List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 28262, Replies: 680
    « 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 » »| page:
    #651   2014/02/06 06:19AM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    allmylovingdays

Quote Sunlover127: This is definitely an off topic random question....what is your favorite mascara??

I have always worn Maybelline but they keep discontinuing the ones I find that I like so I am ready to try another brand.

I use both waterproof and removes with water types so...what are your favorites and why! THANK YOU for your input!!

I don't use any my lashes are very long and straight. Nothing will help and if I use mascara it clumps

#652   2014/02/07 06:12AM
    allmylovingdays

ARRRGGGHHH

I typed up this post about my work and how i am in a remote meeting listening to our upppermanagment talk about marketing and how senior citizens are this huge marketbase and i was thinking really the soaps don't think so?? isn't their demo 18-50 -- even facebook states they are being overrun by senior citizens and losing the younger people

which takes me to the commercial for essurance with the elderly lady posting pictures on her Wall in her living room and them talking like it is facebook and her friend tells her I don't think this is the way its done - and so the first lady in her face says I'm unfriending you

#653   2014/02/07 07:57AM
    fadingrose

Quote allmylovingdays: ARRRGGGHHH

I typed up this post about my work and how i am in a remote meeting listening to our upppermanagment talk about marketing and how senior citizens are this huge marketbase and i was thinking really the soaps don't think so?? isn't their demo 18-50 -- even facebook states they are being overrun by senior citizens and losing the younger people

which takes me to the commercial for essurance with the elderly lady posting pictures on her Wall in her living room and them talking like it is facebook and her friend tells her I don't think this is the way its done - and so the first lady in her face says I'm unfriending you

Insightful observation!
    Are seniors like me meant to apologize for "over-running" social media like Facebook--or being soap opera fans? I don't know if the statisticians ever pay attention to studying an age group over the age of 50. And I don't care one bit whether they do. I DO know many "OLD" people who are fans of one or more soaps, since many of us are homebodies and have the time. And--guess what!-some of us who still work also know how to DVR and/or post on Message Boards.(I don't choose to be on Facebook, by the way)
    What I'm saying is that Soaps can be fun for anyone who
    has a pulse! Peace, everyone

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/07 08:01AM
    #654   2014/02/07 09:24AM
    HouseTops

There are a whole lot of post-war baby boomers out there that have watched soaps most of their lives!!

Don't seniors have the most money, knowledge, yada, yada, yada.

Don't seniors know what love is all about, the highs and the lows.

Don't seniors want to watch some getaway soaps of love, romance, and angst.....

Don't seniors have all the time in the world....

What happens after 50....do they go away, lose their memory, never to be heard from again?

Work is about 18 to 50 year olds, not soaps.

Facebook is yesterday's news, apparently, even Twitter.

Peace everyone indeed!!

#655   2014/02/07 09:39AM
    Thats2Ls

Quote HouseTops: There are a whole lot of post-war baby boomers out there that have watched soaps most of their lives!!

Don't seniors have the most money, knowledge, yada, yada, yada.

Don't seniors know what love is all about, the highs and the lows.

Don't seniors want to watch some getaway soaps of love, romance, and angst.....

Don't seniors have all the time in the world....

What happens after 50....do they go away, lose their memory, never to be heard from again?

Work is about 18 to 50 year olds, not soaps.

Facebook is yesterday's news, apparently, even Twitter.

Peace everyone indeed!!

I, for one, would be overjoyed if Facebook and Twitter went away. IMO it keeps people from connecting with others in real life and I think most people present a facade rather than their true selves. It's like one huge high school popularity contest. I actually think people are more honest on anonymous message boards because they are less afraid of being judged for what they say.

#656   2014/02/08 05:42AM
    allmylovingdays

No show holds me hostage or watching when trash and terrible writing ruins it. I haven't watched since New Years Eve and that I only watched a clip on you tube so really with the same old same old of the three stooges tossing Nick in the river

Cable there are over 600 plus channels and shows OnDemand, Hulu and Netflix

Yesterday I watched Reign again. The day before I watched Sherlock and the day before Person of Interest. bones is on daily on TNT

I'm not watching a show that seems to be written for a teenage boys wet dream or that has a coke head addict and damn how much longer will this Kristine thing drag out. Enough

This soap isn't the only one I don't watch Y&R I used to but. Victor winning very single time just sucked. GH again I knew. Robin wasn't even going to stay so why even bring her back. I'm not watching the trash B&B not since the HO Brooke bedded her daughters lover up against the building during a masquerade party. Yup every virgin wants her first experience up against a wall in the middle of a party especially virginal Hope and it seemed like the triangle of who she should be with Will forever continue

other shows that lost my viewership due to crazy writing. Lost, Drop Dead diva, Covert Affairs grey anatomy the lat few years of Friends and ER. Once a show loses me it takes something huge to try and get me back

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/08 05:44AM
    #657   2014/02/09 11:52AM
    zuzu61

