List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Started by Bricole at 2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:07PM, Views: 26292, Replies: 680
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2011/11/13 04:41PM
    Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    Bricole

Hi everyone. Sorry for making a new thread, but I couldn't find the old one. This one is created for us to have random off/topic conversations with each other. Hope you all feel free to join in for some random chatter.

#2   2011/11/13 05:05PM
    Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread
    Bricole

Hi mamarosa. We can continue our conversation here.

Thanks for asking about me. I haven't started shopping yet. I'm a procrastinator and I hate the malls. My kids are getting older so hopefully toys won't be on the list this year. I am trying to convince my other family members (siblings, nieces, nephews) to donate to a charity in lieu of gifts. I think we sometimes lose focus of Christmas being a religious holiday and it has become all about material things for some. I just pray that we all focus on caring and being kind to others this year. Life is too short for unnecessary stress and drama. How are things with you?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/13 05:07PM
    #3   2011/11/14 09:23AM
    mama rosa

Morning Everyone!!Hope your all having a great day so far!!

Morning Bricole,

It sounds like the kids are going to get their First taste of passing on the true meaning of Christmas!! The sooner that they learn it's not what they get,...it's the "gift of caring" that's important! Way to go Bricole!! I taught my son, back in the day,that it doesn't have to be limited to just that one day! I believe you get what you give,...If you give with your heart,your paid back with Love in everything you do daily!
    I too hate the Mall....This year my granddaughter is 7 so it's time to teach her about the value of money...This year she gets her first silver coins,and certificate... and Clothes of course,...What can I say I'm a practical Grandma!LOL
    My sisters are doing better,but we're still not sure if JC will lose her leg or not...
    And you know I never complain,It's just a big waste of energy! Just put whatever behind me,and look for bluer skies!!LOL

I was invited to a party last weekend,..my neighbors are Hindi and the food they had!!
    I've got to be invited again,
    I was way full before I could try everything!!LOL

I haven't run into KABO on the board lately,has she gone away,do you know?? I sure hope she's alright!!

It's great that you brought this back!
    Everyone used to be so close,and with Christmas Season so near Everybody should have lots to chatter about!!Mama

#4   2011/11/14 09:38AM
    Bricole

I deleted part of my original post because it was very long. But last year was extremely stressful, so I am praying that things will be better this year. I have family members who like to tell others how much to spend on gifts for their kids. They don't look at the thought or sentimental value. For them it's all about the price tag. They exchange everything they get after Christmas anyway, so this year I won't bother buying them anything. I even splurged for my niece one year and bought a necklace with her birthstone and 14k gold chain. I was told they didn't like it and needed the receipt to return it. What nerve. Plus, I had a friend diagnosed with cancer last Christmas and she had to explain to her kids why she was always sick. It is really an eye opener about life and what we should really focus on in our lives.

#5   2011/11/14 10:26AM
    mama rosa

Quote Bricole: I deleted part of my original post because it was very long. But last year was extremely stressful, so I am praying that things will be better this year. I have family members who like to tell others how much to spend on gifts for their kids. They don't look at the thought or sentimental value. For them it's all about the price tag. They exchange everything they get after Christmas anyway, so this year I won't bother buying them anything. I even splurged for my niece one year and bought a necklace with her birthstone and 14k gold chain. I was told they didn't like it and needed the receipt to return it. What nerve. Plus, I had a friend diagnosed with cancer last Christmas and she had to explain to her kids why she was always sick. It is really an eye opener about life and what we should really focus on in our lives.

Oh,Bricole,
    That's just horrible,that's their parents fault.. My son might not have liked everything through the years that We bought him,...but he never acted like he didn't!
    And to actually tell someone how much to spend!!...
    What nerve indeed!!...That would be the first and the last time with me!!
    If I was their Grandma they wouldn't have deserved a present from Santa!...
    They would learn in a hurry to be Thankful that they have a Christmas Dinner with the family! To many people are alone and have not even a home,never mind the extras!!
    It's sad how the kids have become so entitled,...so they think!
    They never would have made it in our day!!
    No cellphones,computers,cable,If you wanted to call someone and you were out you better have a dime for the pay phone on the corner or be ready for a walk!!LOL
    Heck a fancy pair of Levi's were only $6.99 and records $3.99.. guess that would meet their high standards today!!LOL

Sorry to hear about your friend,she did make it ,..right?

Yes, be thankful for every day you awake and put your feet on the floor!! After that it's one step at a time!! Mama

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/14 10:35AM
    #6   2011/11/14 10:41AM
    Bricole

I remember payphones. And yes, thank God, her cancer is in remission. She is still completing her follow up treatments.

#7   2011/11/14 02:46PM
    dazlovr

You guys seem to know each other, so here's my question. How in blazes do you know somebody here? I would love to post with you all; is there room?

#8   2011/11/14 05:31PM
    mama rosa

Quote dazlovr: You guys seem to know each other, so here's my question. How in blazes do you know somebody here? I would love to post with you all; is there room?

Oh, my gosh,Dazlovr of course there is nothing but room!!
    Welcome Aboard!!
    I've gotten to know Bricole by what she talks about, likes dislikes...Have had some great debates with Bricole,and its always respectful,both ways...I like that same for anybody if they give me the chance!!LOL

So Dazlovr....have you started shopping for Christmas??
    Are you a Student or a Mom or a Dad, got kids, are you a Grandparent??
    That should get us started!!LOL

#9   2011/11/14 06:11PM
    Nicole Fan

This thread is the most interesting one I have seen in a while so I wanna join in!!!!

I am a 31 year old mom (going to be 32 on Wednesday ) I have been married for 13 years, I have 2 year old twin girls named Abigail & Chelsea (bet you don't know where I got those names ) I have been a huge DOOL fan since I was 15 years old. My mom watched it, my grandmother watched it and my great grandmother watched it! My husband even watched it for the longest time because he was absolutely in love with Kristian Alfonso aka Hope. He hasn't watched in years though.

I will start my Christmas shopping on black friday! I LOVE Christmas shopping. It's my favorite time of the year

#10   2011/11/14 06:18PM
    Bricole

Quote dazlovr: You guys seem to know each other, so here's my question. How in blazes do you know somebody here? I would love to post with you all; is there room?

Hi dazlovr. Welcome. Mama rosa is an absolute sweetheart on the board. I imagine that she is just as wonderful in real life. I have been posting here awhile and have met some very wonderful posters. Over time some of us have stayed in touch on other boards and via email. I wish we could have a big party and meet each other in person. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we have met some posters in real life and didn't know. There is always room.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/11/14 06:20PM
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list