List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 28130, Replies: 680
    « 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 » »| page:
    #471   2013/05/08 07:52AM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    Rosieroserson

Quote allmylovingdays: can you get suspended for being too political? I hope not. I think I went to far on the daily recap page about my hatred of guns.

I wouldn't know...... but you definately have my support.
    I know that owning a gun means something totally different to an american than to an european. In my part of the world owning a gun means that you're either a hunter or a criminal.

#472   2013/05/08 08:17AM
    HouseTops

[quote]Quote Rosieroserson: [quote]Quote allmylovingdays: can you get suspended for being too political? I hope not. I think I went to far on the daily recap page about my hatred of guns.[/quote]

I wouldn't know...... but you definately have my support.
    I know that owning a gun means something totally different to an american than to an european. In my part of the world owning a gun means that you're either a hunter or a criminal.[/quote]

I agree with you.
    Who uses an assault rifle and why would anyone outside of the military have one?????????????????????????????????????
    Certain groups wield a lot of power and money....holding the government hostage against what the people want.
    Slowly, they are making their way up into Canada.

#473   2013/05/08 08:40AM
    Rosieroserson

A coworker ( her mother is american and her father is norwegian) told me something interesting about the attitude towards guns and rifles in the U.S.
    When the first europeans arrived in the 'new world', they fought the native americans off their land and saw it as an act of selfdefence.... So the right to bear arms (2 or 3rd Amendment???) has been an important part of the concept of freedom ever since.

#474   2013/05/08 09:12AM
    HouseTops

Quote Rosieroserson: A coworker ( her mother is american and her father is norwegian) told me something interesting about the attitude towards guns and rifles in the U.S.
    When the first europeans arrived in the 'new world', they fought the native americans off their land and saw it as an act of selfdefence.... So the right to bear arms (2 or 3rd Amendment???) has been an important part of the concept of freedom ever since.

You and they are right, BUT, assault rifles, really??

The "new world" is 250 years old, no assault rifles back then!!

#475   2013/05/08 10:55AM
    allmylovingdays

And even this last law they tried to pass wouldn't stop the type of guns being used only that gun shows would have to get background checks. OMG. Like that is such a freaking hardship

#476   2013/05/08 12:58PM
    Rosieroserson

Quote HouseTops:
    Quote Rosieroserson: A coworker ( her mother is american and her father is norwegian) told me something interesting about the attitude towards guns and rifles in the U.S.

You and they are right, BUT, assault rifles, really??

The "new world" is 250 years old, no assault rifles back then!!

You're probably right, but I stll think it explains some of our differences in attitude towards 'the right to bear arms'.

#477   2013/05/08 01:12PM
    Rosieroserson

Quote allmylovingdays: And even this last law they tried to pass wouldn't stop the type of guns being used only that gun shows would have to get background checks. OMG. Like that is such a freaking hardship

It's crazy!!!
    In Norway not even the cops carry guns..... and that is ofcourse debatable.
    After July 22 2011 ( the terror bomb in Oslo and the shooting and killing of almost 80 young people at a political camp at Utoya island) many of our citizens thought they should be allowed to bear arms...... but I don't think it ever changed....

#478   2013/05/09 03:55PM
    allmylovingdays

Anyone watching The Voice? Did the eliminations yesterday suck or what!!

#479   2013/05/09 05:09PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote allmylovingdays: Anyone watching The Voice? Did the eliminations yesterday suck or what!!

I'm American Idol girl.

#480   2013/05/10 05:55AM
    allmylovingdays

The final piece on the new World Trade center --cbs morning show was following it being placed and connected.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/10/world-trade-center-spire/2149449/

« 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list