List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 27009, Replies: 680
    « 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 » »| page:
    #381   2013/03/06 01:35PM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    Stash

AMLDs, if you come to Maine I would be glad to show you the great places along the coast that only the natives know, and the best placed to eat lobster.

I was in Kansas City once but had a migrane headacke. My husband went out for a steak dinner while I stayed home in a dark room feeling like I was going to loose it. What luck, but I don't get those headackes anymore, sure glad of that.

Watching days now, Sami & EJ are in bed, talking Nick.

#382   2013/03/06 04:18PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote Stash: Paris, your daughter has good taste. I have been a few times when I was single and footloose. I stayed in a hostel for $12 a night that time. My husband and I have been to Paris together and London. We are shooting for Ireland this year.

We never take a full tour, we go on our own and use the subways and trains to get around. We did sign up for some day tours which were very good. My husband is a great trip planner so I let him do it. If you go to Paris I would recommend you bring two things with you, some reading material in English and a wash cloth. You can't get either and a week or two without gets old after a week or two. They do not provide a washcloth in hotels, just towels. You should buy a guide book and read it first so you know what you want to visit. I hope you have a great time.

London is a much smaller city and it was easier to get around. We walked, used the subway and occasionally used taxis. They drive on the wrong side of the street so I would be afraid to drive there anyway.

Thank you Stash, Ireland would be nice to go after England and Scotland.

I think going with a tour to France is better because we don't speck the language but England we would do on our own.

#383   2013/03/07 02:21AM
    Rosieroserson

Quote HouseTops:
    Quote Rosieroserson:
    Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote Stash: Hi Cyinderdays and Allmylovingdays. Cynderdays, where are you traveling from and why Nova Scotia, not that you need a reason, it's a beautiful place. Allmylovingdays, yo are in the midwest, what state are you in? It is so cool that people from all over are so conencted to Days. I have been watching since the mid 80's. As a social worker back in those days, if I visited during that time I would have to finish watching days with them before we could take care of any business. Thats how I got hooked.

Rigt now, my husband and I own and operate a friendly Maine motel in Skowhegan Maine.

Please, if anyone else wants to jump in and tell us a little about yourself, we would be glad to hear from you. It's nice to know a little about those we are talking to almost daily.

Hi everyone.

Nasty storm today, tomorrow and alittle on Friday more rain than snow, but who knows?

My daughter will be 16 next year and I ask her what she wanted a party or a trip she said a trip.

She always wanted to go to Paris, so were headed to France.

I have been looking at Tauck tours but I would like to look at others.

Does anyone know of any good tours to Europe.

Paris is great! When I was a teenager I toured France with one of my friends. I'm not a Riviera girl and prefere the west coast. 'La dune de pyla' ( I hope it's spelled correctly) is a beautiful beach area with miles of sanddunes..... Looks like you're in the desert when you suddenly see the atlantic ocean
    Provence is another special and very beautiful part of France. I don't know if you've watched any french movies? Like Jean De Florette with Gerard Depardieu. To die for...... both the scenery and the movie:-)

I'm from Norway and have been in most of the european countries.
    I loved Irland, The republic of Ireland..,, unfortunately I haven't been to Northern Ireland. And Great Britain...New Castle isn't that where JS comes from??? I've been there briefly on my way to London and Hastings...and I've heard so many great things about Bath!

Have you been to Europe before, Sharon n nic? I think Europe's got it all much like the US, but you have states and we have countries. From the small country of Norway ( 5 million inhabitants) to large countries like Spain, France, Italy and Greece. Their unemployment rate is unfortunately high at the moment, and I've heard of several searching for work in Norway. I hope they make it! From what I understand people of all ages are losing their jobs! Not just the young and inexperienced ones.
    Back to travelling...To me France is a good choice no matter what... 20 years ago people in the streets wouldn't answer your questions unless they were in french because they hardly knew any english..I hope and I think it's different now! I don't know about your french skills, Sharon n nic???? I took 4 years in high school, love the language and could get by (barely sometimes:-)

Have a nice trip and happy sweet 16 to your daughter next year!