Quote allmylovingdays: No show holds me hostage or watching when trash and terrible writing ruins it. I haven't watched since New Years Eve and that I only watched a clip on you tube so really with the same old same old of the three stooges tossing Nick in the river

Cable there are over 600 plus channels and shows OnDemand, Hulu and Netflix

Yesterday I watched Reign again. The day before I watched Sherlock and the day before Person of Interest. bones is on daily on TNT

I'm not watching a show that seems to be written for a teenage boys wet dream or that has a coke head addict and damn how much longer will this Kristine thing drag out. Enough

This soap isn't the only one I don't watch Y&R I used to but. Victor winning very single time just sucked. GH again I knew. Robin wasn't even going to stay so why even bring her back. I'm not watching the trash B&B not since the HO Brooke bedded her daughters lover up against the building during a masquerade party. Yup every virgin wants her first experience up against a wall in the middle of a party especially virginal Hope and it seemed like the triangle of who she should be with Will forever continue

other shows that lost my viewership due to crazy writing. Lost, Drop Dead diva, Covert Affairs grey anatomy the lat few years of Friends and ER. Once a show loses me it takes something huge to try and get me back

Bravo!! I checked TWC interactive map and came on to say..
    I see it's snowing in KC again!!!
    Wish I could take my reindeer and sleigh up to your house and we could sit and RANT, RAVE, rewrite our favorite Soap this afternoon..

haha.. Laughing.. thinking about the poor reindeer pulling me thru all that grass to get there.

#658   2014/02/09 12:22PM
    zuzu61

BTW.. YES!!! Bruno Mars were GREAT during the halftime show.
    VERY talented. And I agree.. Nice to enjoy a show with No attention seeking mishaps..
    (well.. Not judging the others, JMO.)

R/t mascara.. Because I have SEVERE allergies to perfumes or ??? something in Mascara, creams, makeup, etc.. Anything coming anywhere near my eyes..
    I can use Elizabeth Arden or Almay (hypoallergenic)..
    If I don't wear waterproof.. I'll look into the mirror, and will have DARK Brown/Barely Black Mascara halfway to my chin.
    You know!!! Immed. after you've talked to someone you've not seen since high school!!
    Or... after you've Presented Your Proposal to the Board of Dir/CEO..
    KNOWING you have made a GREAT impression..

OMG!! Then checking your teeth for that Spinach Salad you had for lunch!
    OH YES!! There is a GOD in Heaven! Thank You Dear Jesus!!
    NO Spinach or Lipstick on my teeth!!!

OK OK.. This is an OFF Topic/RANDOM Conversation Thread.
    Just having fun..
    I can't make it to allmylovingdays house to "vent".. So I decided to try and have a little fun on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.. Watching the Olympics!! Nice.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/09 12:25PM
    #659   2014/02/09 05:11PM
    HouseTops

The Beatles..........50 years ago at this 8th hour eastern time!!

Do you remember????????????????????

Did Paul get older?????????????????

Two seventy something rocking out....

#660   2014/02/10 05:16AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote zuzu61: BTW.. YES!!! Bruno Mars were GREAT during the halftime show.
    VERY talented. And I agree.. Nice to enjoy a show with No attention seeking mishaps..
    (well.. Not judging the others, JMO.)

R/t mascara.. Because I have SEVERE allergies to perfumes or ??? something in Mascara, creams, makeup, etc.. Anything coming anywhere near my eyes..
    I can use Elizabeth Arden or Almay (hypoallergenic)..
    If I don't wear waterproof.. I'll look into the mirror, and will have DARK Brown/Barely Black Mascara halfway to my chin.
    You know!!! Immed. after you've talked to someone you've not seen since high school!!
    Or... after you've Presented Your Proposal to the Board of Dir/CEO..
    KNOWING you have made a GREAT impression..

OMG!! Then checking your teeth for that Spinach Salad you had for lunch!
    OH YES!! There is a GOD in Heaven! Thank You Dear Jesus!!
    NO Spinach or Lipstick on my teeth!!!

OK OK.. This is an OFF Topic/RANDOM Conversation Thread.
    Just having fun..
    I can't make it to allmylovingdays house to "vent".. So I decided to try and have a little fun on this beautiful Sunday afternoon.. Watching the Olympics!! Nice.

Thank YOU ZUZU for joining us here -I was laughing with the food in your teeth or how I looked with mascara thing. That is exactly why I don't use it because too many times i would try and then come home see my face with clumped up eyelashes and just wish I that the night would have gone away.

I'm totally boycotting the network so no Olympics for me. I had to take a stand and so far it has kept me very happy. I miss my ice skating, I miss the long ski jump, I miss the bobsleds but the other day when we trended a word for two hours on twitter - i went back the next day to see where we stood worldwide and just for the USA #28 and we beat #nbcfail which was designed because some dude was angry at the network for not having the Olympics on live when the events were happening. Ive been keeping up with some of the events though the news.

« 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list