List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 26400, Replies: 680
    « 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 » »| page:
    #451   2013/04/20 06:04AM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    allmylovingdays

Quote sharon n nick 4eva: USA! USA! USA! USA!

Ditto !! USA USA USA!!!

flightygirl thanks about the Sweet Caroline. I knew that it was something very traditional for Boston --and after you mentioned the eighth inning you know I googled. Read the same thing. My nephew's best buddy got married a few months back and my sister told us that a lot of the traditions they did and had were so cute and sweet.........one of which was the kids that have grown up together since gradeschool celebrating this couples happiness and the boys all sang to her Sweet Caroline. OK you all are going now to get a long post here about this song. Neil Diamond wrote it for Caroline Kennedy. -- None of you know this I think but I was named for her too. Caroline. I had /have that song sung to me all my life by my family and friends. If you read the lyrics I can totally see why it is sung for spring/summer sports games.....GOOD TIMES NEVER FELT SOOOOOOOOO GGGGGOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!!

Oh I just found this quote from Neil Diamond regarding the response and how this song resonated through this week
    "I wrote it in a hotel in Memphis, Tennessee," he said recently. "And I think there's a little bit of God in that song. I always have felt that. There's no accounting for what can happen to a song.”

so in honor of the wonderful law enforcement that worked together to get the suspect yesterday --so wonderful to hear the cheers of those living in Watertown to all the first responders.

"Sweet Caroline"

Where it began,
    I can't begin to knowin'
    But then I know it's growing strong
    Was in the spring
    And spring became the summer
    Who'd have believed you'd come along.

Hands, touchin' hands
    Reachin' out, touchin' me touchin' you
    Sweet Caroline
    Good times never seemed so good
    I've been inclined
    To believe they never would
    But now I, look at the night
    And it don't seem so lonely
    We fill it up with only two.

And when I hurt,
    Hurtin' runs off my shoulders
    How can I hurt when I'm with you
    Warm, touchin' warm
    Reachin' out, touchin' me touchin' you
    Sweet Caroline
    I've been inclined,
    To believe they never would
    Oh, no, no

Sweet Caroline
    Sweet Caroline,
    I believe they never could
    Sweet Caroline.........

hearts and prayers still being sent to Texas.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/20 06:05AM
    #452   2013/04/20 08:03AM
    HouseTops

Interesting about Watertown, MA...used to have an aunt and uncle and cousin live there!! Sort of brings it closer to home!! Sweet Caroline!! Realized I'm 1/16th American, too!!

#453   2013/04/21 07:02PM
    allmylovingdays

I was talking to my mom about Sweet Caroline when they showed him Singing live at the Boston Red Sox game. Did you all see it? LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! The audience did the bmmp bmmmp bmmmp its on youtube let me find it..but the reason why my mother and I talked is she made me realize something that I am ashamed to sort of admit here---but you all know me pretty well --sort of ditz not the greatest typist or speller....so I told her I asked over here why -and then I went on google and WIKI and found the reference to Caroline Kennedy and that was it....she said CAROLINE(to me) -where was JFK from prior to being president. DUH!!

#454   2013/04/21 07:04PM
    allmylovingdays

not youtube but E

popwatch.ew.com/2013/04/21/neil-diamond-leads-bostons-fenway-park-in-sweet-carol...

#455   2013/04/22 04:55PM
    mama rosa

Same show as Friday today!

#456   2013/04/22 06:07PM
    HouseTops

Quote mama rosa: Same show as Friday today!

DOOL was pre-empted on Friday because of the horror in Boston. No new show in Canada today....my PVR didn't record...

#457   2013/04/24 03:27AM
    HouseTops

Rainy days and Wednesdays always make me........

Where is Spring?

#458   2013/04/24 08:58AM
    mama rosa

Quote HouseTops: Rainy days and Wednesdays always make me........

Where is Spring?

Sure isn't in Canada,It's the coldest winter in a century!
    Could have another Dust Bowl coming...and that would not be good for anyone!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/04/24 09:00AM
    #459   2013/04/24 06:14PM
    allmylovingdays

Quote mama rosa:

Where is Spring?

OH NO! I know the midwest in flooding! And yes, snow in APRIL --they warned us that we could get two inches but it thankfully didn't come. Our weather for Saturday and Sunday shows mid 70's?? this weather is crazy!!!

#460   2013/04/24 06:37PM
    mama rosa

Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote mama rosa:

Where is Spring?

OH NO! I know the midwest in flooding! And yes, snow in APRIL --they warned us that we could get two inches but it thankfully didn't come. Our weather for Saturday and Sunday shows mid 70's?? this weather is crazy!!!

Hi Amld!
    How are you,doing?
    We had snow and hail yesterday,real nice today!..It's the beginning of finals for my neighbor kids and they have no idea what to do this year to celebrate,it's way to dangerous for camping this year...Your so right this weather is beyond crazy...And then on top we have the solar flairs coming in June and on...God help us all!!..I keep wondering what is going to be the next thing to hit us,and that could be figuratively!...
    I just keep watching the Sky!

« 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list