List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Jennifer and Jack

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jennifer and Jack

Started by Jennifer orton at 2011/10/03 05:30PM
    Latest post: 2011/10/22 02:34PM, Views: 7779, Replies: 36
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2011/10/03 05:30PM
    Jennifer and Jack
    Jennifer orton

:( I sure hope Jennifer is not going to take Jack the loser back, since she now has a great guy who knows how to treat her and her children. She and Daniel are perfect for each other. Jack has always been wrong for her.

#2   2011/10/03 07:45PM
    Re: Jennifer and Jack
    beegeee3636

Sorry I have to ask... How do you figure Daniel is such a great guy? We know barely anything about his past. But what we do know isn't necessarily all rainbows and roses...

We know he has a temper and is also the "jealous type". He lives in an apartment... why not a house? He wants Jen to move in with him...why not propose? We know "long term" "committed" relationships aren't Daniel's strong suit. I get that both Daniel and Jen might not be ready to walk down the aisle so soon.... but then again look at Maggie..

We also know that Daniel sleeps with his patients, which is a big no no in hospitals and should be a red flag for Jen. Who are Daniel's parents? Where was Daniel before he came to Salem? Does he have any other children/wives?

I'm not saying Jack is perfect, and I'm not saying is now the man for Jen. He has alot of flaws himself... but he wears his heart on his sleeve. With Jack, what you see is what you get, whether it is good or bad, we know pretty much everything there is to know about the man.

(Yes I may be a little biased since I grew up watching Jack and Jen and think Matt A is a genius and love the way he brings something out of Missy R. in their scenes. )

The bottom line is that we don't know enough about Daniel to make a decision either way--what exactly makes him perfect for Jen? Remember how angry his was back in the spring... right in front of Melanie and the rest of the bar?
    I'd be a little more cautious if I was Jen. JMO

#3   2011/10/03 10:28PM
    days78

With Jack lurking around and then doing the slap stick of having him fall into the cake, I was worried that they would reduce this character to a bungling idot.

However, today show was great writing and acting and the emotion between Jack and Jennifer was popping off the screen.
    I hope they keep it this real for Jack most of the time. Under those circumstances there could be great s/l
    Jack chasing after opium dealers in Afganistan but I bet somehow all roads lead to the DiMera's...

#4   2011/10/03 11:46PM
    beegeee3636

Quote days78: With Jack lurking around and then doing the slap stick of having him fall into the cake, I was worried that they would reduce this character to a bungling idot.

However, today show was great writing and acting and the emotion between Jack and Jennifer was popping off the screen.
    I hope they keep it this real for Jack most of the time. Under those circumstances there could be great s/l
    Jack chasing after opium dealers in Afganistan but I bet somehow all roads lead to the DiMera's...

ITA, very well put. I was also worried about how Jack would be portrayed...if the s/l continues like this, Dr. Jonas is going to be the one looking like a tool. I have a feeling Jack's return will show Daniel's true colors.

#5   2011/10/04 12:58AM
    days78

Quote beegeee3636:
    Quote days78: With Jack lurking around and then doing the slap stick of having him fall into the cake, I was worried that they would reduce this character to a bungling idot.

ITA, very well put. I was also worried about how Jack would be portrayed...if the s/l continues like this, Dr. Jonas is going to be the one looking like a tool. I have a feeling Jack's return will show Daniel's true colors.

Yes, but what are his true colors? All we know about him is that he beds many of the people he treats, didn't care that Chloe was married when he pursued her, yet couldn't forgive her for "cheating" even though she was set up and he's easy on the eyes. He's one of Dena's under developed characters that hopefully the new writers can give some kind of core to.

#6   2011/10/04 03:54PM
    allmylovingdays

I was impressed with this couple communicating!!! I was ticked off when Jack first fell down and he tried to talk to Jennifer and she wasn't letting him even try Friends who use to love Jack and Jennifer even said she had every right since he was lurking around and didn't come straight to her and tell her everything. I was and always will be one of those people that is thinking, the writers did that, they also were writing it like no one in the whole square noticed Jack. I hate that kind of writing. SO LO AND BEHOLD how surpising I was to catch the last 20 minutes of the show an hear Jack and Jennifer talking.

I will say, and I say it all the time. Each week a soap uses a plot/a line/a story and in this case Jack telling Jennifer -while I was being held against my will, it was you, and the kids that kept me alive...and all I could think of was two weeks ago I heard Todd on OLTL saying this even though he came back with no memory of his family or life.

#7   2011/10/05 01:45PM
    JUJU41

I must say that I am soooo happy to see Jack back. I stopped watching "Days" a few years ago, then started watching again recently. I love Jennifer and Jack together, always have. I hope they get back together. I think Jenn's current "fling" is very boreing!

#8   2011/10/06 06:50AM
    lulu67

Hope Dan an Jen stay together. Find somone new for Jack.

#9   2011/10/06 07:52AM
    bearrie

Jennifer with Jack back in the day was about comic relief. Isn't it time Jen settled down with a real man instead of a joke? Shouldn't Jennifer have a man that will be there for her through it all? The good the bad and the ugly? In sickness and in health? Be it their own or their that of their children?
    Shouldn't Jennifer have a husband that she can depend on to be mature and responsible? One who won't be so brainless and think I can bop on over and get this story about drugs in Afghanistan and then pop back home before the kids even notice I'm gone.
    Personally, I've never cared for Matt. He's not proven himself worthy to me. I've preferred the other Jack, Steve Wilder.
    Daniel might or might not be the man worthy of Jen either. Only time -and the writer's pen- will tell which man is worthy of Jennifer. Hopefully, Daniel will get a fair shot to prove himself. Given Jack's history with Jen, Daniel should have a very good chance to get the girl.

#10   2011/10/06 08:47AM
    Smgleo8162

I completely agree with you on this. I will be so diapointed if jen takes back Jack. How many times has he left his family and hurt them all for a story.
    I think Daniel has really turned himself around and is a perfect match for Jennifer. I think everything was just perfect for them before Jack 'dropped by'. Daniel is a family man now and would do good to settle down with Jen.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list