I read this yesterday and I was HA! It is all about me. MARMAR. SHE IS SUCH A WONDERFUL MOM & HUMAN BEING NOT

#194   2013/07/20 08:20AM
    Moms Days

Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote dazgonby: So now we are back to the same ole thing with Marlena, knew it wouldn't last to long...don't get why everyone has to do the "its all about Sami thing" when Marlena even brought up about her picture having been in the portrait place!

I was so angry with my internet. I could read but I couldn't post. HIGH FIVE dazgonby. I read this yesterday and I was HA! It is all about me. MARMAR. SHE IS SUCH A WONDERFUL MOM & HUMAN BEING NOT

I re-watched yesterdays show and I have to say I absolutely loved the interaction with EJ. When he told Marlena he would protect Sami and their children and Marlena herself. Then when EJ told Sami that her mom was just saying she is excited for Eric and that her daughter is marrying the man she loves. I thought I would die laughing at the way he handled her and then her expression. Great exchange and a win for EJ.

#195   2013/07/21 11:02AM
    allmylovingdays

two scoops praised her as a momma bear? what was she smoking? but then she trashed the scene with Will and the coziness hahaha

#196   2013/07/22 06:54PM
    allmylovingdays

Goodness knows I don't like MarMar but today I was glad she told Will at first that what is happening with her and John shouldn't change the way he feels about John. It lasted those few seconds

#197   2013/07/23 07:28AM
    dazgonby

Quote allmylovingdays: two scoops praised her as a momma bear? what was she smoking? but then she trashed the scene with Will and the coziness hahaha

That whole scene with Marlena having her leg thrown across Will and he was rubbing it was so icky (trying to be nice).

I found that just stupid and rather sickning.

She is just too weird...but I am finding all the characters quite weird now.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/23 07:30AM
    #198   2013/07/23 07:54AM
    fadingrose

Quote dazgonby:
    Quote allmylovingdays: two scoops praised her as a momma bear? what was she smoking? but then she trashed the scene with Will and the coziness hahaha

That whole scene with Marlena having her leg thrown across Will and he was rubbing it was so icky (trying to be nice).

Yes, Yes. Marlena, like EVERY OTHER mother on DAYS wants the best for their children and think they know better than the younger generation how to attain happiness. So the moms nag, criticize, advise, etc. etc. to "help" the kids whether it is helpful or not. Hasn't Sami herself been one of the worst offenders on that score?There is not a mother, aunt, sibling, cousin or just a friend on DAYS who doesn't stick their noses in other people's business. That's almost a constant theme! And we are all probably guilty of doing that sometimes, too. Unfortunately, when a DAYS character does it too often or in a manner we don't like, how harshly we criticize the "advisor" depends on whether we like or dislike the buttinsky or the one being told how to behave.

#199   2013/07/23 09:34AM
    dazgonby

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote dazgonby:

Yes, Yes. Marlena, like EVERY OTHER mother on DAYS wants the best for their children and think they know better than the younger generation how to attain happiness. So the moms nag, criticize, advise, etc. etc. to "help" the kids whether it is helpful or not. Hasn't Sami herself been one of the worst offenders on that score?There is not a mother, aunt, sibling, cousin or just a friend on DAYS who doesn't stick their noses in other people's business. That's almost a constant theme! And we are all probably guilty of doing that sometimes, too. Unfortunately, when a DAYS character does it too often or in a manner we don't like, how harshly we criticize the "advisor" depends on whether we like or dislike the buttinsky or the one being told how to behave.

True but we are talking about ONE specific person in this thread,and I find it really funny how people instantly have to come back with something about SAMI...really?
    Not Nicole, Adrienne,or someone else pointed out, altho you did include everyone.

#200   2013/07/23 01:08PM
    allmylovingdays

I flip back and forth with her lately....she is very bipolar - I was glad she is going to make sure the kids don't see this on TV.

« 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list