List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: UNSORASING THE OLSONS AND BANNINGS

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

UNSORASING THE OLSONS AND BANNINGS

Started by AArredondo02 at 2011/01/15 11:00AM
    Latest post: 2011/01/15 11:02AM, Views: 466, Replies: 1
    page:
    #1   2011/01/15 11:00AM
    UNSORASING THE OLSONS AND BANNINGS
    AArredondo02

AxlRose, check out my new topic!!!

#2   2011/01/15 11:02AM
    Re: UNSORASING THE OLSONS AND BANNINGS
    AArredondo02

AxlRose, thank you for helping me build BRING BACK THE BANNINGS, and I'll still maintain the topic.

AxlRose, how would you feel about commenting on a new topic that I'm going to start called UNSORASING THE OLSONS AND BANNINGS. Basically, the topic will go into how Julie's son, David Banning, who was born in 1967 should have been SORASED in 1982 with Grant Aleksander playing the first adult David instead of 1975 with the late Richard Guthrie playing the first adult David. Speaking of which, in 1975, Richard Guthrie should have been hired to play Julie's brother, Steve Olson, instead of Julie's son. Richard Guthrie and Susan Seaforth Hayes were in the same age bracket, and it would have been age appropriate to had Guthrie play Steve instead of David. That way all of David's seventies stories would have gone to Steve with Richard Guthrie playing the role. It would have been Steve Olson with Valerie Grant in Days' first interracial relationship, Steve battling his cousin, Mike, over the love of Trish Clayton. Instead of Trish Banning, she could have easily been Trish Olson. I would have David's son, Scott Banning, born in 1987 to a Johnson meaning Adrienne Johnson Banning Kiriakis (Judi Evans Luciano) instead of 1977 to a Clayton meaning Trish Clayton Banning. Spencer Olson should have been born in 1977 following Steve and Trish Olson's marriage. I would have Steve and Trish divorce, with Trish leaving town and leaving young Spencer with Steve. I would write that Steve finally found true love with his second wife, Penelope (Linda Dano), who would be barren and had a chance to be a mother to her stepson, Spencer. In fact, I would go so far as to have Penelope adopt Spencer on her and Steve's wedding day. It would culminate with Steve, Penelope, and Spencer bidding farewell to Salem for many years. With the death of actor Richard Guthrie, I would recast Steve (with either Ron Raines or Ben Masters) and keep Linda Dano as Penelope and Ted King as Spencer. Instead of making Daphnee Duplaix's Mariah Walker a Banning, I would make her a Olson with her getting to know her father, Steve, stepmother, Penelope, and half-brother, Spencer. I would rename Mariah and Brandon's son, Steve "Stevie" Walker, in honor of Mariah's father, Steve. I would still keep Mariah as a tough, saavy businesswoman who works alongside Steve and Spencer at Olson Industries.

As for David Banning, Grant Aleksander, if Guiding Light, hadn't got to him first in 1982, should have come to Days to play the first SORASed David Banning. I would still had him be in the Tony/Renee/David triangle, marry and later divorce Renee just before her murder, date Kayla (then-Catherine Mary Stewart) before she left town the very first time. In 1983, I would have David remain in Salem for several more years and get involved in the construction and real estate business by sinking his teeth first in Anderson Manufacturing then branching out on his own with his own company, Banning Construction and Real Estate (or Banning Development, whatever you think is appropriate, AxlRose). As for love interest, I would have him be the first love of Adrienne Johnson's life. Grant Aleksander and Judi Evans Luciano could have had the same great chemistry on Days playing a couple, David and Adrienne, as they did playing Phillip and Beth on Guiding Light. David and Adrienne falls in love, gets married, and have a son, Scott Banning II, named in honor of David's deceased adoptive father, Scott Banning, Sr. David, Adrienne, and Scotty would be happy as a family, and David with his fledging business until Justin Kiriakis (Wally Kurth) comes to Salem and has his company, Kiriakis Construction put Banning out of business and takes his wife, Adrienne, to add insult to injury. Disgusted, Phillip files for divorce from Adrienne and sole custody of Scotty and leaves Salem while Adrienne moves on with her love with Justin and have several sons with him. I would write that during his time away from Salem, David Banning (Grant Aleksander), had Adrienne relinquish her rights as Scotty's mother and allow his new wife, Karen (Beth Chamberlain), adopt Scott (Dylan Bruce), which she did. In addition, David and Karen had several more children, Addie (Melinda Sward), Ethan (Brandon Buddy), and Kelly (Portia Rengers). Businesswise, I would have David turn his financial situation around by having him be an energy tycoon during his time away from Salem and with the help of Karen, who is a saavy, tough businessperson in her own right, build Banning Energy into Banning Industries, a multi-billion-dollar, multinational conglomerate on Fortune 500. Like Lucinda Walsh did for other Oakdale businesses doing management consulting through her companies, Walsh Enterprises and WorldWide Industries, I would have by then David's divorced mother, Julie, take on her son and his company, Banning Industries, as a client in her own conglomerate, GlobeCo, and help guide Banning into proserity. Instead of having Michael Park play 40-something Scott, I would have Dylan Bruce play 20-something Scott, who would definitely be young enough to be Susan Seaforth Hayes' grandson. I would give Scott a new wife and children since Faith would have never met Scott and instead fell in love with her doctor, Dr. Marcus Hunter (the late Richard Biggs), and leave Salem together in 1992. I would bring David, Scott, and his family back to Salem. David and Karen would be a supercouple who could really root for and would have a test through Dr. Carly Manning (Crystal Chappell). I would have David and Carly have an affair, which would result in a daughter, Julia.

By giving Scott a new family since Faith married Marcus instead and left Salem, what would be the name of Scott's new wife, infant son, and infant daughter, AxlRose?

Would you cast to play Dr. Scott Banning (Dylan Bruce)'s wife?

Would you be all for that, AxlRose?

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list