List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 27624, Replies: 680
    « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:
    #101   2012/05/03 11:28AM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    Bricole

Hi mama rosa.

#102   2012/05/03 11:42AM
    DaysLover09

Quote Bricole:
    Quote dazlovr: Anybody besides me getting fed up to the Wazoo with all the standing ovations and gushes of love on American Idol? My interest has fallen to new lows lately for this show.

I used to love American Idol but stopped watching around the time that Paula Abdul left. I remember an amazing singer performing during Hollywood week and all of the judges told him that he was the best singer they have ever had. Of course, they tell lots of kids that, but this one really was great. Well, they decided not to pick him to go forward and selected, IMO, less talented singers for the top 24. After that, I stopped watching. Seemed like they weren't really looking for the best singers after all. Now we watch The Voice and Dancing With The Stars. I love the little Disney kid. He reminds me of my son.

I too stopped watching long ago when Paula and Simon left. I like Jeniffer Lopez and Randy Jackson, but I am not too keen on Steven Tylor. I can honestly say that I don't understand "Americans Got Talent". How do you have a show like this and hardly ever choose a talent other than singers. It makes no sense. They should eliminate all the singers off the show and judge other talents only. Let the singers go to "The X Factor".

#103   2012/05/04 05:34AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote mama rosa:
    Quote allmylovingdays: The news today inseparable dogs one is blind and the other was treated badly and was very timid but together they have helped each other. I needed this today.

I saw that on the news too! And there was the other story where a dog was hit by a car and his dog friend stayed on the highway with him so he wouldn't be hit again...She wouldn't leave until he was picked up and then she jumped in beside him!...We could learn a lot from our friends!!
    That made me tear up!!

I saw that one too. I am not a dog lover but these lately have tugged at my heart. Just like the one puppy they named Cactus Jack. Such a sweet little face and all those ugly needles.

#104   2012/05/08 07:14AM
    allmylovingdays

I keep getting Charlie Horses. This mornings is killing me. I can barely walk. Any home remedies?

#105   2012/05/08 07:58AM
    Bricole

Quote allmylovingdays: I keep getting Charlie Horses. This mornings is killing me. I can barely walk. Any home remedies?

Your potassium levels could be low. Usually caused by not drinking enough water or taking diuretics commonly found in blood pressure medicine, diet pills, and some vitamins. Or simply overworked muscles. A good home remedy is eating bananas and/or baked potatoes. Potassium supplements help as well. FYI, I'm not a doctor, I just have the same leg cramp problems. Especially the morning after a big workout/exercise session. Was also told that I need to stretch more. Stretching also helps provide more immediate relief.

#106   2012/05/08 08:04AM
    HouseTops

Quote Bricole:
    Quote allmylovingdays: I keep getting Charlie Horses. This mornings is killing me. I can barely walk. Any home remedies?

Your potassium levels could be low. Usually caused by not drinking enough water or taking diuretics commonly found in blood pressure medicine, diet pills, and some vitamins. Or simply overworked muscles. A good home remedy is eating bananas and/or baked potatoes. Potassium supplements help as well. FYI, I'm not a doctor, I just have the same leg cramp problems. Especially the morning after a big workout/exercise session. Was also told that I need to stretch more. Stretching also helps provide more immediate relief.

Totally, agree. My husband gets a lot of charlie horses and has to dance around for about five minutes before it goes away. I see in him, all of the symptoms you described. Good luck with those, very painful muscles.

#107   2012/05/08 08:06AM
    allmylovingdays

I know a friend of mine recommended yoga and I bought a dvd i just need to find the time. I've recently been drinking a lot of water - i guess i need to get some potassium in me. ThAnks it hurts like the dickens!! bigtime pain, I finally walked a bit on it and it was ok but then if I move it now towards the left it feels like I screwed up a tendon? somehow? just awful.

I am watching Today show Hoda & Kathy. They are talking about The Voice and the stuff that happened last night with Christina and Adam and their singers. MEOW!!

#108   2012/05/09 02:06AM
    mama rosa

Quote allmylovingdays: I know a friend of mine recommended yoga and I bought a dvd i just need to find the time. I've recently been drinking a lot of water - i guess i need to get some potassium in me. ThAnks it hurts like the dickens!! bigtime pain, I finally walked a bit on it and it was ok but then if I move it now towards the left it feels like I screwed up a tendon? somehow? just awful.

I am watching Today show Hoda & Kathy. They are talking about The Voice and the stuff that happened last night with Christina and Adam and their singers. MEOW!!

sending assistance for the leg cramps....eat bananas!..no joke!

#109   2012/05/09 08:45AM
    allmylovingdays

Thanks MamaRosa Bricole said the same thing and I was crying to bad about it yesterday that everyone I know was saying the samething. It finally was letting me walk on it by late afternoon and today just barely a twinge. I need to eat those bananas. SICK OF THESE THINGS.

#110   2012/05/09 10:01AM
    HouseTops

I have an issue with eating bananas. I suffered everyday with headaches when I was working . My daughters, also, suffer from headaches. We went online and found that eating bananas and yogurt are triggers for headaches. I stopped eating both and the headaches went away. Read, also, that cheddar cheese or cheese slices can trigger headaches. Crazy, eh??

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list