I am so jealous, France...Paris is on my bucket list. Would love to stroll around the champs d'elysee, drink a glass of wine with some bread and cheese...aaahhhhhh.

Got to go to Honolulu last October...want to go back so badly.
    Always watch Hawaii 5 O to see the sights.

I'd love to go to Hawaii

#384   2013/03/07 02:37AM
    Rosieroserson

Quote Rosieroserson:
    Quote Stash: Hi Cyinderdays and Allmylovingdays. Cynderdays, where are you traveling from and why Nova Scotia, not that you need a reason, it's a beautiful place. Allmylovingdays, yo are in the midwest, what state are you in? It is so cool that people from all over are so conencted to Days. I have been watching since the mid 80's. As a social worker back in those days, if I visited during that time I would have to finish watching days with them before we could take care of any business. Thats how I got hooked.

Rigt now, my husband and I own and operate a friendly Maine motel in Skowhegan Maine.

Please, if anyone else wants to jump in and tell us a little about yourself, we would be glad to hear from you. It's nice to know a little about those we are talking to almost daily.

Hi everyone.

Nasty storm today, tomorrow and alittle on Friday more rain than snow, but who knows?

My daughter will be 16 next year and I ask her what she wanted a party or a trip she said a trip.

She always wanted to go to Paris, so were headed to France.

I have been looking at Tauck tours but I would like to look at others.

Does anyone know of any good tours to Europe.

Paris is great! When I was a teenager I toured France with one of my friends. I'm not a Riviera girl and prefere the west coast. 'La dune de pyla' ( I hope it's spelled correctly) is a beautiful beach area with miles of sanddunes..... Looks like you're in the desert when you suddenly see the atlantic ocean
    Provence is another special and very beautiful part of France. I don't know if you've watched any french movies? Like Jean De Florette with Gerard Depardieu. To die for...... both the scenery and the movie:-)

I'm from Norway and have been in most of the european countries.
    I loved Irland, The republic of Ireland..,, unfortunately I haven't been to Northern Ireland. And Great Britain...New Castle isn't that where JS comes from??? I've been there briefly on my way to London and Hastings...and I've heard so many great things about Bath!

Have you been to Europe before, Sharon n nic? I think Europe's got it all much like the US, but you have states and we have countries. From the small country of Norway ( 5 million inhabitants) to large countries like Spain, France, Italy and Greece. Their unemployment rate is unfortunately high at the moment, and I've heard of several searching for work in Norway. I hope they make it! From what I understand people of all ages are losing their jobs! Not just the young and inexperienced ones.
    Back to travelling...To me France is a good choice no matter what... 20 years ago people in the streets wouldn't answer your questions unless they were in french because they hardly knew any english..I hope and I think it's different now! I don't know about your french skills, Sharon n nic???? I took 4 years in high school, love the language and could get by (barely sometimes:-)

Have a nice trip and happy sweet 16 to your daughter next year!

No, I have never been to Europe before.

My dream is England and I would love to go to Scotland too.

We are looking at tours and no, I don't speck french so going with a tour seems the best way!

Sorry to hear that alot of people are not working....

You seem to have been to alot of places yourself.

I've never been to Scotland, but that was my dream after going to Ireland
    In Ireland my friend and I didn't sign up on a tour and went where ever we wanted by bus! The buses go everywhere and you can enjoy the scenery without having to drive yourself! The people are very friendly and seem happy. You don't have to worry particularly about crime and being mugged! Just feel free to enjoy and explore this wonderful country

I think the same goes for England! You can get around fairly easy by bus or train!

I have been to a lot of places and that's usually what you do, after finishing high school, when you come from a small country like Norway.
    You're just hungry to find out what the world can offer!

#385   2013/03/07 02:58AM
    Rosieroserson

Quote Stash: Paris, your daughter has good taste. I have been a few times when I was single and footloose. I stayed in a hostel for $12 a night that time. My husband and I have been to Paris together and London. We are shooting for Ireland this year.

