List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 27819, Replies: 680
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2011/11/17 10:55AM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    KABO

Quote Bricole: Hi Kabo. I hope you have a happy holiday.

Hi back Bricole! It is so nice of you guys to think of me. Happy Holiday to you as well. I will spend Thanksgiving morning with my two older children and one of my grand children, but much of it will be spent working at the recovery center helping make it feel like home for those who do not have families willing or able to spend time them.

Working there, especially during the holidays, can be sometimes sad, but also makes me grateful for the relationships I have with my family. I also get the reward of seeing people come back to life on a daily basis. The changes I get to see over a 28 day period are often miraculous: a light comes back into their eyes as they come out of the fog, they start to smile, the skin clears and takes on color, they relearn how to socialize on a deeper level.....it is amazing. It leaves me happy to be alive. It's too bad DH couldn't have seen what a recovery center is really like before she wrote her stupid drug storylines.

Anyway enough rambling for me...

I love this thread by the way...its good to get to know all of you a bit better!! Just wish Father John could still be a part of it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

#42   2011/11/17 11:01AM
    KABO

Quote mama rosa: Hi KABO

Well you know I admire your determination!....
    But Holy Mother when do you find time just for you!
    Don't you burn out on us!
    Pop in whenever you have some time to say, Hey!
    I hope you also,have a Wonderful Holiday Season!!
    Mama Loves ya!

LOL, Hey! I love you to Mama "R". You always make me think of Mrs. "H"....the mama to us all! And yeah, right now, it does feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends. My poor garden looks very sad. Fortunately the rains have started, so hopefully nothing will die and I'll be able to catch up before spring. Hope you are well....Have a great Thanksgiving!

#43   2011/11/17 11:04AM
    KABO

Hope you had a lovely birthday Nicole Fan, filled with love and good cheer!

#44   2011/11/17 06:13PM
    Nicole Fan

Quote Bricole: Hi everyone. Any other birthdays coming up? Does anyone have big plans for Thanksgiving? I am going to visit the in-laws. That's all I can say. Lol.

We are having lunch at my parent's house and then going for dinner at my husband's aunt and uncle's house. I will gain 10 lbs for sure that day! I will just have to walk it off shopping the next day

Are you not a fan of your in-laws?

#45   2011/11/18 03:52PM
    cantnotwatch

Hi all, does anyone else ever wonder why stefano has extremely long fingernails for a man, especially the pinky finger?

#46   2011/11/19 04:42PM
    mama rosa

Hi Everyone!

Nicole Fan,
    I hope your Birthday was Special!!
    Soooo, How many pounds did you suck back?? LOL I say,"It's alright as long as were not eating alone!!" LOL

KABO,
    That was A very sweet think to say,...
    I like to think that is people like you, and many here that make the Scales Even,.....in the outside World!!

Bricole,
    As a matter of fact....Mine's coming up in December,..the 10th....
    Anyone else??

Does anyone share Hopes Birthday??...December24Th??

Well, It damn cold up here in Calgary!!
    It's -30 Celcius!!This is Crazy!!!
    Crazy cold!!!

#47   2011/11/19 05:08PM
    Friendly88

Hello I see everyone is talking about Xmas.Xmas is
    my favorite time of the year.I always love surprises
    under the tree.This year Xmas is going to be a little
    different as far as the tree goes.We are looking into
    an aritficial tree.Some of the real Xmas trees are so
    dry and can be a fire hazzard.I am also looking forward
    to getting this Led Snowman that lights up and puts out
    a lovely scent.Other than that we sit down to a nice big
    Xmas dinner for three.Happy Holidays everyone.

#48   2011/11/19 06:44PM
    mbfc3

Hi Everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join in the thread. I've been a little put off by some of the threads lately, and I'd just like to have a nice chat.

I'm in Tennessee, a 51-year old friendly-divorced mom of a 15-year old son with mild Autism. He's a great kid, and we really enjoy each other. I'm also an 8th grade history teacher, and my son and I are active in our local church. When posting, I always try to be respectful of others, even if expressing a differing opinion. As for Days, I've been watching off and on probably close to the whole run of the show. I certainly remember the heyday of Tom and Alice, Mickey and Laura, Bill and Laura, Doug and Addie, Doug and Julie, etc.

I'm looking forward to a nice but relatively quiet Thanksgiving with my mom and son. Then we'll put up our two Christmas trees and start the season in earnest.

Yes, presleycat, I love the Christmas movies on Lifetime, Hallmark, and any other channels that will show them. If I can't watch them live, I almost always DVR them.

Lastly, my son and I are Disney freaks. We try to get to Walt Disney World at least once a year, and we just recently went to celebrate Mickey's Halloween Party. It was absolutely fabulous...well worth the 11 hour drive from Tennessee to Orlando. Now, we're counting the days until our next trip - a week at the end of our school year.

Happy evening to all, and thanks for letting me join in.

#49   2011/11/20 01:40PM
    mama rosa

Nice to see you all on deck,Mbfc3,Friendly88,Cantnotwatch!!
    The more on board the better!!

Mbfc,
    I was just wondering has the teaching of history kinda changed down there,...cause it sure has up here,...Everything gets rewritten over time,I guess...It's to bad though,the kids today really don't know much,about it!

Cantnotwatch,Probably have something to do with being a European "Gangster"!!

Friendly88, I love Christmas movies that I grew up,watching the Classics To the younger posters! They give me back my memories!!Not so much the new stuff...

It's still -30!!!This is to cold for this time of the year!!
    Pass the Hot Chocolate!!!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/20 01:46PM
    #50   2011/11/20 06:11PM
    mbfc3

Mbfc,
    I was just wondering has the teaching of history kinda changed down there,...cause it sure has up here,...Everything gets rewritten over time,I guess...It's to bad though,the kids today really don't know much,about it!

Sadly, we stick to such a strict schedule and teach only specific standards that we have a good idea will be on the Spring standardized test. I've been in the business 22 years, and the test overlords have sucked all the enjoyment out of it. We used to do some fun stuff, but now everything is about testing and making gains on the test every year. In middle school, we cover the settlement of America through the Civil War. Everything after that they do in 11th grade here, so the kids have 3 years to forget everything we teach them!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list