We never take a full tour, we go on our own and use the subways and trains to get around. We did sign up for some day tours which were very good. My husband is a great trip planner so I let him do it. If you go to Paris I would recommend you bring two things with you, some reading material in English and a wash cloth. You can't get either and a week or two without gets old after a week or two. They do not provide a washcloth in hotels, just towels. You should buy a guide book and read it first so you know what you want to visit. I hope you have a great time.

London is a much smaller city and it was easier to get around. We walked, used the subway and occasionally used taxis. They drive on the wrong side of the street so I would be afraid to drive there anyway.

Ireland is great! I don't actually remember if they drive on the wrong side of the street, because like I said in my previous post.... My friend and I took the bus! A great choice by the way! I don't know now, but 15 years ago the trains couldn't take you all over Ireland......they were expensive as well....that's why we chose the bus! upon arriving in a new city or town we just walked over to the tourist office, and they booked ( for a small fee) a stay at a bed and breakfast of our choice. It's much easier to let the tourist office do the booking. They've got access to all the bed and breakfast/ hostels or hotels in walking distance from the main attractions in that spesific town or city.

We signed up on day tours, but did most of it on our own. Great fun!!!
    Have a great stay in Ireland!!!

#386   2013/03/07 04:22AM
    HouseTops

Quote Rosieroserson:

Ireland is great! I don't actually remember if they drive on the wrong side of the street, because like I said in my previous post.... My friend and I took the bus! A great choice by the way! I don't know now, but 15 years ago the trains couldn't take you all over Ireland......they were expensive as well....that's why we chose the bus! upon arriving in a new city or town we just walked over to the tourist office, and they booked ( for a small fee) a stay at a bed and breakfast of our choice. It's much easier to let the tourist office do the booking. They've got access to all the bed and breakfast/ hostels or hotels in walking distance from the main attractions in that spesific town or city.

We signed up on day tours, but did most of it on our own. Great fun!!!
    Have a great stay in Ireland!!!

My friends and I would love to travel to Europe but soon realized it was a little pricy for us to go there, the exchange rate of money is so great. We decided that travel in North America was our best bang for our bucks. We look forward to anywhere our whims, or our pocketbooks,will take us.
    During my trip to Honolulu, we picked up some Hawaiian fabric with lots and lots of flowers on them. I have been making pillowcases for family and friends. They turned out so lovely. Great project for a non sewer and end up lovely gifts.

#387   2013/03/07 04:25AM
    HouseTops

Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote HouseTops:
    Quote allmylovingdays: Cynderdays is it for pleasure or work? Two months? Hope you enjoy your stay.

Housetops, no storm here!!!! Today it should be 50 and the snow keeps melting! They said weekend in the 60's and then I just heard the forecast and he said but next week back to 20's. I love this weather. UP and DOWN.

I haven't seen the actress all dolled up. I watched Katie a few months back and she had some of the cast on and I was suprised at how different some of the actors/actress looked. Daisy, Anna and Thomas all three looked totally different.

HOLY COW I forgot--get me started on DA and I loose my mind.

EJAMI ROCKS!!!! So HOT yesterday can't wait for more today!!!

DA, too funny. LOL

Good, no storm. The one I thought was going your way went to Chicago and is now headed this way..only slightly though. I am travelling to see my sisters this weekend, so the snow had better stay the fri&& away.

What did you think of crack about EJ being as good a lawyer as Snooki being an actress? No LSB for me.

I thought whatever, I mentioned this comment a bit in one of the EJ threads because EJ is railing at himself for being such a good lawyer by getting that leniency for NICK.

Be safe in your travels. The last storm went north and south of us -they kept building it up but then they would started the percentage thing and by monday evening it was less than 10% chance for us to get any rain or snow.

Stash I live on the state border of KS/MO. State line rd to be exact.

I've always wanted to go to Maine check out the coastline.

AMLD, did you ever follow the Yellow Brick Road and meet Dorothy?

Sorry, I just had to ask that question!! LOL

#388   2013/03/07 06:28AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote HouseTops:
    Quote allmylovingdays:
    Quote HouseTops:
    Quote allmylovingdays: Cynderdays is it for pleasure or work? Two months? Hope you enjoy your stay.

Housetops, no storm here!!!! Today it should be 50 and the snow keeps melting! They said weekend in the 60's and then I just heard the forecast and he said but next week back to 20's. I love this weather. UP and DOWN.

I haven't seen the actress all dolled up. I watched Katie a few months back and she had some of the cast on and I was suprised at how different some of the actors/actress looked. Daisy, Anna and Thomas all three looked totally different.

HOLY COW I forgot--get me started on DA and I loose my mind.

EJAMI ROCKS!!!! So HOT yesterday can't wait for more today!!!

DA, too funny. LOL

Good, no storm. The one I thought was going your way went to Chicago and is now headed this way..only slightly though. I am travelling to see my sisters this weekend, so the snow had better stay the fri&& away.

What did you think of crack about EJ being as good a lawyer as Snooki being an actress? No LSB for me.

I thought whatever, I mentioned this comment a bit in one of the EJ threads because EJ is railing at himself for being such a good lawyer by getting that leniency for NICK.

Be safe in your travels. The last storm went north and south of us -they kept building it up but then they would started the percentage thing and by monday evening it was less than 10% chance for us to get any rain or snow.

Stash I live on the state border of KS/MO. State line rd to be exact.

I've always wanted to go to Maine check out the coastline.

AMLD, did you ever follow the Yellow Brick Road and meet Dorothy?

Sorry, I just had to ask that question!! LOL

NO!!! I have a friend that has always wanted to go to the town that Dorothy came from but it hasn't been one of those I need to see it things for me.

A few years ago when EJAMI Forbidden Love use to do their postcard campaigns there was one of a map of different countries -those of us in the USA would have our State Written in the heart --the country image was filled in with all sorts of great EJAMI scenes and on my postcards after I addressed and wrote my comment on backs I wanted to add a tornado --I looked everywhere for a great tornado sticker. Never found one but in the end I designed my own you know how sometimes on Christmas Cards the design of a tree and it's just one paint stroke image that's how I created my tornado.

I want to go to all those places, Ireland, Scotland, London, PARIS!! After the Olympics a few years back I started to think Vancouver would be lovely to see. SOMEDAY. Ive been to Mexico way too many times. Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, California, Texas and Illinois.

YESTERDAY EJAMI WAS ON FIYA!!! I couldn't believe how good it could be and I didn't want the episode to end. Don't even ask how many times I've watched.

#389   2013/03/07 07:40AM
    allmylovingdays

Since this is the off topic thread. I've been wondering about this--what do you all think. It is about the show. And James Scott.

EJ's mannerism -or upbringing towards women when they enter a room, or when he is dining out, he always gets up pulls chair out, opens doors.

So recently on a few occasions he hasn't -namely when Kristen was leaving Sami's office. He didn't get up-or walk her to the door.

And then back at the hospital when EJ was sitting, watching -thinking and looked like Don Corleone and commanded a moment with Nick.

So my comment or question that's been running through my mind is -did James hurt his back at the time? I know we may never know but did anyone else get that feeling?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/03/07 07:42AM
    #390   2013/03/07 09:11AM
    Stash

Quote allmylovingdays: Since this is the off topic thread. I've been wondering about this--what do you all think. It is about the show. And James Scott.

EJ's mannerism -or upbringing towards women when they enter a room, or when he is dining out, he always gets up pulls chair out, opens doors.

So recently on a few occasions he hasn't -namely when Kristen was leaving Sami's office. He didn't get up-or walk her to the door.

And then back at the hospital when EJ was sitting, watching -thinking and looked like Don Corleone and commanded a moment with Nick.

So my comment or question that's been running through my mind is -did James hurt his back at the time? I know we may never know but did anyone else get that feeling?

I haven't noticed that but I will keep any eye out. I'm sure he would always do that for Samanthr but maybe his sister isn't as high up on the totem pole. Anyway, good notice.

« 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list